Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Do we know if the returning/possibly returning actors are playing their original characters as a crossover, or just playing new roles but their casting being in honor of their past work (like how the recent Flash TV show had actors from the original show come back in special guest roles)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we know if the returning/possibly returning actors are playing their original characters as a crossover, or just playing new roles but their casting being in honor of their past work (like how the recent Flash TV show had actors from the original show come back in special guest roles)?
    I know most people are assuming the former...and it obviously seems true for the villains.

We don't quite know how they're working the villains in so that might play into other returning stars.

Meanwhile Tom Holland is standing there as the third wheel in his own movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know most people are assuming the former...and it obviously seems true for the villains.

We don't quite know how they're working the villains in so that might play into other returning stars.

Meanwhile Tom Holland is standing there as the third wheel in his own movie...
    That's nothing new for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Sounds like a hot mess in the making.

Whatever it is, Tom Holland is finished as Spider-Man.
    They turned his third movie as a reunion tour to tie up loose ends. If I were Holland, I'd fire my agent or whatever, lol.
    Your even a tougher critic than I am. Anyway I have this thing with Holland that I cannot yet put my fingers on when it concerns him as Spiderman. It's like MCU does not take him seriously at all or know anything about Spiderman the icon.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-09-2020 at 06:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Your even a tougher critic than I am.
    Damn straight.

Anyway I have this thing with Holland that I cannot yet put my fingers on when it concerns him as Spiderman. It's like MCU does not take him seriously at all or know anything about Spiderman the icon.
    MCU Holland Spider-Man is the embodiment of the MCU fandom, and so that's why he trails "Mr. Stark". He's not Spider-Man the character, he's Spider-Man the mascot. That's how they treat him.

You know that thing in sports movies where you have the locker-room simpleton whose head you rub for luck...that's who Spider-Man is in the MCU.

Sounds like a hot mess in the making.

Whatever it is, Tom Holland is finished as Spider-Man. They turned his third movie as a reunion tour to tie up loose ends. If I were Holland, I'd fire my agent or whatever, lol.
    You don't fire the agent who got you a role in the biggest movie franchise of the 21st Century. If Holland did that, he'd be labeled the biggest ingrate in all of Hollywood and no agent would want to work with him.

A protagonist is not the only person in a movie.

As for being finished as Spider-Man, let's do something crazy and wait til after the movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You don't fire the agent who got you a role in the biggest movie franchise of the 21st Century. If Holland did that, he'd be labeled the biggest ingrate in all of Hollywood and no agent would want to work with him.

A protagonist is not the only person in a movie.

As for being finished as Spider-Man, let's do something crazy and wait til after the movie comes out.
    patience isnt a word around here
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Damn straight.

MCU Holland Spider-Man is the embodiment of the MCU fandom, and so that's why he trails "Mr. Stark". He's not Spider-Man the character, he's Spider-Man the mascot. That's how they treat him.

You know that thing in sports movies where you have the locker-room simpleton whose head you rub for luck...that's who Spider-Man is in the MCU.
    Honestly the way I kind of read the MCU Spider-Man is that in a lot of ways it feels like an overcorrection on Disney's part to the backlash that the Amazing Films got. Where now they're incredibly paranoid to do just a Peter Parker movie so now everything in his universe is too reactionary to the big tentpole Avengers movies.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Meh the whole point of Spider-Man in the MCU was to have him go ham with crossovers. Spidey will eventually go back to Sony and I'm sure they'll reboot Peter again in the future. Might as well go ham with MCU crossovers till then

i really wish i was here during the amazing spiderman film days just to see if it was heavily as criticize and torn down as this one

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i really wish i was here during the amazing spiderman film days just to see if it was heavily as criticize and torn down as this one
    The first TASM movie was well recieved relatively speaking. People thought it was better than Spider-Man 3 and a return to form.

The sequel was when people turned against it sharply and that backlash went back to the first movie and the entire project as a whole.

nows theres a rumor that Charlie Cox will be in this film too? honestly that will be perfect if true.

The first TASM movie was well recieved relatively speaking. People thought it was better than Spider-Man 3 and a return to form.

The sequel was when people turned against it sharply and that backlash went back to the first movie and the entire project as a whole.
    i meant here in this forum not public

this movie apparently becoming a nostalgia parade for nerds like me who like some movies from 15 years ago is revolting but cox is actually a nice addition
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate