Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

I love happy endings. But I hate Fight Club memes, and I imagine this ripped open the edgelord/beta machismo portal to unleash more upon the internet.

In another article I read about this, they mentioned that Bohemian Rhapsody was released there, but without any mention of Freddie being bi/gay and having AIDS. So, was it a one hour movie?

Invincible Member

I was watching Law and Order:SUV reruns yesterday and one episode had some guys rob a family restaurant and assault one of the women there. There's a medium shot where one of the bad guys is threatening a woman and he's got his gun in her face. You can clearly see the gun. When he touches the gun to her cheek for like 2 seconds, the gun is blurred. But when he moves it back a couple of inches, the gun image is clear again.
    Last edited by ed2962; 07-18-2022 at 12:52 PM.

In the Waterboy movie there is a point where the kicker, who is black, is visualizing the football as the head of a Ku Klux Klan member before kicking it. On TV, that is always edited out. Why?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In the Waterboy movie there is a point where the kicker, who is black, is visualizing the football as the head of a Ku Klux Klan member before kicking it. On TV, that is always edited out. Why?
    When he kicks the ball, does it still look like the Klan member's head? If so, maybe violence reasons?

Any time someone yells "Forget you!" when it's obviously a dub for a different word.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    When he kicks the ball, does it still look like the Klan member's head? If so, maybe violence reasons?
    Nope. Its just a football. You never see the KKK head, so the whole "visualize" thing makes no sense.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

"You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!"

"I've had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday-to-Friday plane!"

"My name is Buck, and I'm here to party."

Mighty Member

Slenderman movie. The Ad featured a girl stabbing herself in the eye with a pen. When the film finally came out that scene wasn't in it. They didn't want a horror movie to have anything horrifying in it...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Slenderman movie. The Ad featured a girl stabbing herself in the eye with a pen. When the film finally came out that scene wasn't in it. They didn't want a horror movie to have anything horrifying in it...
    I've seen the movie. They fully succeeded in not having anything horrifying in it.

Invincible Member

Another LaO:SUV one...The reruns routinely edit out slurs that originally aired prime time. One particular episode, they left in the D-word for Italians. I'm wondering did someone just miss it, or did they leave it cuz they thought it's not as harsh as the W-Word? ( same episode edited out the F-word for gay people)

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

bumping this to avoid double threads

Mighty Member

(ugh, I've started two threads. Sorry!)

The censorship of Major from Fawlty towers ('no, Indians are wogs, those are...") We can't joke about embarrassing, out of touch old racists?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Possibly because Tootsie went out of its way to show Hoffman's character as straight.
    Most likely. Milton Berle did it constantly during the '50s and nobody batted an eye, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?