0 0%
  • Regenesis

0 0%
  • ResurrXion

1 2.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Mutants on Krakoa might be a great new status quo but I think it betrays essential brand pillars: persecution, ostracism and the dream of assimilation.

Having superpowered persons as part of a foreign state with a difficult governing body is the Inhumans.
    Life in comics can have its complexities in interweaving the good with the bad and ugly too. I’m sure the ugly aspects of persecution will still be shown, but as well as the good in the chance for many mutants to live relatively decent and comfortable lives, as opposed to living very painfully hopeless lives in fearing everyday that the world will come crashing down on them like a dinosaur stomping on an ant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The school feels way too natural to do, and now too integrated into the comics to ignore. It just makes way too much sense. Plus, Fox with their messy continuity and focus on Wolverine meant it wasn't even important. They can do all sorts of fun stuff with the school setting.
    Yeah, and without the school they'd be missing opportunities for branching out into all sorts of things. Like a TV show featuring the new mutants from Academy X, for example. Of course, the school might be just a background element in the movies, explored in full detail on Disney+.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Having superpowered persons as part of a foreign state with a difficult governing body is the Inhumans.
    I agree. The Krakoan nation is probably temporary, though. If I'm not mistaken, in the future shown in an issue of HoX/PoX, it was destroyed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    None. Hickman is here to revamp the X-men for a reason. I’m betting the current comic book “Krakoa” status quo will feature heavily into their MCU set up, to make it feel very differentiated from the FOX films.
    I really doubt it is for MCU, it is a complicate that only has weight because of years of publication
    it can be adapted, but as introduction it simply doesn't work

I could see them kinda splicing Krakoa, Utopia, and the School setup together. Like, the X-Men are on Krakoa, but it's a school and not a nation, and it isn't in the middle of the Pacific, but right in the San Francisco Bay.

Supernovas!

Rogue team obvious. Epic cinematic moment with the words

XMEN! ENGAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I could see them kinda splicing Krakoa, Utopia, and the School setup together. Like, the X-Men are on Krakoa, but it's a school and not a nation, and it isn't in the middle of the Pacific, but right in the San Francisco Bay.
    Nah, I feel like Krakoa is something big to lead up to later. I do wonder where the X-Men will be based. I like Westchester for classic value, but San Francisco works too if they want a different feel. Though, the Ant-Man films being set there might be a strike against it in that regard.

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men feels like a good fit for the tone MCU usually goes for.

Also a pretty good base lineup: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Beast, Kitty. You can mix it up a bit like maybe Jubilee instead of Kitty or adding Rogue but it's a good template to work with

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Whedon's Astonishing X-Men feels like a good fit for the tone MCU usually goes for.

Also a pretty good base lineup: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Beast, Kitty. You can mix it up a bit like maybe Jubilee instead of Kitty or adding Rogue but it's a good template to work with
    That is a 100% white team. And It simply doesn't work a super new universe

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is a 100% white team. And It simply doesn't work a super new universe
    That's why it says it works as a base. Of course Storm will be there and you can swap people like Logan or Beast with other characters

That's why it says it works as a base. Of course Storm will be there and you can swap people like Logan or Beast with other characters
    Storm being the token isn't good also. You need a very diverse and more dinamic team to work

Leaving Armor off the Astonishing lineup is a weird choice.

Astonishing's lineup would be good, with the addition of other mainstays like Storm and Iceman, even though some might be minor participants in the movie. But it would be weird for it not to have Jean Grey from the get-go, I think it would confuse audiences.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I can see them trying to adapt Morrison or Whedon. But, if they adapt Morrison I would want them to first make a, or some, movies that set up the history of Genosha. And I would like them to firmly ground the X-Men movies on Earth and the core concept of a "world that hates and fears them" before a movie that takes them to space.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Astonishing's lineup would be good, with the addition of other mainstays like Storm and Iceman, even though some might be minor participants in the movie. But it would be weird for it not to have Jean Grey from the get-go, I think it would confuse audiences.
    I think Jean would be a fun add to the Astonishing line-up.

I might swap out Beast, honestly, or at least I wouldn’t be surprised if Marvel Studios did. As we see with Spider-Man, they seem to try to avoid characters that have been done over already, and the First Class-line of movies had a lot of Beast to them.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I could see Krokoa influencing the (likely) inevitable MCU mutant nation story but I wouldn’t expect something like that out the gate. It’s something that needs to be built up to in order to get the most mileage from it imo.