Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

So here’s why I expect a CW show shakeup after COIE aside from talk they want a 10 year old Jon.

https://youtu.be/H953vpb9iMY

Batman on Earth-1 is and likely will remain a guy 20 years into his career.

Barry is 7 years into his career.

Superman needs to be somewhere between 8 and 21 years into his career and his relationship with Lois.

Why does Superman need to be a contemporary of Batman? Because it gives him a role to serve relative to Batwoman. If Bruce and Alfred are off limits, Clark’s the one who can come in and give feedback but only if he knew Bruce. Why older than Barry? Because Barry and Kara are contemporaries and also because you need Jon born back around the premiere of Arrow.

Probably around 12 years in minimum.

Sure, you can have slow aging but overall, I think Superman and Lois need to be 40 in the eyes of the public based on how the Arrowverse is setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    So here’s why I expect a CW show shakeup after COIE aside from talk they want a 10 year old Jon.

https://youtu.be/H953vpb9iMY

Batman on Earth-1 is and likely will remain a guy 20 years into his career.

Barry is 7 years into his career.

Superman needs to be somewhere between 8 and 21 years into his career and his relationship with Lois.

Why does Superman need to be a contemporary of Batman? Because it gives him a role to serve relative to Batwoman. If Bruce and Alfred are off limits, Clark’s the one who can come in and give feedback but only if he knew Bruce. Why older than Barry? Because Barry and Kara are contemporaries and also because you need Jon born back around the premiere of Arrow.

Probably around 12 years in minimum.

Sure, you can have slow aging but overall, I think Superman and Lois need to be 40 in the eyes of the public based on how the Arrowverse is setup.
    Superman was 24 years old when Kara Zor-El arrived on Earth-38 at 13 years old. (Kal-El left Krypton as an infant and Kara was stuck in the Phantom Zone for 24 years so that when she arrived she was still 13 and Clark had grown
    up and become Superman) He must have been Superman a few years before that because he was already famous. So say Clark became Superman at 20 years old. Kara was 24 years old when she became Supergirl, 11 years later.
    Making Superman 35 years old. (24 + 11). Kara has been Supergirl for 5 years so that would mean Superman is around 40 years old. That means Clark has been Superman for around 20 years. (Started at 20 and it is now 20 years later)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

But I think we're all forgetting the most important question that won't be answered by COIE: Does Smallville High still have famous bands perform at their school dances?
    Assassinate Putin!

EE523DBF-CE12-4BD8-A9DB-118F193054AB.jpg
    Alright I guess this makes Reeve-Routh canon pretty clear. I always kinda headcanoned Returns as it’s own thing, but I’m starting to accept it. We may be finally getting definitive ending for the Superman we first met in 1978. Interesting how they’re also apparently gonna explain what becomes of Keaton/Burton’s Batman (apparently retconning out the schrumacher movies). Which is kinda great, they’re using COIE to celebrate what they’ve built since Arrow but also giving closure to the classics.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Retired

Guge's misplaced apostrophe could be intentional, giving the sense that Routh's Superman IS George Reeves' Superman, rather than Christopher Reeve's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Guge's misplaced apostrophe could be intentional, giving the sense that Routh's Superman IS George Reeves' Superman, rather than Christopher Reeve's Superman.
    That would be hilarious. I kind of hope that it's true now.

In my head canon, Chris Reeve Superman and Routh Superman are from separate universes, but they share very similar histories up until some time after the battle with the Phantom Zone criminals. After which, their paths diverged significantly, where Reeve went on to meet Gus Gorman, whereas Routh visited the remains of Krypton. Their lives through the battle with Zod aren't precisely the same, because Bryan Singer said he blatantly ignored things like the amnesia kiss, so it's just twin universes in the multiverse.

Actually, I lied. In my head canon, Superman Returns probably doesn't happen at all, in any of the infinite universes.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-18-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Retired

SUPERMAN RETURNS happens in the universe where Richard Donner was able to complete SUPERMAN II.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

That suit looks so good, looks way higher budget than the other CW costumes.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Not wild about taking the Kingdom Come connection to its logical conclusion there, though given he's clearly still Clark maybe it's a background detail rather than front-and-center and didn't go as badly as in the source material for Lois and company.
    Buh-bye

Retired

Can Brandon Routh make public appearances in the Superman suit at shopping malls and sign autographs? Or would his corporate overlords prevent him from doing so, a la Clayton Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not wild about taking the Kingdom Come connection to its logical conclusion there, though given he's clearly still Clark maybe it's a background detail rather than front-and-center and didn't go as badly as in the source material for Lois and company.
    That newspaper I think cements that Lois is dead.

What if Routh and Conroy are all on Earth 90? Make that the “geezer” universe. Get Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Carl Lumbly as Martian Manhunter, etc. and when the multiverse is saved, end with them playing bingo at the hall of justice. Ok I’m kidding about the last part, but it would be cool if they put a lot of those older stuff into the same universe. Lynda Carter as some version of KC WW would be neat.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That newspaper I think cements that Lois is dead.
    Yeah, which would add emotional poignancy when he see's Hoechlin's Lois is alive.

It seems like the inciting events of Kingdome Come still happened, he just didn't retreat from society. Or maybe he stopped being Superman and just stuck to being Clark Kent?