Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kubert View Post
    SM Toys seems open to suggestions. The great Super Powers / JGL inspiration may have made this new figure possible,

Super Powers line never actually produced that^. That's the Mattel 6" figure just inspired by and homageing the never produced Super Powers one.
    Nice article here- http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/a...gsuperman.html
    and - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...gold-superman/
    But yeah your point stands, Spin Masters may be somewhat channeling throwback elements of the Super Powers line, adding modern character updates, and yet all in their own style, which is quite charming.
    Now, if they make a Capitan Rayo! I'm sold!
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-05-2020 at 07:29 AM.

I had some of the Megos, (Superman, Batman and Robin only), most of the Super Powers Collection and some DC Directs.

(^never produced for Super Powers)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Honestly, i never really understood the need for a Batcave playset. It's extremely popular for as long as there have been batman toys... but the number of times that bad guys ACTUALLY get into the super secret hidden Batcave to fight is miniscule...
    Love most Secret Lairs, Team Headquarters, Hideouts, etc... a huge draw for most any line would always be the potential for those.
    Joe's in most their incarnations always got one. Wish Mego had offered more, the Hall of Justice mentioned by the OP, and their Batcave could have been better executed.
    Also wish they'd made a parallel one for Zorro, or added characters like Phantom (Skull Cave) , Shadow, Green Hornet, all with lairs.
    Similar for Marvel U, the Avengers HQ, or Asgard. DC: Fortress of Solitude, a Titans lair, Themiscyra, Atlantis set, Rock of Eternity (yeah it's pretty much just a mountain cave with a throne and Statues, Some kind of Hawk-Lair/Weapons museum. An OA home-base with charging station Giant Battery, some kind of Flash Crime lab, and of course all the potential villain lairs. all these could have been great.
    Especially scaled for the Super Powers line. I think there are a few un-produced art concepts out there.
    Never had them but Thunder cats lair, and Greyskull were some great examples.

I always would have rather had Wayne Manor .....
    Wayne manor would only interest me if it's specifically attached too, or concealing a Batcave behind secret panels, or underneath, otherwise it's pretty much getting close to just a doll house. :-p

I always would have rather had ..... a Bank, or a Muesum playset for the villains to rob and Batman to stop... but the Batcave?!? I played with it, but it wasn't the most exciting play area I had.
    I get why a bank or museum and other city environments, would have more general use, but also a seem a bit generic.
    I guess ideally for any good toy line there'd be some of both.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-05-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Love most Secret Lairs, Team Headquarters, Hideouts, etc... a huge draw for most any line would always be the potential for those.
    Joe's in most their incarnations always got one. Wish Mego had offered more, the Hall of Justice mentioned by the OP, and their Batcave could have been better executed.
    Also wish they'd made a parallel one for Zorro, or added characters like Phantom (Skull Cave) , Shadow, Green Hornet, all with lairs.
    Similar for Marvel U, the Avengers HQ, or Asgard. DC: Fortress of Solitude, a Titans lair, Themiscyra, Atlantis set, Rock of Eternity (yeah it's pretty much just a mountain cave with a throne and Statues, Some kind of Hawk-Lair/Weapons museum. An OA home-base with charging station Giant Battery, some kind of Flash Crime lab, and of course all the potential villain lairs. all these could have been great.
    Especially scaled for the Super Powers line. I think there are a few un-produced art concepts out there.
    Never had them but Thunder cats lair, and Greyskull were some great examples.

Wayne manor would only interest me if it's specifically attached too, or concealing a Batcave behind secret panels, or underneath, otherwise it's pretty much getting close to just a doll house. Again

I get why a bank or museum and other city environments, would have more general use, but also a seem a bit generic.
    I guess ideally for any good toy line there'd be some of both.

LOVE Castle Grayskull. My first and all-time favorite playset. Snake Mountain was pretty cool too... but that's what I love about those. They were specifically places that the battles happened. The whole concept of Masters of the niverse, was the bad guys wanted to get into the castle and the good guys wanted to force them out. Snake Mountain is where the people get kidnapped and chained to a wall... so the good guys have to go there and rescue them. Nothing 'secret' about those lairs. they were prime targets.

