Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Supernatural. I absolutely love the show, but it should have ended after season 5. Would have been a great ending.
    I agree with you. I love the show. But I was pretty much out the door with seasons 6 -7. Purely because it felt like the story was told. However, with season 8, I became reinvested in the show. I think it received new life when Carver became showrunner (who, like Kripke, had a clear direction in mind).

Given the amount of meddling from both sides, the best ending for the show would have been the closing off of the gates to heaven and hell by the Winchesters (all while giving them the finger). Thus mankind would have been left to determine their own fate.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 10-06-2019 at 03:56 AM.

One guy's take on Supernatural...

I tend to think that a lot of the "B" characters past season five(Bobby/Rufus/Crowley/Kevin Tran/Cain/Benny/You Get It) make up for that the show has gone on as long as it has.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take on Supernatural...

I tend to think that a lot of the "B" characters past season five(Bobby/Rufus/Crowley/Kevin Tran/Cain/Benny/You Get It) make up for that the show has gone on as long as it has.
    Bobby and Rufus were introduced well before season five. I'll give you Crowley since he was introduced in season five and has been a constant delight ever since (something we would not have gotten if it had wrapped when it was supposed to do so.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    X-files - endless stupid conspiracy.
    I loved the X-Files. It was one of my favourite shows as a kid. I get that its success meant it was kept on air. So I understand Carter dragging it out somewhat. However, it really should have finished with season five as originally planned and kept to live-action films. The shows narrative is consistently tight from season one up to the end of five.

Where I do blame Carter is with the recent revivals. The guy was given a golden opportunity to finally bring the show to a close and he should have. I know some of the "monster of the week" stuff is considered among the shows best. But only 4 mythology episodes in season 11? No. They should have been all mythology and finally ended it. Now we are back where we were in 02 and again in 08.