Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Or at least in a relationship and telepathic.

If Grodd ever gets a significant other, Namor will be all over him.
    namor: grodd, eh? that's a very attractive name.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Someone needs to draw Imperius Rex celebrating his nuptials with a blonde gorilla.
    Dr. Zaius?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Dr. Zaius?
    Last edited by master of read; 09-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Technically, I think the android Human Torch was Marvel’s first. But Namor makes a better match-up.

The later versions of the fight are a real problem for Namor due to super-speed and heat vision.

I’ve never read either character’s first appearance, so I can’t comment on those.
    So, it's not quite as cut-and-dry for Marvel's First Superhero as it is for DC's.

Supes gets all the credit at DC because he's on the cover and is the lead story for Action Comics #1, despite Zatara the magician (Zatanna's dad) also debuting in the issue. Plus, Clark's first tale had actually already been crafted 4 years earlier before finally finding a home in AC1.

Similarly, Original Human Torch gets most of the credit at Marvel because he's on the cover and is the lead story, despite Sub-Mariner making his debut in the same issue.

BUT ... Namor's tale actually debuted months earlier than MC1 in the unpublished Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1. Weirdly, Marvel officially counts that unpublished story as Namor's debut.

Basically, if MC1 is the 1st Marvel issue, then MPFW1 is the 0th Marvel issue.

Really, Submariner should be the historical backbone of the entire MU, as he stands in such direct contrast to Superman (the historical backbone of the entire DCU).

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Dr. Zaius?
    BWAHAHA! That made my day, thank you.

Don’t care that he’s an orangutan and not a gabilla
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, it's not quite as cut-and-dry for Marvel's First Superhero as it is for DC's.

Supes gets all the credit at DC because he's on the cover and is the lead story for Action Comics #1, despite Zatara the magician (Zatanna's dad) also debuting in the issue. Plus, Clark's first tale had actually already been crafted 4 years earlier before finally finding a home in AC1.
    Supes gets the credit likely because he was such a massive success. Doctor Occult (also by Siegel and Shuster) debuted at DC in 1935, but was gone by '38.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Supes gets the credit likely because he was such a massive success. Doctor Occult (also by Siegel and Shuster) debuted at DC in 1935, but was gone by '38.
    True enough. The characters before Superman faded while Superman gets credit as the first though he is really the first that is still around to a significant degree. One could say Namor gets credit over the Human Torch because of his success though if we really get technical, as Marvel Comics by name, the FF are considered the first.
    Power with Girl is better.