Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What were your favorite DC Comics toys you had as a kid

I had the Hall Of Justice playset with most of the 8" action figures - Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Batgirl, and Shazam. For whatever reason, there was no Flash, Green Lantern, or Hawkman action figures in the 70s.

I had the Batmobile, Bat-cycle, and Bat-copter.

Loved all those toys.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wanted the Super Powers Superman figure but instead I got a huge 100 page coloring book. It's the first time I ever heard of Earth 2 and Superman's cosmic zoo.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. I had the Batman Returns Catwoman. It's a b*tch to stand since her feet are tiny but I like that you can pull her hand back a bit, and it will automatically whip out. It's meant for her whip, but I just use it bare so I can make her scratch Batman face over and over. XD

Another favorite is Batman Forever Two-Face, but only for the coin. I spent more time flipping the coin than playing with the figure.

Boisterously Confused

Honestly, a towel. That's all it took to transform me into Batman.

The Super Powers line of action figures.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

As a kid in 1966 - 1967, I had a Batman walkie talkie (two plastic cell phones connected by a plastic tube), a Batman utility belt, two Batman board games, a Batman mask, two Batman T-shirts (I grew out of the first one), a model of the Batmobile, a plushy Batman doll, a Batman glider (it was like a sling shot with a figure of Batman that you could fire forward so he would fly for a bit before hitting a wall or one of my sisters). There were also the second and third runs of the Topps Batman bubble gum cards, which had parts of a total picture on the back, so you would have to put them together to get the full picture (of Catwoman, Penguin, Joker, Batman, Robin, Batman and Robin, etc). The second series was comic book art based, while the third series was photographs from the show (or actually I think it was mostly from the movie).

This in addition to collecting the Sundays from the newspaper, putting together my scrapbook of all articles on the TV show, my Batman coloring (sic) book--and probably a lot of other memorabilia I've forgotten now. Never did get that Batman costume for my Captain Action doll (damn). Almost all of this stuff is gone. I do have the board for one of the board games, but nothing else that went with it. A lot of this stuff broke or got ripped and my parents threw out the bulk. My mother used one of my Batman T-shirts to clean the floor--a fact that neither of us ever forgot, it was a running joke between us until she died. But, on the other hand, my mother made a Robin costume for my Teddy bear (a bear I had since trailing clouds of glory did I come)--and that costume was a work of art. Of all the toys I had, that Bear Wonder is the one I loved best.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I had the Hall Of Justice playset with most of the 8" action figures - Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Batgirl, and Shazam. For whatever reason, there was no Flash, Green Lantern, or Hawkman action figures in the 70s.

Loved all those toys.
    Oh, man. I had these too. Except the Supergirl figure; for some reason, I was never able to find that.

Ah, the memories....

Edit - Jim Kelly's post reminds me that I had a Batman board game, and models f the '60s Batmobile and Green Hornet;s Black Beauty. Thanks, Jim.
    Last edited by Nine Crocodile; 09-26-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

Loved all those toys.
    I assume you are talking about the Mego figures, vehicles and playset?

Had both Batman and Zorro at some point (did not have the vehicles) or those mad faux accessories.
    lol the outrageous gloves on Batman was the first thing lost.

Had SHAZAM! (yes I called him that)

And from Marvel: Captain America, The Falcon, and a poor Klingon who got a cape and helmet re-purposed as El Condor! (my bizarre invention) so he could hang out with them.

Had a few of the MEGO Pocket Heroes too.

And the Corgi Batmobile with the blade that sprung out the front.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I had the die cast Batmobile from the TV show.
    It fired toothpicks, had a bit out the front that came out to cut stuff and I FLOGGED that thing.

I recently found it again in a store in prefect condition and they wanted $400.00 for it!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

If we can mention Marvel, I had Falcon, Cap, and Human Torch too.

I recall wondering why GL was shown on the playset, but not available.

DC wise, I had an Aquaman toy (they were still toys back then). I loved that thing!

Astonishing Member

Super Powers Action Figures.

I didn't have them all but I loved the ones I had.

This should qualify. DC did do a Captain Action comic book. But the Aquaman suit for my Captain Action. (not my actual toy)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Let's see...

The first DC thing I ever owned was a bendy Batman figure (my younger brother Rich had Robin). This would have been around 1967 when I was 2 - I'm not even sure I had seen any DC programs at that time (I started watching Saturday-morning cartoons and TV in general regularly in '68).

By the early '70s, my brother got an SSP Batmobile (when you pulled the plastic strip, it would speed across the floor) for his birthday that I played with as much as he did. A year or two later, I possessed a Superman coloring book and a Batman Colorforms set.

By 1973 (the first year I owned a DC comic, FWIW), my brothers and I found a Mego action figure for each of us under the Christmas tree (Bats for me, while my other three brothers got Supes, Aquaman, and a certain web crawler from another company ).

The only other DC-related products I can remember getting (circa mid-'70s) were a Batman parachute toy (my brother Rich had Superman - hey, guess which superheroes were - and are - our favorites? ) and a Batman & Robin shirt. Beyond that, I can't recall anything else.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    DC wise, I had an Aquaman toy (they were still toys back then). I loved that thing!

My brother Joe had that, appropriately enough because he was easily the best swimmer of all of us - he could stay underwater longer than anybody I can remember, too!

BTW, don't let anybody tell you Arthur wasn't cool back then, because he was.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?