Default Batman/Superman #2

Pretty good issue overall. Amazing art. It’s always fun to see Superman and Shazam throw down. Liked how Shazam preyed on Supes’ good nature by changing back into Billy. The classic exorcist or body snatched moment where the evil entity pretends to be the host to trick the people fighting it. I felt that Superman’s characterization was way better here than in the first issue. He wasn’t portrayed like the over the top naive farmboy. He told Batman to shove his lecturing and utilized his investigative journalist skills to figure out the twist. But his little gambit seems way too risky even with Batman keeping watch.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-25-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Loved it. Two issues in and this is becoming one of my fave titles. Didn't expect that at all.

And Marquez is KILLING it on the art. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Loved it. Two issues in and this is becoming one of my fave titles. Didn't expect that at all.

And Marquez is KILLING it on the art. Just beautiful.

He's so talented, my God. I read Defenders from Bendis purely because of Marquez's art. I've been crying over at the Wonder Woman forums for an artist like Marquez to become the main artist there since he's apparently exclusive with DC but has done very little other than this book.

I'm loving this book so far. I honestly think Gordon is already infected since they're refusing to let us see his eyes through his glasses.

It's also been really good since I didn't know the ending to this issue. Still so weird that DC put the reveal of Billy in the previews for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    He's so talented, my God. I read Defenders from Bendis purely because of Marquez's art. I've been crying over at the Wonder Woman forums for an artist like Marquez to become the main artist there since he's apparently exclusive with DC but has done very little other than this book.

I'm loving this book so far. I honestly think Gordon is already infected since they're refusing to let us see his eyes through his glasses.

It's also been really good since I didn't know the ending to this issue. Still so weird that DC put the reveal of Billy in the previews for this book.
    Gordon was shown to be infected in the Batman Who Laughs mini. I'm wondering who he was talking to in this issue. Seems like the ending may be a swerve? I dunno.

And Marquez would be perfect for Wonder Woman.

Spectacular Member

If The Batman Who Laughs was locked up under the Hall Of Justice then who was it that let Gordon into the armory. Especially since it seemed to take place while Batman and Superman were battling The Shazam Who Laughs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    If The Batman Who Laughs was locked up under the Hall Of Justice then who was it that let Gordon into the armory. Especially since it seemed to take place while Batman and Superman were battling The Shazam Who Laughs.
    Could be any of them, although we at least saw Supergirl non-Infected flying around in this issue.

I definitely sense a swerve coming.

I thought this was solid enough. Although I'm beginning to abjectly dread more "Who Laughs" storylines now that I've seen the December solicits. I'm keeping it in check though by remembering it's clearly just some typical evil-dark-infection storyline and ignoring the fact they're trying to push it as capital-h Hype.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

A solid one issue, Especially love this scan
    Batman-Superman 002-017.jpg
    This should be what Supes always able to do, He is a journlist and have a brain with super-intelligence.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    A solid one issue, Especially love this scan
    Batman-Superman 002-017.jpg
    This should be what Supes always able to do, He is a journlist and have a brain with super-intelligence.
    There's a thread over at the Superman forums, and people were discussing why DC has decided to make Clark a bumbling idiot around Bruce, but then I read this and I'm like, "Joshua Williamson gets it, man." He's not some super genius, but he's smart enough to make Bruce comfortable with bouncing ideas off him.

I really wish DC had done a better job of hiding the identities of the Secret Six. The revealing of their identity is kinda a huge part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really wish DC had done a better job of hiding the identities of the Secret Six. The revealing of their identity is kinda a huge part of the story.
    Right? What was even the point of trying to hype up the identities of the Infected if they were going to just reveal them all before the first issue was even out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right? What was even the point of trying to hype up the identities of the Infected if they were going to just reveal them all before the first issue was even out?
    Well, at least the teaser wasn't that obvious about it...

But solicits being what they are, the identities were going to get spoiled anyways so they probably thought it prudent to get ahead of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least the teaser wasn't that obvious about it...

But solicits being what they are, the identities were going to get spoiled anyways so they probably thought it prudent to get ahead of it.
    There’s ways of keeping things secret even with the solits. Just have a really vague description of the book and don’t show the cover.

The art is soooo much better than the story its telling.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The art is soooo much better than the story its telling.
    Marquez knows what's that like. He drew Civil War II .