Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Hope they manage to restore Peter’s secret identity somehow as well as make Jameson into an actual character rather than an Alex Jones parody. Also the news of the Madame Web movie makes me hope for some kind of adventure across different dimensions with the other actors who played Peter Parker.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know Peter debuted as a character in the real world first, but was this ever the case in-universe?
    That was the case back then too, since the comics were following real time, so Spidey came before Tony.

Avengers#3 even has Tony contacting other heroes to try to find the Hulk, and it reads a lot like the other characters were dismissing a newbie who they don't want to waste their time with, Spidey included.

But maybe that was retconned, silly if so, but even if they did, shouldn't be more than a few months, which wouldn't put Spidey that far behind in super heroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That was the case back then too, since the comics were following real time, so Spidey came before Tony.

Avengers#3 even has Tony contacting other heroes to try to find the Hulk, and it reads a lot like the other characters were dismissing a newbie who they don't want to waste their time with, Spidey included.

But maybe that was retconned, silly if so, but even if they did, shouldn't be more than a few months, which wouldn't put Spidey that far behind in super heroing.
    I think Learning to Crawl also had Peter commenting on all the other heroes starting to crawl out of the woodworks after him like Iron Man and Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Learning to Crawl also had Peter commenting on all the other heroes starting to crawl out of the woodworks after him like Iron Man and Thor.
    "Hey, I'm Spider-Man, Remember? I was sticking to walls when you were still looking for a clubhouse."
    -- Avengers #235, dialogue by Roger Stern

Astonishing Member

Well, thank Godness they have recovered common sense! After the big imprint Spider-Man made on the MCU, removing him just like that would have been a stupidity. They risked to lose quite millions with that. With a third movie, and potential guest appearances in the new Generation of Avengers, they can assure lots of fans of the MCU will keep giving them money. Spidey has definitely became Iron Man's replacement as "Marvel's heart" in their movies.

Long ago, before we had "Far from Home", I also had the idea of making several versions of the Sinister 6, combining Spider-Man's foes who share a topic. The Elementals was one of those: Sandman (Earth), Molten Man (Fire), Hydro Man (Water) and Cyclone (Air). However, instead of Mysterio, I thought the leader would be Electro, as the Fifth "Element".

So, maybe now we should think what other villains could form a version of the "Sinister 6" according to its topic.
    + Kraven the Hunter dresses as a lion, so he could lead a "pack" of animal theme's villains. The members would be Vulture (although it was already used), Lizard (or Iguana), Rhino (obviously), maybe Grizzly (although it doesn't come from Africa) and someone else.
    + The Spider Slayers: A team similar to the Army of Insects created by Alystair Smythe to kill Jameson and his beloved ones. We would have a Smythe as the Spider-Slayer, the Scorpion (clearly), someone as the Beetle, a villain Tarantula and the Human Fly. Maybe Swarm too.
    + The Monsters: A Goblin (there are a lot of them), a werewolf (the Lobo Brothers instead of Man-Wolf), a "Vampire" (Morbius or Tombstone), a zombie (Carrion), a mummy (the Jackal in its Egyptian attire, not the beast form) and a "Black Lagoon Creature" (the Squid). To make it more creepy, maybe it could be combined with symbiotes, like Carnage, Scream and the other Foundation for Life.

Well, what do you think?
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-29-2019 at 05:41 PM.

This might be the most trollish headline for Spider-Man sequel speculation I've ever seen: Spider-Man's Last MCU Movie Should Be One More Day

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...-one-more-day/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This might be the most trollish headline for Spider-Man sequel speculation I've ever seen: Spider-Man's Last MCU Movie Should Be One More Day

That's the most creative clickbait I've ever seen, kudos to the guy .

I don’t know where anyone is even getting the information that they are sunsetting Spider-Man as a character in the MCU, aside from their own speculation. I mean, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have said that was their intention at the outset. After all, that would’ve given fans what they wanted, but made it clear to everyone that this was it, so as to avoid any future problem. Indeed, the only trade that has made any statement about what this new deal means is Deadline, who said that they were looking at bringing the Sonyverse and the MCU together in one “shared detail universe” where each franchise can reference the other.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Why would anyone think that’s a good idea? OMD sucked and a movie about it would be boring.
    Last edited by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE; 10-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.

A big question is the extent to which they'll tie up loose ends.

They could end with some kind of cliffhanger again, which puts them in an awkward spot if the deal isn't renewed.

They could have some kind of permanent break at the end of the next Spider-Man, with some kind of reason for Peter to go to a different universe.

It could be some kind of middle solution, so that the main story is resolved, so that Spider-Man will be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, without referencing any of the characters (and vice versa.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I hope the movie films next year. people can't look like high school seniors forever.

Tom Holland recalls his drunken phone call with Bob Iger, arguably the most important man in Hollywood.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I actually do think that something like that might happen. It will be Strange rather than Mephisto but basically the memory of everyone of Spider-Man's identity will be erased. So that means Ned Leeds won't know, Aunt May won't know, Happy won't know, none of the other Avengers except Strange. Maybe MJ won't know either who knows.

That way when they do a college Spider-Man, they can reset with a status-quo where all the toys are back in the box, and you can introduce Harry Osborn, Gwen or whoever-the-hell in a kind of "back to basics" move.

Astonishing Member

I heard rumors about the third Spider-Man's movie will actually involve Spidey's origins, but with a twist. Considering the rumours involving Jessica Drew, maybe the twist will be something about the spider that gave his power to Spidey will actually be part of a project involving OTHER Spider-Characters in Marvel. Like the Spider-Women (Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter), Ezekiel Sims, Madame Web and Anya Corazon. What do you think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I heard rumors about the third Spider-Man's movie will actually involve Spidey's origins, but with a twist. Considering the rumours involving Jessica Drew, maybe the twist will be something about the spider that gave his power to Spidey will actually be part of a project involving OTHER Spider-Characters in Marvel. Like the Spider-Women (Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter), Ezekiel Sims, Madame Web and Anya Corazon. What do you think?
    It's possible. I doubt it though.

Introducing other Spider-Characters seems more germane to the ITSV story, whereas MCU is supposed to Peter Parker Spider-Man's story.

I do think the next movie will touch on Spider-Man's origins in some way on the other hand but whether it's to set up specifically other characters having Spider-Powers I doubt it.