Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Isn't the current iteration of the Hall of Justice basically just a public storefront, with the actual HQ being elsewhere?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Apparently Batman has a prison directly under it, and at least some of the trophies are legit; not copies (Snyder's JL makes mention of this and Bruce saying something like "if anyone thinks they can get this stuff let them try"). And a lot of the decisions and action seems to happen in the Hall, rather than the Watchtower or wherever else. So I'd say that yeah, the League decided that it was a good idea having a public headquarters in a populated city, and filling that headquarters with tourists and dangerous items.

Not very smart at all.

I've always thought the League should make use of everything. Have the Hall of Justice for the tourists, but keep it empty of anything actually important. Have the satellite in orbit, have the Watchtower on the moon. Put the dangerous stuff in one of those.

Of course, if the League was half as smart as they're supposed to be, I feel like they would've cleaned up the whole planet by now and crime would be virtually extinct. Gotham, at the very least, wouldnt be such a sh*t hole. So maybe expecting the heroes to be anything other than reckless is expecting too much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho

Little known, inside the Hall of Justice, was a teleportation tube to the JL Satellite.

Years later the Hall was officially introduced into continuity- - https://i.imgur.com/WaqeKHy.jpg

...as well as the teleportation through it to the Satellite.

Isn't the current iteration of the Hall of Justice basically just a public storefront, with the actual HQ being elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Is the Hall of Justice a good idea?
    So yes as originaly used.

It's just a place (secretly holds the teleporter to the actual Satellite/Watchtower in space) that they otherwise use to maintain a very public and accessible human face and presence to the heroes on Earth.

It's been the case since Super Friends introduced it (to the comics)- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3984261

Although why they would allow Wonder Dog access? LOL!
    As far as actually keeping anything dangerous at the Hall?
    If a current writer filled it with "the most powerful and dangerous objects in the multiverse" anyone could access? That's the current writers own plot induced stupidity.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-28-2019 at 10:36 AM.

I'm pretty sure the JLD use it's basement as an actual HQ.

I don’t recall seeing the satellite or hearing it referenced in a very long time. Has anyone seen it used in the last couple of years? Correct me if I’m wrong but DC may have gotten rid of it and is now just using the Hall of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But if you put it in space then it's basically the Watchtower...
    I don’t recall seeing the satellite or hearing it referenced in a very long time. Has anyone seen it used in the last couple of years? Correct me if I’m wrong but DC may have gotten rid of it and is now just using the Hall of Justice.
    I wish people would distinguish what they mean when they say:

The Satellite; which alone refers to the bronze age/Satellite Era Satellite. Round shape.
    The Watchtower; which refers to the Morrison era, Moon-base tower.
    And the Satellite-Watchtower or Orbiting-Watchtower, which refers to the more modern hybrid of the two. Meaning the Satellite in the shape of a Tower.

But if you just say Satellite, I'm assuming you mean Bronze age one.
    And if you just say Watchtower, I'm assuming you mean the moon-base.

As to the Hall of Justice, whose location is not hidden (see the Sanctuary for that), and not out of reach, but intentionally in public, in the middle of a City.
    As per it's intro above, and re-intro, it's a fine idea as intended, it should only ever be a general meeting place, and house teleporters to the Satellite-Watchtower. And be the safe public face and presence of the heroes on Earth.
    That's what it's for.
    It should not contain "the most powerful and dangerous objects in the multiverse". LOL!

Last edited by Güicho; 09-28-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have never been a fan of bringing the Hall over from the cartoon. I have always thought the Watchtower was a better HQ be it the moon version or the one in orbit. The Hall of Justice brings up to many corny and lame Superfriends memories.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I wish people would distinguish what they mean when they say:

The Satellite; which alone refers to the bronze age/Satellite Era orbiting Satellite. Round shape.
    The Watchtower; which refers to the Morrison era, Moon-base tower.
    And the Satellite-Watchtower, which refers to the more modern hybrid of the two. Meaning the Orbiting Satellite in the shape of a Tower.

But if you just say Satellite, I'm assuming you mean Bronze age one.
    And if you just say Watchtower, I'm assuming you mean the moon-base.

As to the Hall of Justice, whose location is not hidden (see the Sanctuary for that), and not out of reach, but intentionally in public, in the middle of a City.
    As per it's intro above, and re-intro, it's a fine idea as intended, it should only ever be a general meeting place, and house teleporters to the Satellite-Watchtower. And be the safe public face and presence of the heroes on Earth.
    That's what it's for.
    It should not contain "the most powerful and dangerous objects in the multiverse". LOL!

I didn't know there's a difference. I automatically imagine it as the satellite tower, and its name is the Watchtower.

The Watchtower was destroyed at the end of Priest’s Justice Lost arc which transitioned from Hitch’s JL Rebirth run to Snyder’s JL run. The Hall of Justice is the actual HQ of the Justice League for the moment.

Snyder wanted to break with the “gods watching over us” vibe and have the JL on Earth to showcase their more human side and to show that they’re much more approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Watchtower was destroyed at the end of Priest’s Justice Lost arc which transitioned from Hitch’s JL Rebirth run to Snyder’s JL run. The Hall of Justice is the actual HQ of the Justice League for the moment.

Snyder wanted to break with the “gods watching over us” vibe and have the JL on Earth to showcase their more human side and to show that they’re much more approachable.
    Thank you! I could’ve sworn that something happened to the satellite but couldn’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have never been a fan of bringing the Hall over from the cartoon. I have always thought the Watchtower was a better HQ be it the moon version or the one in orbit. The Hall of Justice brings up to many corny and lame Superfriends memories.
    Agreed. I get a wink here or there for nostalgia but too actually bring something in from that cartoon is going way too far. Just put them in space. Way cooler and practical.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But if you put it in space then it's basically the Watchtower...
    But then it's still harder to get to. If you're going to keep a bunch of dangerous super-weapons, putting them in what is essentially the Smithsonian isn't the best idea.
    Assassinate Putin!

I've always liked the trophy room idea and the Watchtower aspects of the Justice League headquarters, but don't mind a Hall of Justice on Earth too that provides a meeting place and space for the heroes and some of their support staff, which I think they should have.

The Watchtower should house some of their dangerous trophies and I think ARGUS would be proactive in collecting artifacts and weapons and hold other individuals in their Red and Black Rooms and the Circus, respectively. I can see the Hall having some specialized cells as well for captured supervillains before they are transferred to Belle Reve, the Phantom Zone, Blackgate, Iron Heights, Transformation Island, Arkham, Stryker's Island, or the Sciecells of Oa.

I guess I want a blend of uses for the different facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...p-town/fu44469
    OT, but anyone know the scale on this?
    Not a fan of the Funko Pops (never bought one), but I would consider this to display Super Powers figures in front of, pending the scale, if it's actually bigger than the original yellow SP one?
    It'll be smaller than the old SP playset. If I had to guess, it'll be roughly the same height as the Pop, perhaps a tiny bit taller but not much (I think Pops are around 3"). However, the old SP figures are around 4 inches, if memory serves, so they'd still look cool posed in front of this I'd say.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It's a good PR piece, though I wouldn't put anything important in there.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It'll be smaller than the old SP playset. If I had to guess, it'll be roughly the same height as the Pop, perhaps a tiny bit taller but not much (I think Pops are around 3").
    Ok, don't know why, I thought they were bigger, I guess I've only ever glanced at walls of them and never actually scrutinized one out of the box.
    So would that one in the pic be about the scale he'd be next to the Hall?
    Cause yeah that Hall would be much smaller than I thought.
    Thanx for the info!