Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mighty Member

Not in real life, but an old comic strip "Little Joe" by Harold Gray (Orphan Annie) cousins Ed and Robert Leffengwell. Little Joe's mother catches him reading a crime comic and whails the tar out of him. But when a violent crime show comes on the radio, she not only lets him listen to it, she listens to it to! Reading this example of double standard made me laugh when I read it online.

That's the urban legend. The truth is a bit more mundane: at the time, the film and TV rights for the Human Torch were held by another film company for a HUMAN TORCH movie that never materialized.
    Think it was universal. It was a live action show with torch as a bike stunt driver! Pilot was filmed according to wizard but never aired. We never got the daredevil pilot from the hulk spin-off also even thought it was made.

To this day both pilots are lost media.

They couldn't use torch in the 70s cartoon due to rights so cashed in on star wars and made a robot to replace him.

Ultimate Member

Another Law and Order:SVU one...watching reruns on my local Ion station, the episode had to do with a female gamer. The bad guys doxed her and posted her vandalized photo with the word "slut" underneath. The s-word was pixelated/blurred out.