Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

"Fraggin Bastiches, and Chewing Bubblegum; The Super Duper Serious Documentary of Lobo"

Spectacular Member

"Warlord". Build off from the assumption that the lost subterranean world in Aquaman is indeed Skartaris, do the classic Travis Morgan origin, and make the whole thing a love-letter to the 70s-80s Sword and Sorcery craze (with a technological twist). Everyone's buff, everyone has skimpy, fairly-accurate to Mike Grell's costume designs (both genders, so for every Mariah and Shakira, you also have Morgan's fur-Barbarian underwear and Deimos' loin cloth), a fair amount of CGI for the dinosaurs and the illusion that it takes place in the center of the Earth, and go nuts! Probably one thing they can play off is Morgan being a man of the modern world, so keep him snarky and outspoken (but in his own way so they won't say he's just copying Jason Momoa's performance).

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The more I think about it, the more a Martian Manhunter movie could be home to a real arthouse film. The beginning could be a slow-burn depiction of Martian culture, where telepathy means very little dialogue beyond echoey words in an Alien language, and the bulk of the emotional bonds between J'onn, his family, and his community are through actions and depictions of their daily life. The whole "blend of science married to religion" is on display through joyous ceremony. But through numerous subtle expressions of worry, jarring telepathic images, and scenes showing J'onn confer with security-types, the ominous threat of the largely unseen white martians persists in the background. Until at last, they attack and it's a dramatically shot, emotionally harrowing genocidal invasion. J'onn is captured after fighting heroically, escapes heroically, only to find nothing left.

Which then brings us to the moment he's teleported through time and space by Dr. Saul Erdel. He touches a human mind for the first time, and starts to read and watch everything he can about human culture in order to assimilate. This is when he finds a way to join a police force with a misfit partner, using his many talents to solve petty crimes, while getting closer to uncovering the existence of Ma'alefa'ak. Or leave the villain out and go a different route, where his enemy is his own sense of grief and he's trying to find himself. Maybe he has to reveal his true self to save his partner and his alien aesthetics scare her, making him feel even more alienated, before reconciling later.

If we're connecting it to the broader universe, then I'd definitely have him see Superman revealed while he's on Earth (assuming the DCEU has a Superman), and it changes everything for him. Maybe he even pays him a visit in Smallville, tries to give his mind a touch, only for Superman to sense him and have a good hard look, before he phases away and eludes his gaze.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Doctor Fate
    Hawkman (Carter Hall)
    Black Canary (kinda based off the DCYou punk rocker)
    Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-08-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Zatanna, Cass Cain (as Batgirl), Deathstroke, Black Canary

Set during the late 1930s . . .

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg, when DC gets their **** together. Otherwise, Jaime Reyes or Martian Manhunter.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Vixen. Globe trotting super model who channels animal powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Set during the late 1930s . . .
    If they do in fact make it as a period picture---yep! A film noir comic book movie would be great. Only The Shadow would work better in that environment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Cyborg, when DC gets their **** together. Otherwise, Jaime Reyes or Martian Manhunter.
    Jaime's already getting a solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    If they do in fact make it as a period picture---yep! A film noir comic book movie would be great. Only The Shadow would work better in that environment IMO.
    I wouldn't mind a period movie starring The Shadow, either.

I'd go with somebody other than Alec Baldwin this time, however. He's probably a bit too old for the part these days.

Extraordinary Member

I'd go with somebody other than Alec Baldwin this time, however. He's probably a bit too old for the part these days.
    Yeah, just a bit.

Incredible Member

Cyborg. people are still talking about and getting emotional about his scenes in Zach Snyder's Justice League. So I would make a It's a Wonderful Life inspired type of movie centered around what he did for the single mother at the bank.

Extraordinary Member

Why hasn't someone done that yet? Who owns the rights to The Shadow? Is that it, a rights issue? Because otherwise, either a streaming Shadow series or a movie would seem like a no brainer.

Ragman

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8