Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-09-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Aww, awesome pic. She could totally be his Lois Lane..

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think he was a lot more likable when he was first introduced in the beginning of season 2. He was Kara's equal at least..

It went downhill after that. BTW, remember when the Supergirl show started and the intro used to say Superman was the greatest hero in the universe? LOL..

Or did I dream it?
    I don't blame him for what the producers did to him. I think if he was a stand alone Superman it would be fine. I just think they don't give him enough to do. I get that it's not his show but even when he is on, it's like they don't really know what to do with him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I know that the trunks are controversial, but if it was me I'd want to have those trunks with the belt and the belt loops to give me that extra support and security performing scenes in front of other people--less chance of something falling out. Tyler and Grant look overexposed and vulnerable. Every man needa a safe for those family jewels.
    The trunks are pretty silly in live action now, imo. I don't hate them, but when Superman is the only superhero still wearing them, makes him look outdated, imo. Even now people still make jokes about the underwear outside his suit.. I saw it in a Superman birthday card at this pharmacy chain in my area. They joked about it in a deprecating way.

Any way, Brandon Routh is 40 today. I had no idea, time passes fast! He still has lots of hair...
    I think they look fine on Routh's more classical Supes and because he's worn them before. I don't know if they would work in live-action for another actor.

Retired

I think stargazer01 missed the point I was making. I was talking about myself and what would make me feel comfortable on the set of a TV show. I only ever did a few acting things in school, when forced to, and I'd be too self-conscious in those super-suits--especially Grant's. So the more layers of clothes I could put on the better I'd feel.

I took a ballet exercise class when I was at university and I made sure to wear shorts over my leggings. I was the only guy in the class--well, in the first class there was another guy but he didn't return after that. Even with the shorts on over the leggings, I was danged uncomfortable the whole time.

Retired

Tala is dressed up to look like Lois Lane in that photo with Brandon--but would she actually be a Lois in the crossover? I wonder if they just did this for a goof or if it's a legit thing in COIE.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 10-10-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Tala is dressed up to look like Lois Lane in that photo with Brandon--but would she actually be a Lois in the crossover? I wonder if they just did this for a good or if it's a legit thing in COIE.
    I wouldn't put any stock into that photo, it's just a bts's thing, most likely
    Plus it was already confirmed that there'd be no Lois Lane from the Returns verse

@ Las Son of Krypton, I missed that group photo. Wow, Routh looks awesome as Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't blame him for what the producers did to him. I think if he was a stand alone Superman it would be fine. I just think they don't give him enough to do. I get that it's not his show but even when he is on, it's like they don't really know what to do with him.
    I blame him a little because he chooses to keep coming for more of that crap. He doesn't have to do it. He could stand up and protest and say that's not right for the character. Maybe he just doesn't care. I feel he doesn't love the character. Did I mention I'm nervous about what's coming for Superman in the Crisis crossover? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they look fine on Routh's more classical Supes and because he's worn them before. I don't know if they would work in live-action for another actor.
    yeah I agree. I just don't want Supes to look too retro when everybody else looks modern and cool.

I think stargazer01 missed the point I was making. I was talking about myself and what would make me feel comfortable on the set of a TV show. I only ever did a few acting things in school, when forced to, and I'd be too self-conscious in those super-suits--especially Grant's. So the more layers of clothes I could put on the better I'd feel.

I took a ballet exercise class when I was at university and I made sure to wear shorts over my leggings. I was the only guy in the class--well, in the first class there was another guy but he didn't return after that. Even with the shorts on over the leggings, I was danged uncomfortable the whole time.
    Oh ok, makes sense.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-10-2019 at 07:37 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Aww, wasn't it nice of Superman to take a quick picture with that woman? I mean, you read about how nice he's supposed to be and stuff, but deep down you always kind of imagine that a guy that busy wouldn't stop for a picture, but there he is.

