Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Wacky Collection Stories....

Some of us were born to collect. Some of us were born to stack needless crap or junk and sit , eyeing it like its our grand gift to society. For our children shall inherit our Empire. Our EMPIRE OF DIRT as Johnny Cash sang in cover of "Hurt". Or as Fred G. Sanford told his son Lamont.

"One day this empire....the Sanford empire will all be yours son."

Of course Lamont would proclaim sarcastically how this was an empire of junk. So he wasn't excited at the thought of somehow gaining that inheritance. But that is the life of us COLLECTORS. We think our empires shall PASS ON to the next generation. Ok some of us think that.

Ok...being more serious as a whole....or as serious as I can be given how insane I can be at times....

-

- Many , many years ago in a galaxy far , far away I worked in fast food. As part of the Empire I worked for this fast food chain. As a simple worker there me and the others would joke around in the back. It was a common deal and I had just started a few weeks ago when I heard a conversation about some one returning a DVD or VHS to another guy.

This one dude I'll call Matt (I have long forgotten his real name...been YEARS) was joking about how he borrowed the other guys dirty tape awhile back and hadn't returned it yet. I could see the look on this dudes face he had borrowed it from that he was NOT HAPPY at all that his DVD or VHS tape was not returned yet.

I saw him stomp to the front as Matt laughed and went , "That dude has a huge collection of dirty tapes etc." For Matt it was about making the other guy get ticked off over it. Which seemed to be his main motivation then , all those years ago. No idea if Matt ever returned that dirty tape or not. I left there soon after.

A few years after that , I was helping a buddy move some things into an apartment type place. As we relaxed on the small front deck , drinking some cold ones an old man waved at us. He came over to introduce himself and was a friendly , nice old guy. The old man lived on that street for years and we walked over soon to his place and garage.

In his garage was a massive stack of state license plates on the walls , in boxes and more. The old man told us he collected every state and year tag wise of these plates. That he had spent 20+ years going to flea markets , antique stores and more to get these tags. His main goal was to get EVERY year of a tag he could of all the states.

He joked how his wife thought it was junk. But to him it was his collection. That he loved doing this. We gave him props for it and thanked him for the talk and other drinks he gave us at his place. My buddy eventually moved a couple years later. No idea whatever happened to the old guy and his collection.

So... any collection stories out there ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don’t collect… but still I feel invaded by things… For each item I possess, it’s a bit of my space that is lost.

So I feel very good once I throw/give. For a while…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Had a good size MAD magazine collection as a teenager. Had a complete run of 1973-1980. Plus Australian, British, German and Brazilian issues.

The owner of a comic back issue store told me he had a guy who was after comics with characters playing GOLF on them. The guy moved on years ago. Wish I'd known, I coulda brought back some golfing mangas from my Japan visits...