Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this tendency. And DC is by no means alone in this. Going back over the last 30 years or so, I've noticed black man/white woman pairings either (1) not ending well; (2) being very short-lived; or (3) to be soon forgotten as if it never happened. These days, when I see such pairings in comics, I expect one of those three outcomes in fairly short order. Heck, sometimes all three outcomes happen to the same couple.
    Lazy writing paired with conflicting visions behind the scenes are the culprits, most likely. Sometimes people get an idea and are too lazy to build it up properly and believably, and too lazy and uninspired to properly follow through with it. Similar to the case with Val Zod and Power Girl, Supergirl had some black guy in a wheel chair for a boyfriend for all of...like 2 issues. Then the writer got taken off the book--Mike Johnson, I think--suddenly and that black guy just kind of disappeared. I literally think he just disappeared, as if he never even happened. The incoming writer had no interest in pursuing that.

Considering one is Power Girl and the other is Supergirl, I chuckle at the parallels with these situations. Speaking of which, whatever happened to that other black guy Supergirl was with? The one who worked for Cat Grant? I'm pretty sure he just literally disappeared, too, probably without any explanation.

BANNED

The other guy, Ben Rubel, appeared by no reasons in Titans before cancelling, and it appeared recently in one of the latest Supergirl comics, he tried to talk with Supergirl, but Supergirl has another things in mind and doesnīt mind him, that or Supergirlīs using her matters as an excuse to not talk with "her boyfriend" (in her space adventures she had a date with an alien guy, and a male tamaranian kissed her)

BANNED

Iīve been thinking what you said, DC I think it has no iconic/relevant/important black man/white woman relationship, but Marvel yes has a few ones. Carol Danvers and James Rhodes, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage the ones I remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Okay, that all makes sense. Thanks for offering that. I wasn't always following the Earth 2 stuff closely enough to know exactly what went on, but I do know the Power Girl/Val Zod thing totally tanked because of mismanagement, and that was unfortunate.

****''

About Power Girl's butt, I know it's all in good fun, but it's okay to have a really big one, and personally, if I was drawing her, I'd give her one, too. You just don't want things to get too disproportionate, or you might end up having the opposite effect of what you're trying to achieve in giving her a really big butt.

No problem, unlike what many people attempt to claim on this board, Earth 2 was actually a pretty good selling book, and was one of my favorite series until World's End came to play. It was probably one of my biggest introduction to how a writer can take something so good and just mash it to the ground lol.

I guess....

Im sure there a adult movie already in the works with these two.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.