Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    There's an interview where Hoechlin said he hadn't seen any past Superman stuff and that he intentionally avoided it when he was cast as Superman so his take would be original. It sounds to me like he doesn't have any particular feelings about Superman one way or the other.
    I took that as Hoechlin wanted to create his own Superman. He didn't want to be a knock off of the George Reeves or Christopher Reeve or Dean Cain or Tom Welling or Henry Cavill version of Clark Kent/Superman.
    Not sure how that can be interpreted as not having any feeling for Superman. Sounds more like he was going for a fresh take on a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I took that as Hoechlin wanted to create his own Superman. He didn't want to be a knock off of the George Reeves or Christopher Reeve or Dean Cain or Tom Welling or Henry Cavill version of Clark Kent/Superman.
    Not sure how that can be interpreted as not having any feeling for Superman. Sounds more like he was going for a fresh take on a character.
    If you care for the Debbie Downer take, it's because he hadn't seen (or didn't recall) seeing any prior Superman stuff, and didn't want to take the time to see how Superman was portrayed before.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you care for the Debbie Downer take, it's because he hadn't seen (or didn't recall) seeing any prior Superman stuff, and didn't want to take the time to see how Superman was portrayed before.
    I really doubt he never saw Superman in anything. I think he played the part well at first. Maybe he was totally directed by the director trying to emulate Reeve while adding some new things like the marriage.

Coming back to the threads subject.. Here is Routh and his bicep look huge here!!

Hope he's not wearing padding..

Last edited by stargazer01; 10-11-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Hope he's not wearing padding..
    My guess is it's padded. The "Lois" pic in this thread has some unnatural definition lines which normally don't pass through lycra spandex.

Of course, padding or not, that doesn't mean he's not huge...

I know he intentionally avoided it to avoid copying Reeve, Reeves, Cain, Cavill and so on, but he said he hadn't seen any past shows or movies. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything and I don't expect every actor to be a fan, but if the show were to depict his Superman as being less powerful and skilled than Supergirl, I don't think he'd have any particular reason to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Tala is dressed up to look like Lois Lane in that photo with Brandon--but would she actually be a Lois in the crossover? I wonder if they just did this for a goof or if it's a legit thing in COIE.
    Judging by the picture with Amell and with the list of characters behind him, three versions of Lois will appear in COIE.

A little off topic, but what if Legends kill Ray? I'd be fine with that if it's done well. I never liked Routh in that show. His character just became comic relief, ugh.

A little off topic, but what if Legends kill Ray? I'd be fine with that if it's done well. I never liked Routh in that show. His character just became comic relief, ugh.
    Well we already know he is leaving the show. I知 actually kinda worried he値l be gone before he meets his super-doppelg舅ger. Also Ryan Choi is being introduced, presumably to replace him: As for killing him off, I like Ray, I hope he gets a happy ending.
    On a related note, I知 really looking forward to seeing how Mick reacts to KC Clark. Either he値l be dumbfounded or completely nonchalant. Either way it値l probably be hilarious.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 10-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.

I'm not sure I see them killing Ray off. I think it would seem too similar to when they killed off Professor Stein and they probably can just give him a clean sendoff with his real life wife.

Y'know, it would've been kind of hilarious if they had Courtney Ford play Lois to Routh's Superman .

Retired

I had thought Ryan would make a good addition to THE FLASH, but if Chester (aka Chunk) sticks around then it would be too over-crowded at STAR Labs. I just can't see LEGENDS being as good without Haircut. He's my favourite character on the show.

I kind of hope that they go completely bonkers after the Crisis with all the shows. The ramifications of them all being on the same Earth and the possible retcons could really shake things up on the CW. But I doubt that's going to happen, because it's too much work to coordinate all the shows. Just doing the crossover event is going to blow their budgets. Expect a lot of bottle episodes after the mid-season break.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure I see them killing Ray off. I think it would seem too similar to when they killed off Professor Stein and they probably can just give him a clean sendoff with his real life wife.

Y'know, it would've been kind of hilarious if they had Courtney Ford play Lois to Routh's Superman .
    But the Kingdom Come version of Lois Lane is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I had thought Ryan would make a good addition to THE FLASH, but if Chester (aka Chunk) sticks around then it would be too over-crowded at STAR Labs. I just can't see LEGENDS being as good without Haircut. He's my favourite character on the show.

I kind of hope that they go completely bonkers after the Crisis with all the shows. The ramifications of them all being on the same Earth and the possible retcons could really shake things up on the CW. But I doubt that's going to happen, because it's too much work to coordinate all the shows. Just doing the crossover event is going to blow their budgets. Expect a lot of bottle episodes after the mid-season break.
    After Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, Ray Palmer is my third favorite character.

The only outlier is Supergirl on Earth-38. Everyone else is on Earth-1. Even Black Lightning is probably on Earth-1 even if no one else ever bothered to go to Freeland. So really all they need to do is have everyone think
    Supergirl has been on Earth-1 all along. It isn't really all that different than John Diggle thinking he now has a son instead of a daughter. Except now everyone remembers things differently. Now National City is just another
    city people visit just like Flash visits Star City and Green Arrow visits Central City from time to time.

Even Black Lightning is probably on Earth-1 even if no one else ever bothered to go to Freeland.
    Actually it was confirmed a when the series was in development that Black Lightning was on a separate earth. Since they've stated Green Arrow was the first vigilante to appear on Earth 1, which wouldn't be the case if BL was around since he was active over 15 years in the past. Though his earth could definitely be folded into the mix, with Supergirl's world.

But the Kingdom Come version of Lois Lane is dead.
    It doesn't look like he's going to be straight-up Kingdom Come Superman. I mean, he's editor in chief of the Daily Planet, which was a thing in Earth-2.

Retired

The problem you can see with the regular fabric super-suit that Routh wears in those pics, and why they opt for the kind of outfits you usually see in the CW shows and Snyder movies, is that the fabric wrinkles and bunches. I imagine Routh and his stuntman need a set assistant between takes to smooth out the material so it looks good on camera. I also wonder about the pit stains--George Reeves and Christopher Reeve got pit stains with their outfits--it was even worse for George who had a skin reaction to all the sweat if he had to wear the outfit for too long. With the layers of padding and special materials they should avoid the camera picking up these imperfections, but it's likely the actors and their doubles still have to endure a lot of discomfort.

I don’t like the costume at all. It fits because he’s an older interpretation of Superman but I’d never want that in a movie.