Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Pretty much everybody joining Krakoa isn't philosophy decision joining Krakoa is a survival decision. Only a couple like a Namor or Franklin who have an outside resource to protect themselves would consider it. The choice is to join Krakoa or have Sentinels, Purifiers or Reavers show up and kill you at some point. And it is Krakoa best interest for mutants outside of Krakoa to die so they get "the point". Anyways topic again points out how X-men marvel and rest of Marvel doesn't line up when the X-men disappears and things went to crap for mutants Purifiers weren't trying to Justice and get rid all of mutants. Moving on we have beaten that horse to death on forums.

A more interesting question to me is what mutant is going to be upset to be brought back to life. What mutant is going to say let me just die don't bring me back.

Franklin, Molly Hayes and Klara Plast probably won't join because they essentially have a human family (that loves them and protects them).

Laura might not join and so Gabby might not either.

Beak and Tito I can see them staying away from Krakoa since they also have a human family (but Tito might want to join later on).

I think pretty much everyone that has a human family and human friends that have not tried to kill them or have not hated them might not want to go on Krakoa. Probably some of them will change their mind growing up or if the human/mutant relationships get harsher.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Red Dinosaur will also not join and yes, he is a mutant.

I go along with Whirlwind, Franklin, Klara Plast and Bruiser not coming to Krakoa.

Doctor Nemesis is part of the Agents of Wakanda, so I do not see him join, same applies for Broo.

Dust has become a member of the Champions, so it might take a while before she joins.

Also not joining: Indra, Crosta, Ziggy Karst, Scorpionboy Rico, Trance and Match, simply because they are the forgotten students.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I really don't see Shadow King being invited, and even if he were, I'm not sure he'd accept the offer. I think there's too much animosity there and greed for power. In fact, Xavier just might stand in the way of Amahl Farouk coming back at all.

I'd rule out the mutants of the Winter Guard, with Russia rejecting the offer from the nation of Krakoa. Avengers has proven the team to be a tight unit, and seemingly very loyal to their countries cause, so I don't see Darkstar, Vanguard & Ursa Major arriving on the shores of Krakoa in the immediate future.

Namora & Crosta may reject the Krakoan proposal if they have a greater allegiance to Atlantis than they do to mutants, which is probably the case.

Midnights Fire & Silhouette Chord feel too removed from the mutant sphere of influence to be randomly introduced.

Franklin Richards, at least for now, isn't apart of the equation, but I could see that changing down-the-line as a means of shaking things up. The drama it would cause leaving behind the Fantastic Four, his family, to join a radicalized mutant nation is immense. And we know that Xavier & the Quiet Council will want to be gathering all the Omega-level mutants.

Stryfe I think has too much beef, which is probably why he didn't rock up with all of the other mutant villain players in HoX #5 (Apocalypse, Sinister, Selene, Exodus etc.)

Molly Hayes will stay true to her Runaways I think. It's been proven before she chooses them as her found family. Unless if they're torn asunder again, I imagine she'll remain there for the foreseeable future (regardless of how much we all want to see Molly & Gabby being pals)

Klara Prast seemed pretty happy with her current status quo last we saw her. It is interesting to think how she'd get along with Krakoa, Nature Girl and Mondo though!

Wiccan & Speed, assuming they have the X-Gene and are not mutates like Wanda, aren't likely to turn up either. Between Billy in Deaths Head, Strikeforce and possibly a 2020 YA relaunch, I think they're too busy to show up, and have no reason to be loyal to mutantkind as of yet.

Alpha Flight might come first for Northstar & Aurora. I suspect an Alpha Flight ongoing may come to pass, and I felt the omission of Jean-Paul in particular from the Dawn of X titles was particularly telling in terms of what he might be up to, especially following recent years (Age of X-Man most recently) of him being an active member of the X-Men.

I'm gonna lump Whirlwind, Typhoid Mary, Skein, Hornet, Mister X, Mysterio (Francis Klum) & Puff Adder together. Mutant villains, but not mutant villains. Outside of the Typhoid Fever story I'm not sure any of the others have even directly encountered the X-Men and/or mutant community. If they feel its in their best interest I'm sure they'll show, but they could just as easily take their chances in NYC, the hive of superhuman activity.

ForgetMeNot, just because nobody would remember to extend an invitation.

Ricochet, Bombshell & Melter II have remained removed from mutant affairs up until this point, but now that I think about it I wouldn't mind them interacting with the younger generation of mutants should they join their mutant brothers and sisters.

Big Bertha, Doorman & Flatman will probably show, provided they don't have anything better going on.

Squirrel Girl
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Squirrel Girl
    If I recall correctly, not a mutant, she thought she was because it was an easier explanation than what she actually was.

But yeah even if she was a mutant, I couldn't see her wanting to join, she's way too optimistic about the good in all people to isolate herself.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    If I recall correctly, not a mutant, she thought she was because it was an easier explanation than what she actually was.

But yeah even if she was a mutant, I couldn't see her wanting to join, she's way too optimistic about the good in all people to isolate herself.
    In other words: She WAS a mutant, then it got retconned, probably because of the Fox/DisMar pissing match.

