Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I'd personally vote no. If they're done with Cavill and the original DCEU version, they need to start over again, not go back to another dead incarnation and try to revive it, regardless how loose the connection may be. I just don't think its a good idea from a marketing point of view. "Remember that version of Superman everyone hated before the version Snyder made you hate? We're gonna go back there". It may not be totally fair but at the same time that would be the general impression that isn't that wrong. I'm glad Routh got another shot under what looks to be better circumstances, but I see it more as a nice bookend. Not the start of anything.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks since Warner's has pretty much given up on the Snyder DCEU and Henry Cavill is done that they should just do a stand alone Superman Returns sequel with Brandon as this older Supes? Basically Earth 2 Superman. You wouldn't have to have Lois (because she's probably gone) or Lex (for obvious reasons),you wouldn't really even have to directly reference Jason White. Just Brandon's Superman taking on,say, Brainiac for a stand alone adventure. If DC films can do stand alone stuff like Joker,why not give this guy a decent stand alone?
    Gotta agree with sacred knight. You gotta have some kind of foundation. Only so much you can work with when you can’t reference the protagonist’s family or most prominent enemy. Especially when you’re talking about a movie from well over a decade ago.
    I think the best thing to do with the Superman movie franchise is wait another 3-8 years before rebooting.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks since Warner's has pretty much given up on the Snyder DCEU and Henry Cavill is done that they should just do a stand alone Superman Returns sequel with Brandon as this older Supes? Basically Earth 2 Superman. You wouldn't have to have Lois (because she's probably gone) or Lex (for obvious reasons),you wouldn't really even have to directly reference Jason White. Just Brandon's Superman taking on,say, Brainiac for a stand alone adventure. If DC films can do stand alone stuff like Joker,why not give this guy a decent stand alone?
    I like it. Maybe a lot of stand alone films would be better than them having a big plan. They've never been able to manage that without a road map that I can tell (roadmap example being Harry Potter, etc), so why not.

My preference would be to have a decently-connected universe or multiverse of films.. but different versions is fine. If they can keep up with it on TV, they can do it on the screen. Maybe then Henry will get another shot down the road, too.

There's even been slight talk of a Nic Cage Superman in the crossover, too... so (to quote "Deadpool"): "looks like they've hit F*** it," and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

As much as I love Brandon as Superman, his Superman story was too problematic to continue with more films. It's best to start fresh with a new face and approach if Cavill is not back.

But I really want to see more of Brandon in the role somewhere on TV or streaming. Not connected to the CW shows, though, something separate like on HBO or the DC Universe app. A mini series with more focus as Clark Kent the reporter.

Awesome Clark Kent pic, btw. Really wasn't expecting that. He has always been my face Clark, he seemed more realistic than the over the top clumsy Reeve version.

Man that highlights how stupid those shoulder straps look.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Man that highlights how stupid those shoulder straps look.
    They only really looked good on Mon-El's costume in my opinion.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They should just retcon the other guy out and put Routh in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    They should just retcon the other guy out and put Routh in.
    I like Hoechlin enough. He just needs better material to work with (and no cape straps).

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I like Hoechlin enough. He just needs better material to work with (and no cape straps).
    Agreed. The suit looks better in motion,but bad in stills.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Since Gustin is supposedly a huge Superman fan, I’m not surprised he looks like he’s enjoying himself

Retired

I know that the trunks are controversial, but if it was me I'd want to have those trunks with the belt and the belt loops to give me that extra support and security performing scenes in front of other people--less chance of something falling out. Tyler and Grant look overexposed and vulnerable. Every man needa a safe for those family jewels.

The trunks are pretty silly in live action now, imo. I don't hate them, but when Superman is the only superhero still wearing them, makes him look outdated, imo. Even now people still make jokes about the underwear outside his suit.. I saw it in a Superman birthday card at this pharmacy chain in my area. They joked about it in a deprecating way.

Any way, Brandon Routh is 40 today. I had no idea, time passes fast! He still has lots of hair...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fair enough, he's only had total garbage to work with. I can't really fault him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Fair enough, he's only had total garbage to work with. I can't really fault him for that.
    I think he was a lot more likable when he was first introduced in the beginning of season 2. He was Kara's equal at least..

It went downhill after that. BTW, remember when the Supergirl show started and the intro used to say Superman was the greatest hero in the universe? LOL..

Or did I dream it?