Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Mego DC action figures and this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The Super Powers line of action figures.
    I had also the Hall of Justice, the Batmobile and Lex's vehicle.
    One of the best toys I've evr had.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Let's see...

The first DC thing I ever owned was a bendy Batman figure (my younger brother Rich had Robin). This would have been around 1967 when I was 2 - I'm not even sure I had seen any DC programs at that time (I started watching Saturday-morning cartoons and TV in general regularly in '68).

By the early '70s, my brother got an SSP Batmobile (when you pulled the plastic strip, it would speed across the floor) for his birthday that I played with as much as he did. A year or two later, I possessed a Superman coloring book and a Batman Colorforms set.

By 1973 (the first year I owned a DC comic, FWIW), my brothers and I found a Mego action figure for each of us under the Christmas tree (Bats for me, while my other three brothers got Supes, Aquaman, and a certain web crawler from another company ).

The only other DC-related products I can remember getting (circa mid-'70s) were a Batman parachute toy (my brother Rich had Superman - hey, guess which superheroes were - and are - our favorites? ) and a Batman & Robin shirt. Beyond that, I can't recall anything else.
    I do remember now that my baby sister had the only DC Halloween costume in my family (Wonder Woman - the only superhero-themed one I ever owned was that pesky friendly-neighborhood guy again ). She also had a Wondy bathing suit, socks, and even Underoos.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Batman TAS figures. 90s.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Oh, it's got to be the Super Powers range from the 80's. I had loads of those. I still owned Superman up until a few years ago when he got lost in a house move.

There was a similar toy range available at roughly the same time based on Marvel's original Secret Wars. This allowed me to create my own personal DC/Marvel company crossover.

batman-command-console1000x650.jpg

Batman Command Console from Mego (1977)

Got it for Christmas when I was 6 and it was just mindblowing to me at the time.

Retired

I mentioned Captain Action before and I guess you could consider that a DC toy as DC published a comic book about him (but after I had got the doll). I am bitter that the only costume that I got for him at the time was the Phantom (not Batman or Superman); however the full face mask for the Phantom was molded to the doll's face, so I could press plasticine into that mask and get a nice three-dimensional copy of the face. Then I could use that to create other characters. That made for hours of fun. It was always the other uses I could find for toys that gave me the most enjoyment, rather the manufacturer's intended purpose.

The first DC related "toy" that I ever had was the Sugar & Spike paper dolls--which actually my sisters cut out of the comics and pasted onto cardboard, so we could put the paper doll outfits on them. I also made a lot of my own dolls by tracing the characters from the comics onto paper and then mounting those on cardboard.

They had a little plastic set of the '66 Batmobile pulling the Batboat on a trailer, it was bigger than Hot Wheels. I would get one every summer when we went camping.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

One word: Batmobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Of course the large Corgi Batmobile with slasher blade and rocket lunchers was the holy grail

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

And the Corgi Batmobile with the blade that sprung out the front.
    I had the die cast Batmobile from the TV show.
    It fired toothpicks, had a bit out the front that came out to cut stuff and I FLOGGED that thing.

I recently found it again in a store in prefect condition and they wanted $400.00 for it!!
    LOL subbing toothpicks for the lost rockets seems to have been the universally shared go to solution.
    Yes this was the Holy Grail of toys even back then, not surprised they are fetching so much today!

Loved the Corgi vehicles.
    Wish we'd gotten an Arrow-car/Arrow-plane a Canary-cycle, and Batgirl cycle in the line.
    There was also the smaller scale line of Corgi's , but they never lived up to the awesome that was the large slasher blade and rocket lunching "Crime Busters" scale one.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    One word: Batmobiles.
    Any particular ones? Era? Or you saying you had them all!?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-29-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

I had the Batmobile, Bat-cycle, and Bat-copter.

Loved all those toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They had a little plastic set of the '66 Batmobile pulling the Batboat on a trailer, it was bigger than Hot Wheels. I would get one every summer when we went camping.
    Never had it, I do remember the combo Batmobile + Batboat rig, Was it from the Corgi line in the advert above^, although thought those were all metal?

Also packed with the Batcopter

Likely there was a couple of different lines/scales?

Last edited by Güicho; 09-29-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a kid in 1966 - 1967, I had .... a model of the Batmobile, .

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post

Edit - Jim Kelly's post reminds me that I had a Batman board game, and models f the '60s Batmobile and Green Hornet;s Black Beauty. Thanks, Jim.
    Were these the Aurora Models?
    Have to admit, never had a DC one (or Marvel).
    I did have the Zorro, and King Kong one's I thought were fantastic!

LOL Those are great!

More on topic ads for the Aurora kits...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

This ad from 1967 had a good representation of all the kits--

Last edited by Güicho; 02-10-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Mighty Member

I had a big 1989 Batman the movie Batmobile, and a Batman Forever Batmobile around the same size.

When most of your toys are people or robots, stuff like Batmobiles tend to stand out. I had some Batmen too, back when they were making 150 different types of Batmen a year. "Sewer battle Batman!" "High Seas Batman!" "Skater Bro Batman!" I couldn't tell you which one of those I had, and that's why they aren't a favorite. The Batmobiles I remember. The Batmen I do not.

Retired

My mother gave me a large size Batmobile from the 1989 movie--she was always trying to make it up to me for all the things of mine they threw out. I kept good care of it, but I'm damned if I can find it now. I'm sure I must have put it away somewhere safe, but I haven't got a clue.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Were these the Aurora Models?
    Have to admit, never had a DC one (or Marvel).
    I did have the Zorro, and King Kong one's I taught were fantastic!
    I never had any Aurora models featuring DC characters, but I did have the Spidey one.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Never had it, I do remember the combo Batmobile + Batboat rig, Was it from the Corgi line in the advert above^, although thought those were all metal?

Also packed with the Batcopter

Likely there was a couple of different lines/scales?

I don't remember it having the characters in it, but it looked just like that!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-