Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    In the Arroverse, Supergirl is the big dog. Superman is in awe of her...

It's why I don't care about it at all.
    True, I'm just talking as an in-general. But my hope is that if Superman ever does get a show its not set in that verse anyway. That reality is hers and that's fine, you just can't do Superman within it in a main capacity anymore, imo. Only if you want to go the "Superdad" route with him training a kid who's the real main character but again, goddamn what a waste that would be.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can picture Hoelchin's Superman having a daughter and calling her Kara like Earth's greatest champion.
    Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    True, I'm just talking as an in-general. But my hope is that if Superman ever does get a show its not set in that verse anyway. That reality is hers and that's fine, you just can't do Superman within it in a main capacity anymore, imo. Only if you want to go the "Superdad" route with him training a kid who's the real main character but again, goddamn what a waste that would be.

I agree. Especially when we need more quality Superman stories. I'd prefer a Superman and Family show if it was animated, but live action, not sure. I don't need to see Clark as a secondary character AGAIN. We need a real Superman movie or show.

After a few years of quality stories, I wouldn't mind a super son. It'd be good character development AS LONG as Superman is still the main dog in his universe. Use the kid well to enrich and expand the Superman mythos, NOT to put him down..
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-28-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Incredible Member

It's perfect. The best live-action Supersuit, bar none. I'm thrilled for Routh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm betting he's going to fill the Earth 2 Superman role. Since he's playing the Returns' Superman he's effectively playing the Donner Superman which in a lot of ways is analogous as a live action Superman to Earth 2's comic version (i.e. the forefather of them all). He either sacrifices himself so Hoechlin's Superman doesn't have to (poignant you still have a chance with Lois & your son that he gave up) or rides off into a paradise dimension at the end to be met by "his" Lois (maybe Bosworth is cameoing) and their son. Since Returns Superman is the Donner Superman I can't see him getting anything less than some kind of poignant send off.

The interesting thing is Durance's Lois is set for "multiple" appearances in her announcement. Something that I don't recall seeing in the others. I'm curious if Welling's Superman may fill the "Flash" role here being trapped by the Anti Monitor and Durrance ends up with the crew of characters searching for him or something? If he's captured in the first part, in Smallville, it'd obviate the need to have him in the costume if he truly doesn't want to wear it.
    Keep in mind: Wolfman is writing part of this. The most important chapter. And was likely therefore in the WritersÂ’ Room. And he knows all the ins and outs.

SupergirlÂ’s death happened because Wolfman wanted to kill Earth-1 Superman and couldnÂ’t because DC was having cold feet on whether to go ahead with ByrneÂ’s reboot.

Chris Claremont and Wolfman coordinated an alternate reboot contingency where Earth-2 Superman just wipes the gray out of his hair, scrubs off old age makeup, and takes over as Superman and the universe folds him in as a modern Superman opposite modern Lois.

I can see a scenario where RouthÂ’s KC Superman and the others all die but when the dust clears, in the revised/merged timeline, you have a non-aged up Routh as the new earthÂ’s Superman in a composite costume.

Routh was shocked that he was let go as Ray. One reason is because the characters could all do casting musical chairs. ThereÂ’s less to be lost from this with Arrow ending and LoT being a weird show where they routinely are aware of deleted timelines.

If I had to pick a few predictions:

Tom Cavanaugh can play Harrison Wells. Not Thawne as Wells. Not alternate Wells. Just Wells.

IÂ’d lean towards JWS being Jay Garrick and old Nora Sr. playing Joan. New actors as Hank and Nora Sr.

Carlos Valdes has been back and forth on staying. Last season felt like they wrote him out. I feel like he could be back only through COIE for a more epic sendoff. But the writers like writing Cisco so use COIE to handwave a recasting on the merged earth after CarlosÂ’ Cisco gets an epic death,

Big opportunity to reset Firestorm.

Possibly a chance to recast Cat Grant. Supergirl has drifted without the character and I feel like there are other actresses whoÂ’d be good. I can think of about four Buffy TV actresses whoÂ’d make a great Cat Grant.

With Jimmy leaving, also a chance to rework him and/or Winn. A more traditional Jimmy could fill both voids.

Batwoman likely doesnÂ’t need a lot of tinkering but a reworked Superman could be nice as he could be an old friend of BruceÂ’s Kate has interactions with, a kind of tense friendship, maybe even a bit of a Joe West/Detective Lance presence or, really, more like JWS has been on Flash as a sporadic father/uncle figure.

Great opportunity to reposition things for spinoffs. With DCÂ’s app looking shaky, bring Stargirl over to CW and have JWSÂ’s Jay as part of her JSA family?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Me too...

I agree. Especially when we need more quality Superman stories. I'd prefer a Superman and Family show if it was animated, but live action, not sure. I don't need to see Clark as a secondary character AGAIN. We need a real Superman movie or show.

