Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Wow seriously, i guest that they found a way to make us buy even more tickets just for the bizarre idea. Assuming than thatt rumor is true anyway
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Eh, I’ll believe it when I see it. For all we know he’ll be in it for a few scenes as the MCU’s Otto (and not Doc Ock) and that’s it for now.

Sony/Marvel needs to reach out to Nicholas Hammond. There's no excuse. Nick can play the 1970s Spidey who is overwhelmed at all of the clearly fantastic-level shenanigans going on, since "his" world was much more grounded, and had no super-humans, except (theoretically) Reb Brown's Captain America Peter Hooten's Doc Strange and Lou Ferrigno's Hulk. He would be an even better candidate than Tobey Maguire to play off the "Peter B Parker" of the cartoon Spider-Verse. He's clearly in his 60s, he's presumably seen his share of action, and wants to just comfortably retire.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Let me guess...Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane is going to get kidnapped by the villain of the story
    And Tobey will cry (I hope).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Let me guess...Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane is going to get kidnapped by the villain of the story
    if it aint broke
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Are we assuming these are more significant than possibly just glimpses into the different Spider-Man continuities Strange shows Peter and have virtually nothing to do with the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we assuming these are more significant than possibly just glimpses into the different Spider-Man continuities Strange shows Peter and have virtually nothing to do with the plot?
    It would seem odd to do a full Spider-Verse film now, especially given the narrative for Peter after Far From Home.

The movie's expected to come out in a year so it would be weird to announce co-leads now.

The Flash movie is expected to come out in Summer 2022, and the big casting announcements about Batman (Affleck's back! So's Keaton!) were made months ago.

My guess is they're seeding a Spider-Verse for the fourth Tom Holland movie, where Garfield, Dunst, Maguire and Stone will have bigger roles. It does make a lot of sense to provide a more satisfying conclusion to those films, as a way to increase the rewatch value of major parts of Sony's catalogue.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 12-08-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

This could either be a great thing that ties all of the films together for an epic finale... or a hot mess. I'm leaning towards hot mess.

I'd like to see Dunst's MJ kick ass to make up for all of that damseling. If 616 MJ can pack a gun so can Dunst's MJ, and frankly she should at this point.

Will Emma Stone play Spider-Gwen? Will Andrew Garfield's Spider-man finally meet Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane??

Now that I think about it, I think we would've heard about an original villain by now before they cast Foxx and Molina if they were just cameos and not major villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Will Emma Stone play Spider-Gwen? Will Andrew Garfield's Spider-man finally meet Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane??
    The floodates that would open...

Astonishing Member

Please, please, please have Andrew Garfield play High School Teacher JMS Spider-Man...

Mighty Member

If this is true, I would expect them to pick up where TASM2 left off. Andrew is a mess because he lost the love of his life and has completely devoted himself to Spider-man. And Emma Stone comes back somehow and convinces him to move on.

Raimi's Peter I could see being married to Mary Jane. Maybe working as a teacher ala the JMS era or with a kid or two like MC2/RYV.

BANNED

Anyway, this is a year or so away at least.

Mighty Member

It's a post credit scene with Tony and Andrew sitting down in a small Room eating a cake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    If this is true, I would expect them to pick up where TASM2 left off. Andrew is a mess because he lost the love of his life and has completely devoted himself to Spider-man. And Emma Stone comes back somehow and convinces him to move on.

Raimi's Peter I could see being married to Mary Jane. Maybe working as a teacher ala the JMS era or with a kid or two like MC2/RYV.
    Andrew looks too old now to play a college-aged Spider-Man. They will probably skip to him being an adult like they were at one point considering for TASM3.

Extraordinary Member

At this point, Tom Holland is Shameik Moore, Andrew Garfield is Chris Pine and Tobey Macguire is Jake Johnson