Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Since I don't expect the Scarlet Witch to be in any comics any time soon, I hope we get some kind of tease about the stories of WandaVision or Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

There's a connection to the comics because I suspect the publishing side will be more willing to feature some of the MCU characters once they know more about the stories of their Disney+ show. Sam Wilson/Falcon is another example of a character who might not return to the comics until someone tells the publishing side what his streaming show will be about.

“No Time To Lose” avengers 4 issue mini by Ewing/waid/zub
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I always got the impression that, like with Ms. Marvel, Runaways does really well with digital and trades. I know Ms. Marvel does badly in floppies but phenomenal in trades/digital so it's not going anywhere. I think it'd be cancelled for sure if not for having some kind of success. Plus, they hyped Doc Justice and the J-Team as being this big new super team and the next big evolution for the Runaways, so I expect something to be done with it.

I like the idea, mainly because they've subverted superhero tropes for so long that the next logical step would be to double-subvert it and become superheroes themselves. For so long, the Runaways have existed in the shadow of BKV, and Marvel let it be cancelled for eight years because no one else could live up to it. Rainbow Rowell has done a respectable job, to be fair, but BKV's style is hard to reach because he knows the characters all too well.

Maybe the idea is to just say "screw it" and do something with the IP that BKV never would've done.

That's why I think a Doc Justice and the J-Team title will replace the Runaways. They can't just be building up to nothing.
    I agree. I think it's a fair assumption to make that titles that would appeal to younger readers will get a significant amount of digital purchases. And those figures are seldom, if every revealed. They used to have them on the Comixology site but I think that was removed several years ago.

I think we'll see a Doc Justice/J-Team title launch too. Rainbow Rowell is such a talented writer I hope she will be on it. And Doombot is hilarious. I like that she kept the friendship between him and Victor Mancha from Avengers A.I

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bleeding Cool seems to indicate Marvel will start teasing the new Eternals.
    Any idea who could the artist possibly be? It will be hard to replicate Jack Kirby's vision.

Blade Halloween one-shot
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Any idea who could the artist possibly be? It will be hard to replicate Jack Kirby's vision.
    Hard to say. I'm tempted to think they'll have one of their "Big Guns" do the redesigns and first arc and that's about it.

so does this start Friday? lasting the whole weekend?

Coates finally leaves Black Panther. A guy can dream can’t he?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Probably nothing much that generates actual anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    “No Time To Lose” avengers 4 issue mini by Ewing/waid/zub
    I do think that trio will get another series to finish the No trilogy (which would once again involve Voyager and would deal with the new look Olympians), but it'd be longer than 4 issues. Probably 10 again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Wow! If Donny Cates is on Thor I'll cry. I guess my aversion to anything he writes about my favorite characters and IP continues.

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to know more about the new X-Men comic books.
    And news about new comic books of Shang Chi,Scarlet Witch,Vision and Blade for example.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    New York City Comic-Con is coming next week, so I thought I'd make a thread discussing it. What do you hope to see at NYCC?
    A good Namor solo book with a good visionary creative team. He's long overdue for a defining, iconic run.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Since I don't expect the Scarlet Witch to be in any comics any time soon, I hope we get some kind of tease about the stories of WandaVision or Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

There's a connection to the comics because I suspect the publishing side will be more willing to feature some of the MCU characters once they know more about the stories of their Disney+ show. Sam Wilson/Falcon is another example of a character who might not return to the comics until someone tells the publishing side what his streaming show will be about.
    Agreed. As far as the non-comic side, I'm interested in seeing more info on Doctor Strange's movie and the Disney Plus shows. Not so much interest in the Hulu shows ... except maybe Helstrom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

NYCC begins tomorrow! Any more predictions or wants you'd like to get in before it starts?

Seems I got what I wanted a few days before NYCC.

I don't know what they'll announce outside of the usual event.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!