After a few years of quality stories, I wouldn't mind a super son. It'd be good character development AS LONG as Superman is still the main dog in his universe. Use the kid well to enrich and expand the Superman mythos, NOT to put him down..
    I don’t know if he needs to be a secondary character. I don’t have kids but I found Superdad to be more relatable because he has more friends/family interactions and has enough on his plate to make him tired. The Loeb era did similar really by neither focusing much on Clark in the workplace or Superman on the job but by centering Superman on a “friends and family” space in his life, where Lois and John Henry could mingle. That’s a great CW ensemble thing.

Superman based out of the Steelworks, aided by Lois, John Henry, Natasha, Hamilton, Ma, and Jon. With Perry relegated to a part more like Singh’s and Luthor more like Thawne’s level of presence. Not the kid as the main character but a touch more like Black Lightning where being a dad is part of what he juggles.

Superman is the star but his personal relationships are in focus.

Retired

Since they're planning to introduce Ryan Choi, I imagine Ray will hand over the size and weight control belt to Ryan before Haircut makes the ultimate sacrifice. I don't think they're going to put Ryan Choi on the LEGENDS OF TOMORROW--even though they might need some new blood on the team, if they keep losing cast members--and THE FLASH seems the more likely place for him to go. That then fills the position that Cisco holds, so Carlos Valdes can make his exit also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Him being "Superdad" wouldn't have to mean Superman is secondary. It could be just an ensemble cast, with the three of them (Lois, Jon, and Clark) as mains. Maybe some episodes focus more on one or two, but most are central with all three.

That's what I'd like to see, anyway.

But, yeah - no jobbing to Kara. It does her a disservice as much as it does him, at the end of the day.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

As long as they don't bring back the Lois from Superman Returns, I'm happy. I think we can all agree she was one of the worst versions of Lois Lane in live action. Beyond the truly bad story and script they saddled her with, Kate Bosworth had all the charisma of a wet paper bag in the role.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

What if Routh's Superman just stays on as Superman in legends of tomorrow? It'd get me to actually watch it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What if Routh's Superman just stays on as Superman in legends of tomorrow? It'd get me to actually watch it.
    Yes. Also, yes.

*pause*

I said yes, right?

Only trouble I see is how little they used Firestorm to make things more equal, narratively.. it means that they'd come up with something to keep him "in check," so he'd be a bit lessened on the show. If they can find a way to not do that, I'm all in.
    Last edited by JAK; 09-29-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Routh is leaving the show in general, along with his wife, so I don't think that's in the cards.

I also don't think Superman would be a good fit on LoT unless they de-powered him. And then they'd probably just write him like Ray.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Only trouble I see is how little they used Firestorm to make things more equal, narratively.. it means that they'd come up with something to keep him "in check," so he'd be a bit lessened on the show. If they can find a way to not do that, I'm all in.
    Maybe make him a big homage to the golden age since he's already billed as the "old Superman"? So like all he has are golden age level powers. Maybe during Crisis he has his Kal-L moment where he just absolutely unloads on the Anti-monitor with everything he's got and then some, and the strain "breaks" his powers.

That would allow the possibility for him to get power boosted to where he should be down the line with some nondescript rehab time, or against a really tough dude when he's really digging for it, but for the most part he's golden age.

And having him jokingly complain about how "this used to be a whole lot easier" could play into his whole "I'm the old Superman" deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Routh is leaving the show in general, along with his wife, so I don't think that's in the cards.
    I keep up with literally none of this, so I'll take your word for it. It'd be cool though. I just wanna see the dude play Superman now.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Maybe make him a big homage to the golden age since he's already billed as the "old Superman"? So like all he has are golden age level powers. Maybe during Crisis he has his Kal-L moment where he just absolutely unloads on the Anti-monitor with everything he's got and then some, and the strain "breaks" his powers.

That would allow the possibility for him to get power boosted to where he should be down the line with some nondescript rehab time, or against a really tough dude when he's really digging for it, but for the most part he's golden age.

And having him jokingly complain about how "this used to be a whole lot easier" could play into his whole "I'm the old Superman" deal.
    The only way I see him working is they de-power him to Golden Age power levels, but even then he still might seem a little redundant with Steel.
    I keep up with literally none of this, so I'll take your word for it. It'd be cool though. I just wanna see the dude play Superman now.
    To be honest, I expect each of the Supermen to get their "CW, give _____ their own Superman show" moment in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I also don't think Superman would be a good fit on LoT unless they de-powered him. And then they'd probably just write him like Ray.
    They should really just do a miniseries adaption of Kingdom Come. Make it for HBO Max!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They should really just do a miniseries adaption of Kingdom Come. Make it for HBO Max!
    The Arrowverse shows need to have SOMETHING to tease for next year, right?

Kingdom Come as the next crossover? Whatever comes next, it can’t reasonably be another Crisis.

Final Night? Underworld Unleashed? Go for broke and make it based on DC and Funko’s Primal Age with Barbarian heroes? Bruce Wayne returns?