Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Pick a DC character for a stand alone movie

With Joker coming out, what other DC characters would you like to see get their own one shot movies? I'd like to see a Zatanna movie. The premise is that her father disappeared when she was a child and she's been studying magic to try and find him. The main villain can be someone like Felix Faust or some other magic based villain. Or they could even do a Justice League Dark movie with Gal Godot as WW leading them.
    Assassinate Putin!

A Vixen movie. Basically an expanded version of her CW series.

Swamp Thing - This is kind of self explanatory. I mean, it's freaking Swamp Thing.
    John Constantine - He's never had a live action movie before, and he'd be perfect for a mature movie. Never had a movie before. Any rumors to the contrary are wrong.
    Steel - My favorite black superhero needs some love. Hasn't had a movie since the 90s with Shaq!
    Superboy - Clark Kent version, sneak in that beautiful Super-reboot baby!
    Catwoman - She deserves a second chance after that last...you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A Vixen movie. Basically an expanded version of her CW series.
    Nah, much as I like that version, I prefer the CW stuff be its own thing, and the films another.

The Silencer - I mean, come on ! She's basically John Wick, but with her family alive and she needs to protect them ! Plus, I think that absolute silence in some scene, or playing with the sound could be great. Plus, use her to introduce Leviathan or something !
    Deathstroke - Based on Priest's run, you can make several solo movies with him

Static, Detective Chimp, Hawkman

Extraordinary Member

Sandman - I would love a movie based on Preludes and Nocturnes or especially The Doll's House.

And I will second Mutant God's selection of Hawkman

BANNED

Static, with elements of Dope and Boys in the Hood.

Vixen, with elements of Constantine and Road to Perdition.

Hmmm,

Ragman
    Catwoman
    Scarecrow
    Hawkman and Hawkwoman
    Batgirl
    Poison Ivy
    Raven
    Cyborg
    Starfire
    Nightwing

The Question, no question.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Martian Manhunter, he has everything for a fucking epic movie. And today is a sad day, September 1955 born MM and nobody remembers and still without standalone series or movie...

Should be a semi-well known character, not just a rehash of Batman/Superman. One that people have heard of before, but probably haven't heard that much about.

Possibly one of the CW heroes put to film (Oliver in CW was Batman-lite, after all), with plenty of opportunity for humor.

Mighty Member

Plastic Man or Shade the Changing Man.

Plastic Man is a living cartoon, and it would be interesting to see how far the push/balance that concept visually and otherwise while maintaining the human core of the character.

I think visually Shade the Changing man could be unique to the Superhero genre and an absolute acid trip. I'm thinking somewhere between or exceeding the work of Nicolas Winding Refn and Panos Cosmatos, with maybe some Fear and Loathing sprinkled here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Silencer - I mean, come on ! She's basically John Wick, but with her family alive and she needs to protect them ! Plus, I think that absolute silence in some scene, or playing with the sound could be great. Plus, use her to introduce Leviathan or something !
    Deathstroke - Based on Priest's run, you can make several solo movies with him
    Solid ideas!
    Silencer would be dope, I can’t fathom the scenes, if done right, this could be better than JW

I’d love to see Wally get an solo film.
    I’d also add Jason (Red Hood career obviously) solo film.

An unusual choice, but could be cool, a Lois Lane movie!