Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The ideal Number of X-books

As you as of right now we have 1 book a week. Once HoX/PoX is over that number will grow into something we are more familiar with.

Personally I think 3 or 4.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    As you as of right now we have 1 book a week. Once HoX/PoX is over that number will grow into something we are more familiar with.

Personally I think 3 or 4.
    It's 7 for me including the solo/solos.

Extraordinary Member

Start with one title. If it sells well, find out what the demand is for. A similar book? Something the opposite? A spin-off featuring characters from a story arc?

I honestly miss the days when we had three unique titles that wove well together but could be read on their own (Uncanny, X-Factor, New Mutants). Get off my lawn.

5-6 + 1 Wolverine ongoing + Limited/Special things
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Six or seven but two of the places are for miniseries that rotate twelve or six numbers.

A main book

B-team book (ex New Mutants, Amazing X-Men)

Student book

Ancillary titles, preferably like two or three (ex X-Factor and X-Force)

Wolverine solo (occasional team-up that uses a lot of underutilized characters like those adventures Logan used to go on with Trance or Elixir)

Maybe one or two minis at any given time

So, at most, 9. Most of the time, 7. Sweet spot, 8.

4 Teams
    A couple of solos

I want

X-MEN (Main Book)
    X-MEN? (Student Book)
    X-MEN... (Kill Squad)
    X... MEN? (Girl Power)
    ZX-MEN! (2099 Relaunch)
    X-MUH (Sinister + Boom-Boom RomCom)
    EL WOLVERINE (He dies in the first issue and the book is about my Dad. I love you, Dad.)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Way back when i was reading x men x force x factor uncanny cable wolverine and picking up minis as they came some times 2 a month...when Gen X and 2099 came out i wasn't thinking that was too many...but the were like half the price back then.

So i would say keep it single digits...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The current DoX books plus the 3 titles I described in the other thread:

New X-Men
    Archangel
    Guardians of Krakoa

Added with a kind of X-Unlimited.

Here is how I see those 3 titles:

I would have a ARCHANGEL solo title. With a great artist and Mike Carey as writer, who will show his full potential as Dark Angel. I would have him work with Charlotte Jones again, because they work well together and have Magma as his partner in crime and Hellion as his kid sidekick. Also use them both to full potential for God-sake. These 3 are shadowy characters between good and bad and I like that. Other cast members could be Doc Cece Reyes in case he need medical support and she could work with him in the field when needed and Cyclops as his adviser.

I would recreate New X-Men, but then with the team act as the new generation of X-Men an no longer being students. Have Kyle and Yost get back to the title thy made great. Have Surge lead the team and as Dust is on the Champions and I am placing Hellion on the Archangel title, replace them both with Indra and Match (So: Surge, Elixir, Mercury, Rockslide, Anole, Match, Indra and X-23).

Finally I would put the missing stars who are not yet on a book (Polaris, Forge, Dazzler, Armor, Hijack, Cuckoos, Frenzy, Blink, Northstar, Firestar) in a title called The Guardians of Krakoa. They are responsible (as the title suggest) to keep Krakoa save. This can be solo stories sometimes, sometimes small squad stories or all of them together. The Five make guest appearances as well. Have DnA be writing this title.

So 10 titles for me
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 09-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you want me to buy all x-books, then four is my ideal number because I buy other books from other publishers.
    1 Main title...X-Men
    2 Secondary titles...Marauders, Excalibur
    1 Ancillary title...New Mutants

I'm not keen on solo titles...unless t's a really new, fresh perspective. Nor do I care for titles in which the characters are already starring in other books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

In my perfect world it would be 8 titles so that we could get 2 options each week. I do like that they started with 6 which for me is a pretty good sampling.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

4 maybe 5

Main book
    Xfactor
    Xforce
    Xcorp
    Student book- Legacy

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

First off I'd like to say that each book has to have it's own mission statement, and that Tycon is right, eight appears to be the magic number.

The current books that will be spinning out of Death of X are pretty great so far, so just add two or three more, and then have a sprinkling of solos and minis.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey