Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I heard rumors about the third Spider-Man's movie will actually involve Spidey's origins, but with a twist. Considering the rumours involving Jessica Drew, maybe the twist will be something about the spider that gave his power to Spidey will actually be part of a project involving OTHER Spider-Characters in Marvel. Like the Spider-Women (Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter), Ezekiel Sims, Madame Web and Anya Corazon. What do you think?
    Do you have any source for those rumors?

Sony would obviously like the ability to bring in other characters, providing origins for Silk, Miles Morales, Anya Corazon, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you have any source for those rumors?

Sony would obviously like the ability to bring in other characters, providing origins for Silk, Miles Morales, Anya Corazon, etc.
    It was quite time ago and I don't remember exactly where I read them. I think it was somewhere on Newsarama, where it mentioned it from a Twitter. But I just can't remember it for sure.

But either way, I believe connecting all the spiders together would be really interesting. Although, obviously, Spider-Man would be the best of all.

It'll start filming in July. Not exactly a shocker, but Zendaya and Tom Holland are back.

https://collider.com/tom-holland-spi...-filming-date/

It's a bit odd that Sony has probably known the identity of the bad guy and the casting decision for some time, and we've heard no peep of it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It'll start filming in July. Not exactly a shocker, but Zendaya and Tom Holland are back.

With COVID-19 being what it is, I think that production date might be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    With COVID-19 being what it is, I think that production date might be delayed.
    Whatever keeps the cast and crew the safest.

Spectacular Member

I appear to be in the vast minority on these boards, but I am very excited to see what Watts and co. have cooked up for the third installment. I really enjoy the first two films and I am hoping that this becomes the first Spider-Man trilogy to have a satisfying conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I heard rumors about the third Spider-Man's movie will actually involve Spidey's origins, but with a twist. Considering the rumours involving Jessica Drew, maybe the twist will be something about the spider that gave his power to Spidey will actually be part of a project involving OTHER Spider-Characters in Marvel. Like the Spider-Women (Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter), Ezekiel Sims, Madame Web and Anya Corazon. What do you think?
    The twist will be its Miles' origins and he thinks Peter is the bad guy of the movie only for them to team up and Peter dies in the end thus ending his trilogy and Miles begins his lol.

nice to hear that it will still happen. Just hope it's fun overall. And I hope that the "cliffhanger" isn't resolved in the first five minutes.

This is not surprising news, but the British Film Institute announces that production has halted thanks to COVID-19.

https://www.cbr.com/sonys-spider-man...ayed-covid-19/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

...Well, I like Olivia Wilde.

She basically confirmed it on her Twitter when she posted a Spider emoji.

My thinking is...how exactly are they going to do this? Jessica Drew's story is so wrapped up in the Avengers, Hydra, SHIELD, the High Evolutionary, and more that are in the MCU that I just don't see the most feasible option for Sony. I guess they could merge her origin with Julia's or even Maddie's, but that seems like a waste to me.

I haven't seen Booksmart, but I've heard good things so I might check that out to get a sense of Wilde's directing style.

I wonder if they'll go for an Ultimate Jessica Drew origin.

(That might be really weird for an audience.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if they'll go for an Ultimate Jessica Drew origin.

(That might be really weird for an audience.)
    If that's the case, then it'd be a really weird introduction to the character and truncates crossover with the comics. The average moviegoer could go: "Oh yeah, I've seen Spider-Woman: isn't she Peter Parker's clone?" when, at least in 616, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

There's heavy speculation that it will get the same deal as Spider-Man has and Jess will move freely between MCU and SMUC.

So it's likely we'll see Hydra and the like, and the eventual encounter with Carol.