0 0%
  • Regenesis

0 0%
  • ResurrXion

1 2.70%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    There's more to X-Men than just the team, as you can apply that one a wide scale due to its size. Example:

If they get to X-23, what about Innocence Lost?

I would like a truer take with her as somewhat older, a martial artist, with a trigger scent, who eventually becomes a superhero of her own. I really did like the Logan one, but they took some liberties for sure, and I'm not sure if that's the ideal take for a definitive superhero shared universe. Might be best to remove the "teen prostitute" element though. Besides, seeing as how X-23 was made in '00s, it's safe to say that's where you can draw from easiest. I'd go with a Disney+ series that distills Innocence Lost, then has her join the Academy. Where they go from there, who knows.
    I disagree about omitting NYX. ESPECIALLY in the wake of #MeToo and the increased scrutiny on consent and the treatment of women. Laura is one of a couple characters who would be highly relevant for exploring a very serious real-world issue, especially because Laura post-Innocence Lost is EXACTLY the sort of person that traffickers preferentially target. Frankly, I wish even the comics would stop dodging around it and just tackle it head-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Not necessarily a specific book, but it would be cool to see more mutants from the New X-Men in the films (New X-Men #23, 2006):

I think they should approach this as a series, sort of like how I was doing New Class.

I decided to not put HoXPoX on the poll just because it hasn’t finished yet. And so far it not really made much of an arc, just a lot of cool worldbuilding montages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree about omitting NYX. ESPECIALLY in the wake of #MeToo and the increased scrutiny on consent and the treatment of women. Laura is one of a couple characters who would be highly relevant for exploring a very serious real-world issue, especially because Laura post-Innocence Lost is EXACTLY the sort of person that traffickers preferentially target. Frankly, I wish even the comics would stop dodging around it and just tackle it head-on.

I think they should approach this as a series, sort of like how I was doing New Class.
    Yeah but would the MCU be willing to do that? I feel like some things tend to get lost when trying to make an accessible universe meant for wide viewing. The Netflix series could do that, as could Marvel TV on Hulu, but they are MCU in-name only and I'd rather they not isolate X-23 from the rest of the 'verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You say that like it was bad. I mean, it can be bad, because later writers tried to emulate Claremont and only made things worse (the '10s dork age in general). But the point is: Astonishing X-Men reconstructed X-Men in modern setting while being a throwback to the age of Claremont. I feel like that's what MCU X-Men will want to aim for.
    Also worth noting that this thread is about what you expect, more than what you want. I might love for them to do, like, Generation Hope, but I’m not expecting that.

Is there anything going against Astonishing X-Men?

That is too adult for a pg-13 movie

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I decided to not put HoXPoX on the poll just because it hasn’t finished yet. And so far it not really made much of an arc, just a lot of cool worldbuilding montages.
    I would not be surprised if they at least took the name...

Infact they could make a trilogy
    House of X
    House of M
    Power of X
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yeah, I think it would be a great opportunity if they at some point did a show centered on the mutant students at Xavier's school and used the New X-Men as an inspiration. Dawson's Creek-esque teen drama is just ripe for TV series. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Not necessarily a specific book, but it would be cool to see more mutants from the New X-Men in the films (New X-Men #23, 2006):

wel serie or movie giving the new x men een spotlight in mcu wel mean that more people may get intrest in new x men and marvel wel get them out of limbo zo thas a win for me

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    So many of these stories, in their own way, are like remixes/subversions/homages to earlier stories, so it would be interesting to see them attempted straight away without a foundation, though they could probably get away with it since the foundation is the basic cultural awareness most of the audience would bring to it.

They could totally go straight into a heavily simplified House of X, though. Spend the first act doing a spin on Giant Size #1, except we get half the team recruited to rescue what ends up being the rest of the movie lineup from Krakoa. Spend the rest of the movie on a Sentinel plot (maybe with an element of God Loves Man Kills.) Then, like the silver age story resolved by convincing the Sentinels to fight the sun because it’s the source of mutations, the climax of this one has them convincing the Sentinels to fight the biggest mutant on earth, Krakoa. Using Xavier and/or Jean’s psychic rapport with the island (hinted at but not fully explored in their earlier visit) the X-Men defeat the Sentinels and decide to plant their flag, while the humans resolve to get serious about this shocking display of power.

The second movie could do a version of the assault on the Orchis orbital base in the first act, leading into a space adventure with the Shi’ar.
    I think there is a good chance they are going to start with House of X to sync up with the comics a bit. Everyone at Marvel seems really excited about all the positive press they are getting from House of X, so to incorporate that into the movies would be a pretty nice PR win.

It's hard to say though, they don't seem to be in a hurry to get the X-Men up and running, there are casting rumours being thrown around but nothing more than that at this point.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think they would use many of these books to be honest. Somethings from Whedon maybe

I think Ultimate X-Men is likely to influence the movies, also the Astonishing run and New X-Men run as well. Definitely some Claremont stuff sprinkled in. The MCU has been great at mixing up different aspects of popular stories and making it work on film. I expect that trend to continue.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

If there's a god, then none.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think Ultimate X-Men is likely to influence the movies, also the Astonishing run and New X-Men run as well. Definitely some Claremont stuff sprinkled in. The MCU has been great at mixing up different aspects of popular stories and making it work on film. I expect that trend to continue.
    Ultimate X-Men, if I’m being honest, well, I don’t remember it very well. So I can’t say what I’d think they’d take from it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ultimate X-Men, if I’m being honest, well, I don’t remember it very well. So I can’t say what I’d think they’d take from it.
    One of the key differences is that mutants were the result of human genetic experimentation. IIRC the Weapon Plus project was involved somehow.