Ok seriously. No offence to anyone in that picture (this 100% goes for the above one too). They are all super attractive and talented people, but good lord, it LEGITIMATELY looks like Superman wondered into a Comic Con, and, because he's Superman, agreed to take a group photo with a bunch of people attending. Seriously, he's like *this* close to looking like a life-size model. It's JUST Superman!!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-10-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

^I agree, Superlad! They look like cosplayers next to Routh in that pic. He really stands out.

Some fan edit..

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Aww, wasn't it nice of Superman to take a quick picture with that woman? I mean, you read about how nice he's supposed to be and stuff, but deep down you always kind of imagine that a guy that busy would stop for a picture, but there he is.

Ok seriously. No offence to anyone in that picture (this 100% goes for the above one too). They are all super attractive and talented people, but good lord, it LEGITIMATELY looks like Superman wondered into a Comic Con, and, because he's Superman, agreed to take a group photo with a bunch of people attending. Seriously, he's like *this* close to looking like a life-size model. It's JUST Superman!!
    I think we sort of forget how ridiculous some of these costumes would look like in real life if they actually existed. I guess Lyla is actually the Lyla from COIE in this one. She's got the costume for it. In every one of these pictures, Cress Williams look like he'd really rather be anywhere but there.
    Assassinate Putin!

I blame him a little because he chooses to keep coming for more of that crap. He doesn't have to do it. He could stand up and protest and say that's not right for the character. Maybe he just doesn't care. I feel he doesn't love the character. Did I mention I'm nervous about what's coming for Superman in the Crisis crossover? :/
    I think it's fair to say that most people who work on Superman-related projects don't love the character...

Anyway, I also can't blame lesser-known actors for reading the lines on the script. It's not like he has enough sway to make any real changes, and he probably needs the work so he can't make any take-it-or-leave-it demands. I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday in which Arnold was explaining he wanted to change the line in Terminator from "I'll be back," to "I will be back," and Cameron told him just to say the [expletive] [expletive] line in the script. So if that can happen to Arnold, it's going to happen to this guy.

EDIT: Arnold also said he was worried about playing the Terminator because there were only 27-28 lines of dialogue for him, and I couldn't help but think that makes him 2/3rds Superman...
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 10-10-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think it's fair to say that most people who work on Superman-related projects don't love the character...

Anyway, I also can't blame lesser-known actors for reading the lines on the script. It's not like he has enough sway to make any real changes, and he probably needs the work so he can't make any take-it-or-leave-it demands. I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday in which Arnold was explaining he wanted to change the line in Terminator from "I'll be back," to "I will be back," and Cameron told him just to say the [expletive] [expletive] line in the script. So if that can happen to Arnold, it's going to happen to this guy.

EDIT: Arnold also said he was worried about playing the Terminator because there were only 27-28 lines of dialogue for him, and I couldn't help but think that makes him 2/3rds Superman...
    Fair enough, but then I remember when Hoechlin said in his first interview about playing Superman saying that Superman is not dark or angsty... and then said obvious things like Superman being brights, hopeful, etc. It really annoys me because he talked like he really cared about how to portray the character right (unlike the new movies), but then he is fine being the official jobber Superman on Supergirl... Makes him a hyppocrite to me.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think we sort of forget how ridiculous some of these costumes would look like in real life if they actually existed.
    Agreed. But then Routh in his looks like he literally stepped off the page.

Ironically enough, he's the guy with the trunks and the bright ass colors, but everyone else looks more or less like cosplay. And his suit looks so natural. Like, I know better, but someone could still convince me the 5 minutes before this picture, Routh put down his coffee, combed his hair, and put that suit on the same way you or I get dressed in the morning. It looks effortless.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Aww, wasn't it nice of Superman to take a quick picture with that woman?
    She must be a Lois Lane cosplayer. I imagine in the SR/KC world that the real Lois died (either because the Joker killed her or she succumbed to lung cancer) but she proved so popular among her fans that they still cosplay her at all the conventions.