Extraordinary Member

If I was a mutant, I would be very leery of joining another mutant island nation, especially if I was safely passing as a human or lived in an environment where my being a mutant wasn't an issue.

If I was a mutant in a less great position, I would still be cautious and I would probably wait it out to see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Not sure what your point is here.
    Sinister was on the cover, solo, for PoX5 an yet appeared in one panel in a montage sequence.
    Covers have absolutely nothing to do with interiors these days.
    The covers for HOXPOX and the covers for Dawn of X are under two completely different contexts. Literally swap POX4 and POX5 and the covers tell the story, just like how the cover for this issue matches the solicit. Hickman already said this would be the Summers family issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    .......oops.....
    Young Cable is one of the good ones!
    Maybe out of all the teams, the Fallen Angels are the most suspicious when it comes to this new world. It’s all fine, just take this flower

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Just because they're not living on Krakoa doesn't mean they're absolutely uninvolved with it, though.

I half-suspect Northstar's going to be in the same boat. Even when he was more closely aligned with the X-Men than he ever was with Alpha Flight, he maintained a life and residence outside of the school set-up. He might do the same thing with Krakoa.
    Good point. But I can’t see why Cable would be against it while Northstar actually has pretty good reason.

A character that I'm really interested in seeing their view is Gentle. I wonder what he'll make of all of this, especially when you consider Wakanda's refusal.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I really don't see Shadow King being invited, and even if he were, I'm not sure he'd accept the offer. I think there's too much animosity there and greed for power. In fact, Xavier just might stand in the way of Amahl Farouk coming back at all.

I'd rule out the mutants of the Winter Guard, with Russia rejecting the offer from the nation of Krakoa. Avengers has proven the team to be a tight unit, and seemingly very loyal to their countries cause, so I don't see Darkstar, Vanguard & Ursa Major arriving on the shores of Krakoa in the immediate future.

Namora & Crosta may reject the Krakoan proposal if they have a greater allegiance to Atlantis than they do to mutants, which is probably the case.

Midnights Fire & Silhouette Chord feel too removed from the mutant sphere of influence to be randomly introduced.

Franklin Richards, at least for now, isn't apart of the equation, but I could see that changing down-the-line as a means of shaking things up. The drama it would cause leaving behind the Fantastic Four, his family, to join a radicalized mutant nation is immense. And we know that Xavier & the Quiet Council will want to be gathering all the Omega-level mutants.

Stryfe I think has too much beef, which is probably why he didn't rock up with all of the other mutant villain players in HoX #5 (Apocalypse, Sinister, Selene, Exodus etc.)

Molly Hayes will stay true to her Runaways I think. It's been proven before she chooses them as her found family. Unless if they're torn asunder again, I imagine she'll remain there for the foreseeable future (regardless of how much we all want to see Molly & Gabby being pals)

Klara Prast seemed pretty happy with her current status quo last we saw her. It is interesting to think how she'd get along with Krakoa, Nature Girl and Mondo though!

Wiccan & Speed, assuming they have the X-Gene and are not mutates like Wanda, aren't likely to turn up either. Between Billy in Deaths Head, Strikeforce and possibly a 2020 YA relaunch, I think they're too busy to show up, and have no reason to be loyal to mutantkind as of yet.

Alpha Flight might come first for Northstar & Aurora. I suspect an Alpha Flight ongoing may come to pass, and I felt the omission of Jean-Paul in particular from the Dawn of X titles was particularly telling in terms of what he might be up to, especially following recent years (Age of X-Man most recently) of him being an active member of the X-Men.

I'm gonna lump Whirlwind, Typhoid Mary, Skein, Hornet, Mister X, Mysterio (Francis Klum) & Puff Adder together. Mutant villains, but not mutant villains. Outside of the Typhoid Fever story I'm not sure any of the others have even directly encountered the X-Men and/or mutant community. If they feel its in their best interest I'm sure they'll show, but they could just as easily take their chances in NYC, the hive of superhuman activity.

ForgetMeNot, just because nobody would remember to extend an invitation.

Ricochet, Bombshell & Melter II have remained removed from mutant affairs up until this point, but now that I think about it I wouldn't mind them interacting with the younger generation of mutants should they join their mutant brothers and sisters.

Big Bertha, Doorman & Flatman will probably show, provided they don't have anything better going on.
    Yep, characters like Molly don’t seem like the type to let labels guide their lives and easily become more distant from their non-mutant families, even when considering the awful things that have happened to mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Good point. But I can’t see why Cable would be against it while Northstar actually has pretty good reason.
    Blah blah blah integrity of the timeline blah blah.

Fantastic Member

Seems like there should be some event that forces the mutants that don't think it's necessary to reconsider. I mean most won't know about the Mastermold or Nimrod .... but let's say sentinels or armies from some countries go after mutants who don't associate with the X-Men.

In theory it doesn't make sense people like Justice or Whirlwind or even Franklin don't get attacked. They should unfortunately learn why the other mutants are always in defense mode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I wonder how Callisto and the other Morlocks would feel about this...

Callisto arrived through the portals with the villains.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Callisto arrived through the portals with the villains.
    Ah, right.