Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Sony to develop a Madame Web solo movie

According to Newsarama which linked to a Collider article. Now this brings back memories of Web in the 90's Spider-Man animated series voiced by none other than Joan Lee, Stan Lee's wife.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

the lady barely in the comics and what about that aunt may movie they were going to make?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

when I watched 90's back in the day I wanted MW so bad
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Who? Who is this marketed towards? Who would want to watch this?

If Sony suits are this stupid, then I don’t have high hopes for the next Sony produced Spidey film actually being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the lady barely in the comics and what about that aunt may movie they were going to make?
    Plot twist: They'll make Aunt May Madame Web.

They could go with the Julia Carpenter version of the character.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

This seems like a stretch. It's going to be interesting to see how far Sony can successfully extend the Spider-Man brand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Plot twist: They'll make Aunt May Madame Web.
    Actually, I thought about that a long time ago. In fact, maybe it could work in the Infinity Warps, merging Aunt May with Madame Web, and Uncle Ben with Ezequiel Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    They could go with the Julia Carpenter version of the character.
    I thought the same thing. Cassandra Webb can't work well as a character incapable of moving out of her life support's system. Then again, the Ultimate Version of Cassandra Webb could work, as she only had "limitations", like Professor Xavier. But even so, Spider-Man and other "Spider-Characters" should appear in this movie.

...Okay Sony, you've lost me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This seems like a stretch. It's going to be interesting to see how far Sony can successfully extend the Spider-Man brand.
    Probably not as well as they are hoping...

Spectacular Member

To quote Aunt May, "WHAT THE FU__"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    According to Newsarama which linked to a Collider article. Now this brings back memories of Web in the 90's Spider-Man animated series voiced by none other than Joan Lee, Stan Lee's wife.

Bit late for April Fool's, isn't it?

Seriously, what the hell is going on over at Sony? Okay, Venom was a fairly decent film (helped in part by Hardy and the relationship between Eddie/symbiotie.) But it's success was helped in part by the fact that audiences weren't clear on whether it had a link to the MCU or not. I still remember friends who aren't massively into comics telling me that, because they heard Tom Holland was on set, that Spider-man was going to show up. I knew different.

But this? They are trying to run before they have even learned to walk. They seriously need to wait and see how Morbius performs first. Because that will be the true test of Sony's "Spider-Verse."

If this is happening for real, wonder if she'll be connected, or even part of the Spider-Society (Assuming that's in the movie too), her lack of connections with them always looked weird to me, her and Ezekiel working together would even make sense.

But still, what the ****? Madam Web's peak popularity was in the 90's cartoon, which, while that cartoon was popular, her presence there was eh.

Then again, the wording there is vague, they only say it's Madam Web, but they never mentioned it's Cassandra, it could be Julia, but even then, being her would be questionable too, she was never popular as a Spider-Woman, and also wasn't as Madam Web.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Sony probably looking to make Madame Web Marvel's flagship woman above Captain Marvel, whose comics arguably didn't elevate her into "flagship status" either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Sony probably looking to make Madame Web Marvel's flagship woman above Captain Marvel, whose comics arguably didn't elevate her into "flagship status" either. lol
    They'll need some talented writters to make either Madam Web relevant in any way, Carol was at least a B-lister who got focus, Cassandra or Julia are firmly C-listers lol.

But hey, if they succeed it'll surprise, everyone, so that would be amusing to see lol.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Where's my Black Cat solo movie