Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman revealed

The next Superman movie can learn a lot from Superman Returns. Some of the best live-action Superman scenes are in that movie (plane scene, viewing earth from space and speeding down to help someone, etc). It's too bad Routh only got one shot at a theatrical Superman appearance. I think he looks great here in this Kingdom Come styled Superman costume

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    The next Superman movie can learn a lot from Superman Returns. Some of the best live-action Superman scenes are in that movie (plane scene, viewing earth from space and speeding down to help someone, etc). It's too bad Routh only got one shot at a theatrical Superman appearance. I think he looks great here in this Kingdom Come styled Superman costume
    To be fair, this iteration of the Kingdom Come suit isn't that different from his Superman Returns suit I think.

There's some key differences that mean a lot despite not being drastic differences in of themselves. The S isn't childishly small. The trunks are longer and don't look like a speedo. The fabrics don't look like stiff, flat rubber, and the red is red and not burgundy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Somewhere there's an alternate universe where Brandon Routh was undiscovered or largely overlooked for action roles till about 2011 and he's been playing Superman ever since, and now is aging gracefully into his 40s alongside the character.

F%&k dude. I can safely say that THAT is what Superman looks like.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-27-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Really makes you lament even more that everything around Routh for SR was a complete and utter train-wreck. They did this man dirty.

Only thing that would make this cooler is if KC WW was part of this, but I'm highly doubtful that's at all in the cards. Oh well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That suit looks pretty awesome. Hoechlin's still got it .

I'm also glad they didn't give him Hoechlin's cape straps.

I'd love to see this costume design in full Fleischer-mode with the classic black-filled S and yellow outline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Only thing that would make this cooler is if KC WW was part of this, but I'm highly doubtful that's at all in the cards. Oh well.
    Who should play her? Adrianne Palicki? 😂

Hahaha, well techincally by comic book lore she should visually age slower than Superman....

Or hey, reverse it and have this Superman the one who ages more slowly and Carter can be the KC WW.

There's some key differences that mean a lot despite not being drastic differences in of themselves. The S isn't childishly small. The trunks are longer and don't look like a speedo. The fabrics don't look like stiff, flat rubber, and the red is red and not burgundy.
    Agreed, the neckline is also much more open and wide, and there's a lot more musculature that's visible. It's overall just a much more accurate costume that makes him look big, powerful, and awe-inspiring like how Superman should look. Especially if we're going off Alex Ross Superman.

Or hey, reverse it and have this Superman the one who ages more slowly and Carter can be the KC WW.
    It would make sense linking him with the 70s WW considering that Routh's Supes was supposed to be in the same continuity of the 70s Superman movies. 😂🤯

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Like, I know there's this taboo or whatever about using TV actors to play the film characters, and Routh has played Superman in a movie before, but.......c'mon yo. Look at him.

No one would blame you, WB. No one.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Really makes you lament even more that everything around Routh for SR was a complete and utter train-wreck. They did this man dirty.

Hahaha, well techincally by comic book lore she should visually age slower than Superman....

Considering all the rumors about Lynda Carter being in it and Kevin Conroy being in there as Batman, I wonder if the plans are for them all to be the Kingdom Come versions.