Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dawn of X: Wishlist Thread

I made a topic regarding creators joining later, and in the past I made a similar topic, but here is a thread about what we want to see out of later Dawn of X books. Such as titles, general stories, ideas and so on.

Here are some books I want to see (I matched each book with what I think would best fit each skillset):
    • Longshot by Saladin Ahmed (I feel he can give the character a boost in public recognition and acclaim, like he did with Black Bolt and Quicksilver)
    • Outsiders by Christopher Cantwell (a book about mutants who, for one reason or another, reject paradise; the most common being their "flatscan" family and friends who still accept them)
    • Pixie by Jamie McKelvie (he said he wanted to do a Pixie series at one point, and with WicDiv done, why not?)
    • X-Women by Gail Simone and Mirka Andolfo (sounds right up their ally)
    • X-Cell by Nick Spencer (a book about heists and hacking, specifically a group of mutants with special intel and spell-like abilities who rob corporations all Ocean's Eleven style)
    • Daytripper by Jim Zub (about Amanda Sefton, and her being on the outs for not being a mutant while her friends and family, such as Nightcrawler, are on Krakoa)
    • Exiles by Seanan McGuire and Minkyu Jung (I want a really good Exiles book; as much I like Ahmed, I felt that was a misfire. These two sound good for it)
    • Academy X by Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka (putting their talents from Runaways to a similar yet different title showcasing the daily lives of Krakoa mutants attending school)
    • X-Factor by Donny Cates (I feel like Cates is going to be somewhere, and this seems like a place he would be; similar in theme to the 2006 investigation series)
    • Alpha Flight by Chip Zdarsky (the premier Canadian creator at Marvel working on the premier Canadian book, seems fitting)

As you can tell, I kinda either want completely new stuff or relatively deep cuts, rather than the same old. More Vol 1 and 2, less Vol 5 and 6. Of course, some things that are classics still have a place, just need to make it fresh. I've also seen the idea of Chris Claremont writing a title, which is fair, but I think Claremont should be given a title that's new and not given access to characters that he's extensively written, so as to challenge him creatively and see what he comes up with.

Outside of that, I would like people who haven't extensively worked with X-titles, so as to keep the ideas fresh. Notice how Hickman himself hadn't written for X-Men before this, and he's the architect. As great as it is to have people who really know it, I feel like variety and new ideas are key.

What do you have in mind? Discuss.

Incredible Member

Declan Shalvey to finally get his wish to do a Banshee book which will include his whole family and explore his relationships with Tom, Theresa and Moira. It might also look at their ties to Irish and Scottish mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Declan Shalvey to finally get his wish to do a Banshee book which will include his whole family and explore his relationships with Tom, Theresa and Moira. It might also look at their ties to Irish and Scottish mythology.
    I would like to see it so Declan can make his dream come true.

I’d like the announced titles to make it past 20 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I want to see more interaction with other non-X mutants.

El Aguila repowered.

Wanda redeemed and a mutant again.

I'd want to give some writers another shot: Mike Carey. Zeb Wells. Tom Taylor.

Would also love to see Coates, Ewing and Rowell on an x-title.

I had a random ass dream that Mike Carey was coming back for Uncanny and that Russell Dauterman was the artist.

I woke up to a disappointing realization lol.

I want Magma and Blink to get some spotlight during this Dawn of X.

Also super random. I want Wind Dancer and Specter repowered and put in a New X-Men/Young X-Men book.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would have a ARCHANGEL solo title. With a great artist and Mike Carey as writer, who will show his full potential as Dark Angel. I would have him work with Charlotte Jones again, because they work well together and have Magma as his partner in crime and Hellion as his kid sidekick. Also use them both to full potential for God-sake. These 3 are shadowy characters between good and bad and I like that. Other cast members could be Doc Cece Reyes in case he need medical support and she could work with him in the field when needed and Cyclops as his adviser.

I would recreate New X-Men, but then with the team act as the new generation of X-Men an no longer being students. Have Kyle and Yost get back to the title thy made great. Have Surge lead the team and as Dust is on the Champions and I am placing Hellion on the Archangel title, replace them both with Indra and Match (So: Surge, Elixir, Mercury, Rockslide, Anole, Match, Indra and X-23).

Finally I would put the missing stars who are not yet on a book (Polaris, Forge, Dazzler, Armor, Hijack, Cuckoos, Frenzy, Blink, Northstar, Firestar) in a title called The Guardians of Krakoa. They are responsible (as the title suggest) to keep Krakoa save. This can be solo stories sometimes, sometimes small squad stories or all of them together. The Five make guest appearances as well. Have DnA be writing this title.

Would you guys buy these titles?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Titles I wanna/think we’re gonna see:

The Five

X-Factor

Generation X (or M, either is fine)

Supernovas

Externals

Imperial Guard

Starjammers

Uncanny X-Men (this one is a big maybe and I don’t know if I even want it to called Uncanny after Rosenberg’s run)

I want to see the following characters appear in some sort of capacity (a cameo is even acceptable for some of the more obscure ones):

• Arclight
    • Autumn Rolfson
    • Avalanche
    • Briquette
    • Hurricane
    • Kleinstock Bros.
    • Lifeforce
    • Northstar
    • Phantazia
    • Prism
    • Ruckus
    • Savage Land Mutates
    • Siena Blaze
    • Spiral
    • Thumbelina
    • Vertigo
    • Zaladane

A series of short stories about the mutants on Krakoa. Maybe 3 stories in 1 issue. Some stories can go beyond 1 issue to maybe 2 or 3 if the story warrants it.

Lots of potential since bad guys are walking about. I wanna see Apocalypse talking to Krakoa when all of a s udden archangel comfronts him in 1 story.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-27-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Titles I wanna/think we’re gonna see:

The Five

X-Factor

Generation X (or M, either is fine)

Supernovas

Externals

Imperial Guard

Starjammers

Uncanny X-Men (this one is a big maybe and I don’t know if I even want it to called Uncanny after Rosenberg’s run)
    I think rumoured Uncanny X-Men as 12 issue weekly event from Zdarsky would be good. Hopefully it will wash away Rosenberg’s crap.

Astonishing Member

Snikt-tacular adventures of honeybadger

Some ideas within the Krakoan Nation premise:

1. Cyclops leading the Mutant Liberation Front alongside MLF OGs like Thumbelina, Strobe, Forearm, Wildside, Reaper and Tempo. He would learn that the MLF is basically a militant Scooby Gang. Thumb is Velma, Stobe is Daphne, Forearm is Fred, Reaper is Shaggy and Wildside is Scooby. Tempo never belonged in the first place.

2. Callisto setting up a Krakoan Habitat on Mars and not getting the help she needs. She has to deal with revived Morlock tensions as they are forced to live and work alongside revived Marauders. Some Morlocks actually kill a revived Marauder, and Callisto has to cover it up when Beast's intel team comes calling. Marauders shouldn't get a second chance at life.

3. Some New Academy X-Men kids rumspringa off Krakoa using stolen flowers. They get stuck and cause an international incident for violating customs laws. An extraction plan goes awry, leading to a courtroom battle and a militant standoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think rumoured Uncanny X-Men as 12 issue weekly event from Zdarsky would be good. Hopefully it will wash away Rosenberg’s crap.
    Part of me thinks that X-Men is all we’re getting when it comes to titles with the word “X-Men” in it.

Also, I was skimming through the solicits last month or few months ago and I saw “Uncanny X” while scrolling and a shiver went down my spine while I thought “no, we defeated you, you’re done!” before realizing that it was the facsimile edition for the first appearance of Gambit.