Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

this is not surprising. hopefully the 3rd film is the last and they can wrap it up as a trilogy.
    Additionally, MCU now finally has to take into account that their spiderman does need a lot of improvement and their movies don't yet have what it takes for a great spiderman film we have seen in the past.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    Spider-Man: Home Improvement
    Spider-Man: Never Going Home lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    this is not surprising. hopefully the 3rd film is the last and they can wrap it up as a trilogy.
    Additionally, MCU now finally has to taken into account that their spiderman does need a lot of improvement and their movies don't yet have what it takes for a great spiderman film we have seen in the past.
    Please, they don't see the need for a lot of improvement, they made a billion with the last movie.
    I mean, there is a lot, a LOT of need for improvement with this Spider-Man in my opinion, but they don't or won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Please, they don't see the need for a lot of improvement, they made a billion with the last movie.
    I mean, there is a lot, a LOT of need for improvement with this Spider-Man in my opinion, but they don't or won't see it.
    Disney/MCU has done a fantastic job of bringing in the causal fan. Those fans speak loudly and it’s one of the reasons that the MCU has taken off and rightfully so...the movies are fantastic. My issue has always been with their interpretation of the Spiderman character. It just doesn’t resonate with me and I’ve never understood the appeal. To each their own. This isnt anything against Tom Holland. I just feel the material he’s given to work with isn’t great. When I see the MCU version I’ve always felt disconnected from the character. Maybe As a fan I’ve just grown past the whiny, rookie, new to the game super hero...

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Disney/MCU has done a fantastic job of bringing in the causal fan. Those fans speak loudly and it’s one of the reasons that the MCU has taken off and rightfully so...the movies are fantastic. My issue has always been with their interpretation of the Spiderman character. It just doesn’t resonate with me and I’ve never understood the appeal. To each their own. This isnt anything against Tom Holland. I just feel the material he’s given to work with isn’t great. When I see the MCU version I’ve always felt disconnected from the character. Maybe As a fan I’ve just grown past the whiny, rookie, new to the game super hero...
    I haven't, I still love the rookie Spider-Man ala the old Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, and Holland's Peter still doesn't connect with me.

I haven't, I still love the rookie Spider-Man ala the old Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, and Holland's Peter still doesn't connect with me.
    I agree with SSM. GReat series. Great interpretation. You can do the new to the game rookie style and not appear useless at times. Maybe that’s where the disconnect lies with me and the MCU version. They took the incompetent angle a bit too far.

BANNED

You really need to not be paying attention to these movies for him to be called useless.
    Like maybe you could say he's useless in IW, maybe, bit even then it ain't like Spider-Man is the guy who takes on Thanos one to one anyway.
    Last edited by Bloxer; 09-27-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    You really need to not be paying attention to these movies for him to be called useless.
    I wouldn't ever call him useless. But he just doesn't feel like Spider-Man to me. This version's popularity honestly baffles me.

Alright, God Watts, please give Flash his own arc in a post-identity world like the rest of the squad. Thankyew.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

While this isn't my absolute favorite incarnation of the character, I don't think it's fair to say "useless", "Iron Man Jr.", or any of the other criticisms that have been hurled their way. We've seen this type of "new direction" before that it's almost like fans want to see one single type of Spider-Man movie, which is just not me. Disney makes their version, Sony makes theirs, Marvel makes theirs...what happened to "what makes you different makes you Spider-Man?"

Honestly, it makes me sad to be a Spider-Man fan sometimes as I listen to you all with the movie talk.

Yeah, when we got Spidey in the MCU, something like Spec Spidey was what I was really hoping we were getting, and I think that's part of why I was disappointed with Holland and what they've done with him so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While this isn't my absolute favorite incarnation of the character, I don't think it's fair to say "useless", "Iron Man Jr.", or any of the other criticisms that have been hurled their way. We've seen this type of "new direction" before that it's almost like fans want to see one single type of Spider-Man movie, which is just not me. Disney makes their version, Sony makes theirs, Marvel makes theirs...what happened to "what makes you different makes you Spider-Man?"
    I get what you're going for, it's just weird to associate that line when we're basically talking about just Peter Parker .

BANNED

Honestly, it makes me sad to be a Spider-Man fan sometimes as I listen to you all with the movie talk.
    Yeah frankly I don't Spider-Man to be the same everytime.
    Like what's the point of even having a new adaptation if I could just switch to something old and get the same thing?
    I like seeing what new things they can do with the characters and stories.

Marvel fans and especially Spider-Man are passionate and there’s nothing wrong with that. As long as their are no personal attacks being thrown out (which too often it unfortunately turns into for people ) everything should be fair game. There’s nothing wrong with that. Spider-Man fans are typically north and sound kind of people anyway . We either hate or love. That’s what makes us the best fans in comics....or the worst depending on who you ask lol.

BANNED

X-Men fans are still the worst.
    But Spider-Man fans are certainly up there, definitely top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    X-Men fans are still the worst.
    But Spider-Man fans are certainly up there, definitely top 10
    Lmao. Nah top 10 isn’t giving us another credit. We definitely top 5 with how bad it gets. I would put the X fans in for a strong top 3 consideration though.