Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which creators do you think/hope will join later Dawn of X titles?

Dawn of X currently has three waves planned. It's confirmed that Vita Ayala and Leah Williams will write for Wave 2 books, though we don't know for sure which ones yet (I expect we might get an answer at NYCC). What creators (writers/artists) do think will join later, or at least hope? What books would you like them to write?

I kinda think Donny Cates will have a new book down the pipeline, because Marvel's trying to push him as their new Bendis by having him everywhere (thankfully it's not as intrusive or as prominent as the Bendis addiction got, not yet anyways). I can see him writing an X-Factor series.

What about you guys? Discuss.

BANNED

Mike Carey on some Brotherhood or Acolytes book. But he's forbidden from writing straight romances at all times.

All-New Member

Rob Liefeld!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Scott Lobdell back on the X-Men might be fun at his Gen X / RHATO best.

And one day, Kieron Gillen will come home from the war.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Scott Lobdell back on the X-Men might be fun at his Gen X / RHATO best.

And one day, Kieron Gillen will come home from the war.
    Would that mean having to leave Red Hood? I think Lobdell would die before he stops writing for Jason Todd.

Me...it would be a dream job.

Okay more in line with possibilties:

Dan Jurgens
    Brad Mezler
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Would that mean having to leave Red Hood? I think Lobdell would die before he stops writing for Jason Todd.
    As far as I know he's not exclusive, and he's been making references to the X-Men since the New 52, so I think he misses it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Chip Zdarsky hinted in his newsletter that he was working on something secret and x-related, but as with a lot of things Zdarsky it wasn't clear where the humor ended and the kernel of truth began, if there even was any truth. I think he could be really good on an x-title, though! He seems to have a real knack for the strange bonds that unite people.

Al Ewing could be cool but I'm not sure if there's room for him and Hickman! Ewing seems to favor dense mythology and crazy ideas as much as Hickman, although so far not on as big a canvas as Hickman has been afforded. They might be best in separate corners of the universe. Ewing writes a great ensemble, though!

On the art side, Russell Dauterman MUST come aboard a flagship x-book! If Hickman launches a second flagship a la his Avengers / New Avengers, Dauterman should be on that from the first issue, and they should make a big deal about it (still wish they'd had him on X-Men #1.) I'd also love to to see Larraz and Silva return to the mix.

As far as I know he's not exclusive, and he's been making references to the X-Men since the New 52, so I think he misses it.
    Yeah, I don't think he's an exclusive writer but he seems pretty content that DC is still giving him work. In particular, he's been writing for Red Hood constantly since 2011 throughout multiple titles and relaunches. That's dedication.

Oh, that's important to mention! Leah Williams and Vita Ayala are confirmed to be writing Wave 2 books, and yeah, Zdarsky has hinted he's coming aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he's an exclusive writer but he seems pretty content that DC is still giving him work. In particular, he's been writing for Red Hood constantly since 2011 throughout multiple titles and relaunches. That's dedication.
    Oh yeah, and I wouldn't take him off of the character, I'd just give him some X-Work as well to go along with it.

Confirmed:
    Vita Ayala
    Leah Williams
    Ed Brisson

Hinted:
    Chip Zdarsky

I want:
    Mike Carey
    Kieron Gillen
    Ta-Nehisi Coates

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Confirmed:
    Vita Ayala
    Leah Williams
    Ed Brisson

Hinted:
    Chip Zdarsky

I want:
    Mike Carey
    Kieron Gillen
    Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Wait, are you referring to New Mutants or does Brisson have another title coming?

What do you see Zdarsky writing?

Wait, are you referring to New Mutants or does Brisson have another title coming?
    Maybe they got it wrong, but:

Hickman said Leah Williams, Brisson, and Vita Ayala would be working on wave 2 books, which they’ll be talking about ‘not long from now.’
    From https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-19-m...g-thing-panel/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Confirmed:
    Vita Ayala
    Leah Williams
    Ed Brisson

Hinted:
    Chip Zdarsky

I want:
    Mike Carey
    Kieron Gillen
    Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Yes to everything but Gillen please. His aborted post AvX plans sounded terrible.

Bring back David Hine for Life at Krakoa anthology book.