Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman vs Submariner

The firstborn of DC's and Marvel's superhumans go at it!

Round 1: Original Superman from Action Comics #1 in 1938 vs. Original Submariner from Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly #1 / Marvel Comics #1 in 1939. Only feats from those two stories allowed. Standard Rumbles Settings.

Round 2: same as Round 1, but on the Atlantic shore of Metropolis, with plenty of deep water and open air.

Round 3: Byrne Era (1986-1988) Clark, at his weakest since the Mid- Golden Age vs. the Namor of the same time period. Standard Rumbles settings.

Round 4: same as Round 3, but again at the Atlantic shore of Metropolis.

Round 5 Same as Round 4, except: Fight is at Atlantis.

Which Eldest Superhero wins each round?

Technically, I think the android Human Torch was Marvel’s first. But Namor makes a better match-up.

The later versions of the fight are a real problem for Namor due to super-speed and heat vision.

I’ve never read either character’s first appearance, so I can’t comment on those.

BANNED

Namor just drowns him in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Technically, I think the android Human Torch was Marvel’s first. But Namor makes a better match-up.

The later versions of the fight are a real problem for Namor due to super-speed and heat vision.

I’ve never read either character’s first appearance, so I can’t comment on those.
    I have a reprint of the first Namor story but it's buried somewhere. The first issue featured several stories and I believe the Human Torch story was the first one then the Namor story so we could say the Torch was the first character or that several characters all debuted at once.

I don't remember enough about either story to say for sure who would win.
    Power with Girl is better.

For rounds one and two, take a look at this thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Superman+Namor

BANNED

I wonder....Is early Namor shown to be bulletproof? Diana has a odd vulnerability in this case despite being invulnerable to other damage factors. For that matter was the human torch impervious to bullets and the like when not flaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I wonder....Is early Namor shown to be bulletproof? Diana has a odd vulnerability in this case despite being invulnerable to other damage factors. For that matter was the human torch impervious to bullets and the like when not flaming?
    The original torch was not bullet proof when cold. When hot, the bullets would melt on the way to him. Narration confirms that the melting is the only thing saving him iirc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

1: I think original Submariner can fight original Supes. Manor fought original Human Torch really early in his super hero career, and yeah.

2: Abything latter, Super murders Namor. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    1: I think original Submariner can fight original Supes. Manor fought original Human Torch really early in his super hero career, and yeah.

2: Abything latter, Super murders Namor. Every time.
    I think the first issue versions may be so close that it would be a stalemate. But, within a couple of issues, Superman is running across a room and snagging bullets out of the air and he didn't start to run until after the gun was fired. So, yes, within a couple of more issues, Superman murders Namor.
    Power with Girl is better.

Didn't Submariner have flight right out of the gate in MPFW1/MC1, while Superman famously didn't?

Does Clark already have his superhuman reflexes (not just travel speed) in AC1, and did Namor have any counter to it , if so?

Round 2.5: After a flurry of blows from Silver Age Superman, Namor wakes up to find himself getting married to a gorilla.

BANNED

Namor won't care as long as it's female. He is no speciest.

Someone needs to draw Imperius Rex celebrating his nuptials with a blonde gorilla.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Someone needs to draw Imperius Rex celebrating his nuptials with a blonde gorilla.
    the gorilla has to be married to someone else first in order for namor to be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the gorilla has to be married to someone else first in order for namor to be interested.
    Or at least in a relationship and telepathic.

If Grodd ever gets a significant other, Namor will be all over him.