23 62.16%
  • Manifest Destiny

0 0%
  • Regenesis

0 0%
  • ResurrXion

1 2.70%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I doubt we’d get any of the substantial elements of this run adapted — especially not the resurrection stuff, but also probably not the pan-mutantism under Xavier, etc. but I could seem them doing Krakoa is place of Genosha from the get-go, or have Xavier befriend Krakoa at the end of an initial conflict with the island.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Astonishing's lineup would be good, with the addition of other mainstays like Storm and Iceman, even though some might be minor participants in the movie. But it would be weird for it not to have Jean Grey from the get-go, I think it would confuse audiences.
    The whole astonishing team is no for first movies. It only worked because Whedon used conitnuity to do character beats.
    Sure take Jean out when we get mCU owuld suck, and I don't even see Marvel caring for Cyclops for he being the leader.
    Storm or another female character would be the leader

Austen X-Men

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

If they did a play by play remake of the 1991 Jim Lee/Claremont Adjectiveless Opener, but with a few more characters, then it's movie gold. That book plays like a blockbuster

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Whedon's Astonishing X-Men feels like a good fit for the tone MCU usually goes for.

Also a pretty good base lineup: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Beast, Kitty. You can mix it up a bit like maybe Jubilee instead of Kitty or adding Rogue but it's a good template to work with
    Bendis said he was still working on the "143" script back in February, after the Fox/Disney merger. Kitty being the first X-Men introduced could be one of the ways the X-Men are introduced, which would be a way to lead into Astonishing X-Men with elements of different plots added rather than the mutant cure. But the feel of Astonishing X-Men seems right for the MCU.

The merger closed in March. There's been no indication since that 143 is alive.