Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The utility Belt ...

Inherited from a neighbors big brother among a ton of other stuff) never saw the helmet-cowl...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a kid in 1966 - 1967, I had a Batman .....a Batman utility belt, ....
    Utility belts was quite the toy theme phenomena, while some (Batman / Zorro maybe Captain America) made allot of sense, others not so much.
    Not that it ever needed to, what made sense or not must have been a kind of a crapshoot to a kid navigating the utility belt isle? LOL!

Also I imagine these would be re-imagined today as specifically only ever having been grapple-firing "guns".

Also had a Star Trek - http://www.plaidstallions.com/remco/rem6.jpg
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-07-2019 at 09:57 AM.

LOL I know allot of this is staged, still that's pretty great!

Now I want to see someone walk in there with the Incredible Hulk belt! And get laughed out

Again not mine: This ^ surprised me, I've seen the 1939 Superman wooden figure, I believe the first ever made.
    I did not know, there was also a Batman, (unless it's a custom?) that is a golden-age treasure.

I would track the image to get the details, If I knew how to navigate printerest which has coopted my image searching.
    If it's real i wonder if there was a Wonder Woman too.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-24-2019 at 11:05 AM.

supermobile[1].jpg

It punches too!
    circa late 70's early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    supermobile[1].jpg

It punches too!
    I had that too!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I only had one. My parents were very strict because of their religious beliefs. But they loosened up about Batman a couple times and I got this toy.

image.jpg
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    supermobile[1].jpg

It punches too!

That one came in a couple of sizes too.
    The larger Corgi had a more detailed Superman inside, and the fists fired!

Then it was re-imagined heavily stylized for the Super-Powers line, the krypto-rams somewhat represented the fists.

And just in case from the "DC TOYS THAT JUST DON'T MAKE SENSE!" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    It was designed for when he lost his powers.
    Supposed to mimic his flight, invulnerability, speed, ability to punch ...etc. Just think of it more as armor he's wearing, but it's in the form of a ship.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-25-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I had a Batcopter but I've never been able to find a photo of it.

It was blue and had a clear plastic 'windshield' that would snap open. The cockpit was rather large - my 8 inch action figures of Batman, Robin, and Batgirl could all fit in the cockpit. It also had large blue propellers.

Of course, it had several Batman stickers on the outside base. It was pretty nice and I loved that it was large enough for the action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I had a Batcopter but I've never been able to find a photo of it.

It was blue and had a clear plastic 'windshield' that would snap open. The cockpit was rather large - my 8 inch action figures of Batman, Robin, and Batgirl could all fit in the cockpit. It also had large blue propellers.

Of course, it had several Batman stickers on the outside base. It was pretty nice and I loved that it was large enough for the action figures.
    Likely the Empire brand Helicopter, which sold rescue Copters and Vans to compete with and compliment the 8" Mego scale figures to 12", (catalog even used Mego figures in the adverts) their Batcopter was much better than the lame Mego one. They also made one for Spidey, and the Hulk (cause that is a guy you want flying the choper!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-05-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Thank you so much for posting this. Yes, this is the Bat helicopter I had as a child (I was in error about the blue propellers. They were yellow). I haven't seen this in decades. I also had that exact same Batmobile too. Thanks again for posting this. Nice, nice memories.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this. Yes, this is the Bat helicopter I had as a child (I was in error about the blue propellers. They were yellow). I haven't seen this in decades. I also had that exact same Batmobile too. Thanks again for posting this. Nice, nice memories.
    That Batmobile was Mego's who also had a VW camper van which became a Joker Mobile and Mobile Bat-Lab

Although like the Rescue Copter, Empire Toys did also have their own competing Rescue Van...
    Again showcasing Spider-man and the Hulk:

That Spider-Man Red and Yellow themed Crime Lab , actually would have made more sense as a
    Barry Allen / (secret)Flash Mobile Crime-Lab.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-07-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Ideal: batman "Equipment Set" - Utility-Belt, Cowl, Cape and display.

The Batman page from the 1977 Heroes World catalog- with another piece of Kubert art!

Last edited by Güicho; 02-09-2020 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

The iconic Batman NES game by Sunsoft. It's hard as balls, but fun. I still haven't beaten it to this day.

I don’t have a picture but it was the Batman Beyond toy batmobile, bought it at a garage sale and it was awesome. Still have it to this day
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don’t have a picture but it was the Batman Beyond toy batmobile, bought it at a garage s
    ale and it was awesome. Still have it to this day
    Was definitely a unique slick new design
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-10-2020 at 03:56 PM.