Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Odd?
    FF are the first heroes Spider-Man interacted with, he's basically the honorary 5th member of the FF, and officially the fifth In some runs.
    Spider-Man always worked better with the X-Men. The F4 always came across as a random pairing just to boost Spidey's rep when it was beginning.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spider-Man gets to suck Tony Stark's peen one last time, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    blame marvel for making hits out of negative brand recognition ips
    Too bad hardly anyone can replicate that success...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    For real. I was actually down for that Wakandan Kraven rumor so to the very least i'm down for this third movie.
    Kraven's like the only super major Lee/Ditko villain they haven't done in a movie yet. I think the real success for the MCU Spider-Man has been updating the Rogues Gallery more then it has Spider-Man, so I'm eager to see how they might tackle Kraven.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Spider-Man always worked better with the X-Men. The F4 always came across as a random pairing just to boost Spidey's rep when it was beginning.
    He has the longest history with the FF then he does with any other team. Johnny was his main Superhero pal/rival growing up and he relates to Reed as a scientist.

Comic-wise, the only X-Man he's really close to is Wolverine and occasionally Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, that's just a personal opinion then. Spider-Man and the FF are thick as butter: Johnny Storm is his superhero best friend, he's joined the team/been paired up with them several times, they were his first superfriends, and he even fought their enemy, Dr. Doom, as his first outside villain. If you're saying you prefer him with the X-Men, then that's fine. But he's far more than just a random pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yeah, that's just a personal opinion then. Spider-Man and the FF are thick as butter: Johnny Storm is his superhero best friend, he's joined the team/been paired up with them several times, they were his first superfriends, and he even fought their enemy, Dr. Doom, as his first outside villain. If you're saying you prefer him with the X-Men, then that's fine. But he's far more than just a random pairing.
    Unless you watched the 90's show Spidey has more of a history beating the X-Men up then he does teaming-up with them as a group .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The only story I can imagine Spider-Man and the X-Men (outside Secret Wars) teaming up is Arcade and Murderworld. Plenty of options with the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless you watched the 90's show Spidey has more of a history beating the X-Men up then he does teaming-up with them as a group .
    I got a feeling you just want to see Spider-Man curb stomp the X-Men again, Frontier lol

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Marvel reshuffling their Phase Four schedule you accommodate the new picture.

Given how messing this was, I imagine Marvel is going to be a little more cautious about making Spidey and his villains central players.

I got a feeling you just want to see Spider-Man curb stomp the X-Men again, Frontier lol
    ....maaaaaaaaaaaybe .

To be honest, I'd really like to see a good Spidey/Wolverine team-up .
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Marvel reshuffling their Phase Four schedule you accommodate the new picture.

Given how messing this was, I imagine Marvel is going to be a little more cautious about making Spidey and his villains central players.
    I think they've already been cautious enough. Spidey was prominent at the tail end of the Infinity Saga but not in a way where anyone would probably mention him again if he suddenly vanished for rights reasons.

I guess we still don't know who owns Avengers Tower now, but I'm betting it won't be OsCorp.

Admittedly, I myself liked any comic where Spidey was shown to hold his own against an entire superhero team, (whether it be the Avengers, FF, or X-Men) but I prefer Spidey and the X-Men as allies. They're have been both feared and hunted, and even have to deal with robots specifically built to destroy them (Sentinels and Spider-Slayers). Why haven't we had an event where Spider-players start targeting all the Spider-people that are running around these days?

But on topic, I am glad to see a deal was struck. Too many things were tied into the MCU for the whole Peter's identity revealed to the world cliffhanger ending to progress forward.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 09-27-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Was this all a big fake-out to drive up anticipation for the next film?

In which case, I say "well played, lads.... well played, indeed."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Was this all a big fake-out to drive up anticipation for the next film?
    No. I think this was legit. There was a break-up and make-up. The next movie is in 2021 two years or so away. A lot can happen between now and then for this mini-farce to count for much.

I was okay with Sony's Spider-Man leaving the MCU and I am indifferent to them joining again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Admittedly, I myself liked any comic where Spidey was shown to hold his own against an entire superhero team, (whether it be the Avengers, FF, or X-Men) but I prefer Spidey and the X-Men as allies. They're have been both feared and hunted, and even have to deal with robots specifically built to destroy them (Sentinels and Spider-Slayers). Why haven't we had an event where Spider-players start targeting all the Spider-people that are running around these days?
    Isn't Smythe the only real Spider-Slayer these days? Aside from when they bring out the original with the video screen.

Oh this news just made my entire Friday! Welcome home, again, Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    No. I think this was legit. There was a break-up and make-up. The next movie is in 2021 two years or so away. A lot can happen between now and then for this mini-farce to count for much.

I was okay with Sony's Spider-Man leaving the MCU and I am indifferent to them joining again.
    I was one of the few apparently that was good with him leaving as well. Pretty indifferent to today’s news.