Similar to the Joes. They may claim that they were 'secret locations'... but in the cartoons there was always an assualt going on attacking BOTH sides home bases trying to rescue the POWs that were locked up... Lots of play action there.

The Batcave?? Nobody knows where that is... nobody really fights there. Best case scenario it was like the 66 show where Batman and Robin would go back to the cave and stare at the computer for a bit and wait to be summoned. :P

As for the 'doll house' aspect... I think it's all about the action features. Throw some trap doors and secret entrances, a vault with a 'secret combination' that needs to be worked, a break away skylight... a Safe behind some artwork.. and It would be a lot of fun. In fact some kind of three story Wayne manor where the bottom layer was the cave would be pretty awesome, as long as the billionaire playboy kidnapping/hostage concept is the main aspect.

I remember watching all those old commercial where the action figures were played with all these elaborate settings including barrels, and dumpsters and alleys and things that really looked like they were in Super powers sized city... and I was rolling my batmobile through the grass or carpet next to the couch. I always wished they'd sell THOSE kind of things to really build the scene

Spectacular Member

Just add Action Figures...

LOL fun! Superman, Supergirl, Krypto and Streaky flying around Metropolis.

And - https://i.imgur.com/Bjygz4c.jpg

Didn't have these, but anyone appreciate tin-toys?

They should have done a similar (carousel style) one with Batman(Batmobile, Robin(Redbird), Batgirl(Batcycle), and Ace spinning around Gotham (and through the Batcave.

And the Aquafamily on their "Seahorses" Aquaman(Storm), Mera(Coral?), Aqualad(Imp), and Tusky swimming around Atlantis.

And (depending when these were made), gliding around Themyscira

Of course the Shazamily spinning around Fawcett City and the Rock of Eternity.

The GL Corps, spinning around Oa and the Central Battery.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-16-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Did not have
    )
    This was a great little line of 40s Captain Marvel Family figures while still licensed under Fawcett, so yeah everything still labeled MARVEL
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-16-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The first DC related "toy" that I ever had was the Sugar & Spike paper dolls--which actually my sisters cut out of the comics and pasted onto cardboard, so we could put the paper doll outfits on them. I also made a lot of my own dolls by tracing the characters from the comics onto paper and then mounting those on cardboard.
    Had to look these up, was this them?

So pretty much you guys made your own versions of these...

More vintage stuff: (never had these) yet I do love the looks of them,
    Before figures and play-sets became the norm
    Whitman used to make "Activity Boxes" essentially double side printed cardboard figures.

Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Riddler (Shadow of the Bat)
    Total Justice figures
    Mr Freeze (B&R w/icemobile)
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Victor Fries View Post
    Riddler (Shadow of the Bat)
    What line? Figure? was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Victor Fries View Post
    Mr Freeze (B&R w/icemobile)
    This one, or did he ever get something more substantial?

to better match...

? It's weired they gave this vehicle to Batman and not Freeze
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-04-2020 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubert View Post
    Just add Action Figures...

DC Direct did make one for the JLA
    although for one of the goofier figure lines: Pocket Heroes
    Although it seems to scale well with the Infinite Heroes line of figures.

Last edited by Güicho; 08-05-2020 at 05:26 PM.

You know, I'm thinking real hard and I don't think I even had DC comics toys. Or any comics toys for that matter. I remember mostly having Masters of the Universe figures and Transformers. But no superheroes. This realization bums me out.

I did rock the Superman PJ's though once upon a time complete with velcro'd cape.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I did rock the Superman PJ's though once upon a time complete with velcro'd cape.
    My sister and I had Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Fairly sure I was Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    My sister and I had Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Fairly sure I was Wonder Woman.
    Some original "pre-velcro" costumes.

At some point the more mas-produced (and cheap) Ben Cooper style costumes became the norm for a generation

And the odd design of having the characters actual own name or face emblazoned on their own costume.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Who even wanted or remembers these?

Also did they come with a Puppet Master / Puppet Overlord costume for you to dress as?

Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2020 at 05:53 PM.