Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why hasn't someone done that yet? Who owns the rights to The Shadow? Is that it, a rights issue? Because otherwise, either a streaming Shadow series or a movie would seem like a no brainer.
    I believe Condé Nast own's the rights to the character.

Dynamite was the last company I'm aware of that had licensed the character for comic book use.
    Anthony Tollin's Sanctum Books had been reprinting the old The Shadow pulp magazine stories, but I thought Condé Nast had ended that licensing agreement with Sanctum Books in the last +/-year or so?

Incredible Member

Didn't the Shadow already had a movie starring Alex Baldwin?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wouldn't mind a period movie starring The Shadow, either.

I'd go with somebody other than Alec Baldwin this time, however. He's probably a bit too old for the part these days.

Incredible Member

I have always thought Dr. Fate would be a cool movie. So long as they avoid
    trying to make it a humorous movie, they need to take the character seriously.

Any of these ideas could work. They just can't get lost in the origins of the
    superhero.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I have always thought Dr. Fate would be a cool movie. So long as they avoid
    trying to make it a humorous movie, they need to take the character seriously.

superhero.
    I did too, but the problem I now have with Dr. Fate in a movie is that someone, (Brosnan in Black Adam), is going to have to try and top Cumberbatch's Dr. Strange, who has rather stolen a march on Fate, and given audiences a great funny character who can do drama. Given what expectation will now be, and that if Brosnan just riffs on Cumberbatch he'll be written off as an inferior copy, it's hard to see how Brosnan or any future Dr. Fate actor will play it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    superhero.
    I don't understand the distaste for origin movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It all depends on how many "origin movies" certain characters have had over time.

Also, some comic book fans seem to be a bit elitist when it comes to movies covering territory that has been already covered multiple times in the comic book stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think the distaste came from repeated origin stories (Bats, Spiderman, Superman). At least that's where mine came from, another thing I've heard is they're usually formulaic and safe.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

A Plastic Man movie is LONGGGGGG overdue.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think the distaste came from repeated origin stories (Bats, Spiderman, Superman). At least that's where mine came from, another thing I've heard is they're usually formulaic and safe.
    Batman only got one origin movie in Begins. There were well over 30 years between Superman and Man of Steel. They don't really have that many origin stories on film, few and far between really. Spider-Man sure, he got two in a little over a decade. Still, wouldn't call it repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Yeah, 27 years ago.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm thinking:

Crime/Noir - Sandman Mystery Theatre would be AMAZING!
    Western - I still think a Jonah Hex movie done right could be great. (Forget the travesty shat upon us already)
    Horror - Ragman is another low key DC character that would play well.
    Super-hero - Booster Gold would be fantastic and give a great opportunity to show people other various DC characters and universes.
    Space opera - Can't decide on either Omega Men or Adam Strange. Both could be great.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I did too, but the problem I now have with Dr. Fate in a movie is that someone, (Brosnan in Black Adam), is going to have to try and top Cumberbatch's Dr. Strange, who has rather stolen a march on Fate, and given audiences a great funny character who can do drama. Given what expectation will now be, and that if Brosnan just riffs on Cumberbatch he'll be written off as an inferior copy, it's hard to see how Brosnan or any future Dr. Fate actor will play it.
    yeahh many DC characters lag behind with their similar characters on other company. But I think Black Adam movie gonna take very serious tone

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm thinking:

Crime/Noir - Sandman Mystery Theatre would be AMAZING!
    Western - I still think a Jonah Hex movie done right could be great. (Forget the travesty shat upon us already)
    Horror - Ragman is another low key DC character that would play well.
    Super-hero - Booster Gold would be fantastic and give a great opportunity to show people other various DC characters and universes.
    Space opera - Can't decide on either Omega Men or Adam Strange. Both could be great.
    Good choices all!

Green Arrow starring Charlie Hunnam. Ill keep saying that till the day I die.

Hunnam was the main character in Sons of Anarchy. A few years ago during a interview the host asked Hunnam about the Green Arrow role and Hunnam replied looking right in the camera "DC call me". Charlie looks just like Green Arrow/Oliver Queen.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime