Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Shame this is being wasted on CW, looks pretty good.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Would love to get at least a mini series of this version of Kal on the DC streaming service.

Retired

I hope there will be a DVD that provides an extended cut of the whole crossover.

Astonishing Member

He looks really really good. He, as well as the action scenes were my favourite thing about SR. I hope he gets a proper swansong.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Shame this is being wasted on CW, looks pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Would love to get at least a mini series of this version of Kal on the DC streaming service.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He looks really really good. He, as well as the action scenes were my favourite thing about SR. I hope he gets a proper swansong.

Agreed guys.. The second pic is Wow. I just can't help it but to worry a bit because this is the CW and in the last crossover I hated how dirty they did Superman..

Yikes!!! I am not crazy about seeing a live action Superman with those trunks. I get that it’s what Routh wore in his movie but man that looks bad. That’s one look I’ll never understand.

He's an older Superman, representative of kinda a previous era. In that regard I think the trunks suit a version of Superman not intended to be modern.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I love it - even the trunks. Though I would have picked a different fabric for them - it's a bit thin-looking. That's why they look off, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering all the rumors about Lynda Carter being in it and Kevin Conroy being in there as Batman, I wonder if the plans are for them all to be the Kingdom Come versions.
    Here's a thought: all 3 are the KC versions (it would work), and by the end, Conroy's Batman takes on a protege, spinning into a Batman Beyond series (where Brandon shows up a lot as Superman).

I'm just going to hold that dream for a little while, before it crumbles to dust all "Thanos" style..
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I also prefer the trunkless look for live action, BUT it works for Brandon's Superman. Maybe he also has a trunkless one for other occasions.. Why not?

Maybe if he's very popular, WB orders a TV series for him on the DCU app? Just get good writers.

Here's the thing I think about: every one of CW's suits has looked twice as good as their early test shots when we see them in action. So... if that holds true here.. I don't think we'll have any problems with it.

And damn it, that man needs a Superman show. Or I need for that man to have a Superman show.

One of those two. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hell yeah. Give that man a "Superman & Son" TV show and you've got a helluva great setup.

Astonishing Member

Looks phenomenal.

I liked SR a lot when it first dropped but its flaws have become more glaring every time I think back on it. And SR isn't like, endlessly rewatchable like Superman: TMP and Superman II. But I love Routh. He always looked the part - in hindsight I think he looked too youthful his last go around. But he looks JUSSSSSST RIGHT for me now.

It occurs to me that "looking the part" is all pretty relative because I can't actually separate Superman from Chris Reeve mentally unless it's animated and allows for that abstraction. I adore Hoechlin too, though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Another image floating around:

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Another image floating around:

This shot actually makes it look like a true evolution of the Returns suit. It reminds me of one of the promo art for that movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I love it - even the trunks. Though I would have picked a different fabric for them - it's a bit thin-looking. That's why they look off, imo.

Here's a thought: all 3 are the KC versions (it would work), and by the end, Conroy's Batman takes on a protege, spinning into a Batman Beyond series (where Brandon shows up a lot as Superman).

I'm just going to hold that dream for a little while, before it crumbles to dust all "Thanos" style..
    Let’s say the earths merge.

Supposedly Routh was recently surprised with the news he was let go from Legends of Tomorrow.

What if you strip the aging they did here and cast him alongside Erica Durance in a Son of Superman show? With Cryer as Lex.

I’ve already seen speculation that JWS might just be Jay Garrick after COIE and Henry Allen might get recast for flashbacks.

There’s constant rumors they want to do Son of Superman on TV. Hoechlin is a bit young and his Superman is just having a kid now.

But if the earths merge, you could end up with a 40-ish Routh who already has a 10 year old Jon as the Crisis-altered status quo.

Keep Hoechlin around as the new Ray Palmer.