Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this is very unrelated but has sinister been this gay-coded the whole time?? i havent read him since gillens run years ago..
    It varies by writer. Lol

this is very unrelated but has sinister been this gay-coded the whole time?? i havent read him since gillens run years ago..
    Since Gillen’s run, yeah. Especially during Secret Wars, which was also written by Hickman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    No! No, he hasn't... Maybe Xavier altered his memories too.
    hahah very funny. good joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is why I hate the x-books these days. They have no real villains anymore because they keep trying to make everyone grey instead of just bad. Everytime I see them bringing in someone like Mystique, Juggernaut, Sabertooth, and now Sinister it just makes me scream STOP IT!! It has ruined the X-men to me because it jsut makes them look stupid. Mystique should have a kill on sight order at this point, but they keep inviting her in "because Mutant". No. Just No.
    Hickman is doing something different in a good way and I want to see how it plays out. He is breaking the dichotomy of one side heroes and one side villains and instead he is creating classes for the characters on Krakoa I would broadly break into four categories.

1. Those with no morality boundaries and/or see humans as a genetic dead end to eradicate.

2. Those with limited morality boundaries and some or a lot of hostility towards humanity.

3. Those also with flexible ethical boundaries and limited or no anger at humanity.

4. Those with heavy morality boundaries and limited or no anger at humanity

I am sure you can easily fill in characters into the various categories. We saw the divide play out on the station in HoX #4 between some in groups 3 and 4.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

when he referred to himself as "fabulous" i had to set the book down and take some time for myself. to process. that was maybe the most absurd scene of hoxpox to me so far, not entirely in a bad way. and I think thats saying something.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

when he referred to himself as "fabulous" i had to set the book down and take some time for myself. to process. that was maybe the most absurd scene of hoxpox to me so far, not entirely in a bad way. and I think thats saying something.
    In my head he sounds like Tim Curry playing Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    In my head he sounds like Tim Curry playing Frank.
    Right?? Hickman definitely has a thing for camp villains/morally grey outsiders and im not mad about it. It just felt a lot less jarring with Emma...i felt more lazy stereotyping with sinister. at least in this moment

The X-Men would be idiots if they do not already have/will come up with contingency plans for the all of the villains on Krakoa, especially Mystique (one of my faves), Sinister, Apoc and Exodus.

Fantastic Member

A thought occurred to me. Has Kitty ever met Sinister? Have they ever actually interacted?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    A thought occurred to me. Has Kitty ever met Sinister? Have they ever actually interacted?
    Oh wow, I dont think they ever have.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Hickman is doing something different in a good way and I want to see how it plays out. He is breaking the dichotomy of one side heroes and one side villains and instead he is creating classes for the characters on Krakoa I would broadly break into four categories.

1. Those with no morality boundaries and/or see humans as a genetic dead end to eradicate.

2. Those with limited morality boundaries and some or a lot of hostility towards humanity.

3. Those also with flexible ethical boundaries and limited or no anger at humanity.

4. Those with heavy morality boundaries and limited or no anger at humanity

I am sure you can easily fill in characters into the various categories. We saw the divide play out on the station in HoX #4 between some in groups 3 and 4.
    Or, to put it another way, Sebastian Shaw would murder a kitten if there was profit in it whereas Sinister would murder a kitten just to see what would happen. (It goes without saying that he vivisected it first.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The X-Men would be idiots if they do not already have/will come up with contingency plans for the all of the villains on Krakoa, especially Mystique (one of my faves), Sinister, Apoc and Exodus.
    wouldn't matter if they did have a contingency. they are already in check mate. there's clearly something off with X. and Emma Frost has been plotting against them all since that Inhumans mess.