Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    She is a mutant, being able to transfer her mutation is one of her powers.
    She was never mentioned to be a mutant, not in comics, or in the guidebooks, they generaly say that she developed those powers, how she did it is beyond me though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Didn't Anya just climb the ranks by herself in MC2? I don't remember mentions of other characters helping her...

They really didn't go deep into Anya's backstory in the MC2 and my memory is kinda fussy, but she left the Spider Society at some point, formed a new organization, and later overtook the Society and others. I also think that this was the first time Madame Web was linked with the Society, before that there was never any link between them.

That's where you could change a bit in the screen adaptation. Make Webb a high ranked member of the Society who is -alongside Miguel- the only one who supports her. Considering how Anya wasn't supposed to be the chosen Hunter, you could have Webb as another mentor who knows that there's more to her than the rest of the board knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Regardless, I don't really see how Anya could help with a magical Spider-Verse, but then again, outside of the box thinking can solve that, since they made Kingpin of all people make the Spider-Verse happen in the movie, maybe they'd use the Sisterhood of Wasp to take the roles of the Inheritors, hell, they're both equaly boring, so it's perfect .
    She's the one true heroic character linked to the Spider Society. The SS could easily be the SHIELD of the SUMC; a organization that is on the background and has links to them. And, as I said, Anya is the only heroic character that spawned from that. The organization itself was grey and it clearly always had it's own motives. I also agree that the Sisterhood of the Wasps is the kind of faceless organization that works as a "phase 1" villains

I actually wrote here a bit of how I think a Spider-Man-less universe could work, but it's too late for that.

They have no knowledge of these characters

Madame Web might have worked more as the "Coulson/Fury" figure, popping up to clue everybody in onto the big bad.

From the other thread-

"I don't mind using the Spider people but I don't want a whole universe full of them. So I'm ok with mixing them with the C-listers and using them more sparingly."

Granted them using the multiverse allows them to avoid why no one else is popping up. And Spider-Island could be a good event movie.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-29-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Joan Lee should get some sort of tribute if they do make a Madame Web film. Though like I was saying before, it does seem more likely that whatever this film is would feature more characters and possibly actors who played Peter Parker.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    They really didn't go deep into Anya's backstory in the MC2 and my memory is kinda fussy, but she left the Spider Society at some point, formed a new organization, and later overtook the Society and others. I also think that this was the first time Madame Web was linked with the Society, before that there was never any link between them.
    From what the wiki says, Anya took over the "order of seers" Madame Web was from, but from what I checked in ASG#14, it looks like she just used it as bait for Hobgoblin:

https://i.imgur.com/aotkSTK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/j4OSKuh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dkFqDhb.png

The pages between the second and third one are just exposition about Tarantula, with the only mention of Anya's part being about how she kicked the previous Tarantula's ass, but eventualy died, her death is a lie of course, since Anya is the one talking, but point is, whether she took over that group, or created just to make Hobgoblin go fight Tarantula, it doesn't look like Cassandra has any real connection with Spider Society.

That's where you could change a bit in the screen adaptation. Make Webb a high ranked member of the Society who is -alongside Miguel- the only one who supports her. Considering how Anya wasn't supposed to be the chosen Hunter, you could have Webb as another mentor who knows that there's more to her than the rest of the board knows.
    That could be interesting, specialy since the original comics did little to show what the higher ups are up to, Cassandra being in that position could show things like inner workings, or background story or whatever else, and it could show how Cassandra protects Anya from them too, maybe with an excuse like "We should use a more controllable Hunter."

She's the one true heroic character linked to the Spider Society.
    And considering she wasn't even the one supposed to be a Hunter, it tells you something about how willing they are to have heroes

Unless we count Jessica, Ezekiel was alright too even though he was selfish.

Miguel was decent too, but I think the issue Anya left them implied that Miguel only saved her so the other chick wouldn't become a hunter so she wouldn't risk her life, if that's what happened, it puts him in a dubious position too, since while he did save Anya's life, he kept her around to keep a lie to protect someone else, who was probably more qualified than Anya.

The SS could easily be the SHIELD of the SUMC; a organization that is on the background and has links to them.
    With a name like "Spider-Society" though, it looks like the group deals with specific threats and isn't really connected with the government, which, could work to make them stand out and not be "SHIELD, but from Sony" so much.

And, as I said, Anya is the only heroic character that spawned from that. The organization itself was grey and it clearly always had it's own motives. I also agree that the Sisterhood of the Wasps is the kind of faceless organization that works as a "phase 1" villains
    Sisterhood of Wasp as phase 1 villains would be a headache, they honestly are lame, barely any interesting characters and whatnot, not much on the motivation side too, they're just one dimensional villains.

Only time they were interesting for me was in the Spider-Island tie-in, but them becoming those giant wasp monsters made no sense considering the situation we saw them last time, y'know, as humans, and those monster forms wouldn't work on long term. So yeah, they'd need a lot of creativity to keep the Sisterhood around for a while as a recurring threat that is actualy interesting to watch.

Of course, a movie with lame villains can work, it's how most of MCU works, but thing is, it took people a long time to notice that the villains sucked, and while MCU is mocked for it nowadays, fans don't really care and keep watching, but I keep point out that Sisterhood of Wasp is lame because Sony isn't as beloved and is pretty late in the game, so lame villains could hurt them a lot more than it ever would hurt MCU.

I actually wrote here a bit of how I think a Spider-Man-less universe could work, but it's too late for that.
    Some interesting ideas, although stuff like Flash suddenly replacing Eddie is questionable, it's too much of a big deal to switch so suddenly, Kaine has a similar issue, comic book fans know his story, the general public doesn't, so you can't have him being Peter's clone, who's depressed because his brother died, but Kaine himself also died and is now living somewhere else, having a clone saga happen in the background would make the Kaine movie work like a sequel to a movie that doesn't exist, and that's questionable.

Either way, is Sony really considering to use someone like Jackpot? Come on...

Like, I get what they're doing, can't have too many Spider-People, would look boring, so you need different kinds of characters, but Jackpot? Lol

Anyways, I just had a thought, maybe the Madame Web movie isn't gonna be like we usualy see Cassandra being like, that being old and cripple, so maybe it's her origin story, and then the movie ends with her being old and cripple, to be a supporting character for other movies.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-01-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Spider-woman movie?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...direct-a173220

Also madame web may be there next spin-off film.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/250...moving-forward
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-21-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

To quote Aunt May, "WHAT THE FU-?!"

Cassandra training a newly blind Julia to be the next Madame Web could be pretty cool

Can we maybe don't?

Certain mentor characters only work when they're being mentors.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."