Default Anyone read H1 Ignited?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...iverse-1148860

Anyone read the first few issues of Ignited, Omni, or Strangelands?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yeah, I read Ignited and Omni. And while I can applaud the effort, I just couldn't find anyone (character) to relate to or care about, and am not likely to follow these further than issue 3 or so. Seemed professionally written and drawn, but not very individually so. And while the political 'heart' of these is certainly in the right place, it doesn't seem really to be dealt with so far; for titles said to be so grounded in political instance, they don't seem to be dealing with the political nature of things very much. If they were the only superhero team titles around, yeah, okay; but hey, they're not, and they don't really distinguish themselves enough for me--now it should be said I've been reading comics over 50 years, so I'm old, jaded re: superhero teams, and very possibly not the right person to critique these!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet