Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Sony, Marvel Make Up: Companies Will Produce Third ‘Spider-Man’ Film

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/

Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.

Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Amazing Member

Spider-Man: Home Improvement

Just started audibly moaning Stark-sama~
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Whatever my opinion of MCU Spidey, for consistency purposes it's good to see that Marvel Studios will get to at least complete a trilogy with him.

Now give me Kraven or bust .

Astonishing Member

Happy days despite faults in both sides.

JAMESON: The Art of The Deal
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just saw that. Assuming it's true, it's a relief to see that the trilogy will get to be finished after all.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

*Holds up Placard*
    The End Is Near

Hopefully only one more movie to smooth over the transition to Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    It says Spidey will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. If we can't get Spider-Man on-screen with the Fantastic Four, what was the point of any of this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I question who that's supposed to be hopeful for.
    But whatever he's back, I knew they couldn't leave it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It says Spidey will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. If we can't get Spider-Man on-screen with the Fantastic Four, what was the point of any of this?
    Sell cool, Iron Man-esque, toys ?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Doctor Strange 2 cameo basically confirmed then, nice. (Another reason to keep Spidey around, I love the chemistry between those too.) Watch them use DS2 to establish the Venomverse as a solid place and then boot Peter over there in his third film.

Whilst some people think this suggests Marvel and Disney have blinked, I do wonder if this has more to do with Sony being concerned about the likely failure of Morbius next year and it doing to the Venomverse what The Mummy did to the short lived Dark Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spidey on-screen with the FF was never the point - Disney didn't even have FF when the first deal was struck.
    Also Spider-Man interacting with the FF has never been interesting to me. They just feel odd to see together.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 cameo basically confirmed then, nice. (Another reason to keep Spidey around, I love the chemistry between those too.) Watch them use DS2 to establish the Venomverse as a solid place and then boot Peter over there in his third film.

Whilst some people think this suggests Marvel and Disney have blinked, I do wonder if this has more to do with Sony being concerned about the likely failure of Morbius next year and it doing to the Venomverse what The Mummy did to the short lived Dark Universe.
    Why do we assume Morbius will bomb? Why do we assume Sony thinks Morbius might bomb?