Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of A

Exclamation Dawn of A

Just a bit of fun fanwork here.

Imagine Marvel decides to give the Avengers line a big relaunch in the template of Dawn of X. Let’s go with six books to match, for simplicity’s sake. What what you do?

I’m not going to bother saying what my House of A / Powers of A books would be, that’s perhaps too much thinking for this time of day, but...
    1. Shining Avengers — this is the main book, the big heroes, the smiling faces, the shining examples of heroism for the world.
    2. Shadow Avengers — This would be the Avengers analogue to X-Force, the new CIA tinged version, not a kill squad. More Secret Avengers and Strikeforce than Dark Avengers. (You could honestly just call this the Ultimates, or Strikeforce, or Force Works, but I like new adjectives and this pairs well with the one I want for the main book)
    3. Zodiac — inspired by DoX taking the Marauders name and repurposing it, this would be a book of a bunch of Avengers and Avengers aligned characters coming together at the call of Leonardo do Vinci. Like the Zodiac we saw in Secret Warriors, it would be a mix of heroes and unheroic characters. The one thing I’d do is avoid putting former Illuminati members on the team. I’d also branch out beyond your standard super characters: Okoye, Count Nefaria, Victoria Mantesi, an eclectic mix of people you can buy being in a secret cabal.
    4. Liberators — a reworking of the Lady Liberators with a less corny name. I’d make the name more literal and also give it a cosmic slant, having it been an interdimensional/interstellar team of freedom fighters.
    5. Next Avengers — I think I’d have this as a new version of Avengers Academy / the Initiative. It would be something like a youth program or summer camp in that you’d have one generation of young heroes as a mentor to even younger generations. Young Avengers mentoring the Champions, for example.
    6. Thunderbolts — I like the thunderbolts

Part of me does want to rework this so less books have “Avengers” in the title.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-28-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Not bad, but not sure if they "need" this kind of push like the X-Men do. They do, however, need better stories because their current state under Aaron is eh. I could accept this if they get someone as talented as Hickman, like Al Ewing, to be the architect. Even still, here's how I'd handle something like this.

Before the initiative, I'd establish the Avengers as going into an "Unlimited" scenario. Think like Justice League Unlimited. A massive organization with different powers and skillsets, rather than just a team. That's the best way to do an initiative like this, similar to how all of Dawn of X is connected to each other.
    1. The Avengers -- Main title. This is the "hub" where all Avengers-related characters can appear, but doesn't have a solid roster because the focus varies.
    2. Thunderbolts -- A retool of the villain-based title. It's where various former villains, criminals and anti-heroes join in order to gain legitimacy, and be recognized as Avengers.
    3. Global Initiative -- The Avenger's international team, who take part in heroics across the world. Has a spotlight on a multinational team that communicates with the main Avengers, a large cast, and a major comedic slant. Inspired by Justice League International. Starring Hawkeye (Clint Barton) and Ant-Man (Scott Lang) as our American surrogates, as well as various international heroes like Red Guardian (Russian), Shuri (Wakandan), Aero (Chinese), a new Warbird (a powered European supermodel inspired by Carol Danvers who wears a variant of the iconic leotard), a new Union Jack (British), Le Peregrine (French), and Daytripper (German), among others.
    4. Young Avengers -- Another retool. School for young heroes training to become the next Avengers, and the answer to Xavier's Academy in Krakoa. The mentors and leaders are former Young Avengers, and they get up to adventures of their own. Starring Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye II and Stature, with recurring appearances by the other Young Avengers like Speed and Patriot, with a bunch of new characters.
    5. Division-A -- The black ops arm of the Avengers, who do very dangerous and/or politically sensitive missions. Has a focus on stealth, costumes are black and secretive, and there's less flashy superpowered action. My idea for the first mission? Infiltrating Krakoa!
    6. Avengers Quest -- The cosmic-faring Avengers, who go across space to represent Earth in various conflicts and extend the reach of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and to keep aware of any possible cosmic threat that looms.

I realize now I’d miscounted the number of books in Dawn of X haha.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm enjoying PoX/HoX as much as the next guy, but I think "separating the story into two different books" is flawed from a creative and price standpoint. What I would like instead is to perhaps have a ten or so 50-60pg issues (for maybe $6.99). The plot/goal of the book itself would be something like solidifying a "core" roster outside of the originals and make it more cohesive, while nixing the off-shoots like West Coast, Great Lakes, etc.. But if you need your separate teams, there could be a space-based group so all the heavy-hitters like Blue Marvel can have something to do.

Extraordinary Member

East - Led by Cap
    West - Led by Hawkeye
    Secret - Led by Mockingbird
    Young - Led by Patriot

Champs and T-Bolts (Led by US Agent and Songbird) would be outside the Avengers teams.

Champs? Don't you mean Force Works? The original Champions were a West Coast team and the modern one are a teen team, so US Agent as leader makes no sense. However, he was a member of Force Works (who was substituted for Hawkeye in the 90s Iron Man cartoon).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There’s no need for anybody’s lineups or concepts here to adhere to preceding iterations.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Champs? Don't you mean Force Works? The original Champions were a West Coast team and the modern one are a teen team, so US Agent as leader makes no sense. However, he was a member of Force Works (who was substituted for Hawkeye in the 90s Iron Man cartoon).
    Champions and T-Bolts are 2 different teams....I put them there to just say they are NOT part of the Avengers organization.

Fantastic Member

Avengers - main title with various people on the roster that always rotating depending on the needs
    West Coast Avengers - west coast team that takes care of the whole west side
    Secret Avengers - black ops team dealing with under the radar threats
    Dark Avengers - the team that deals with supernatural threats
    Avengers Investigations - team that investigates past events and artifacts, objects like the Eternity Mask
    Young Avengers - next generation of heroes made up of teen heroes

Galactic Avengers - Avengers exploring the universe and it's threats like Ewing's Ultimates
    Mighty Avengers - International team
    New Avengers - B-team made up of newer heroes and reformed villains

BANNED

New Avengers- New members strictly no old timers. Lol
    Celestial Avengers: The God Squad
    Avengers of the Supernatural: The paranormal activity investigation unit
    Avengers one million: The Avengers of the future showing avenging never goes out of style
    United Avengers: every species is welcome be they mutant, inhuman, eternal, kree etc.
    The Avengers Squadron: Supreme Justice lol

BANNED

Avengers: The best of the best taking on the biggest global threats. Operating from Avengers Mountain, as they are currently. The Avengers World initiative is relaunched, and various teams spin out from an Avengers Prime one-shot, which has Steve, Tony, Thor, T'Challa, Adam & Janet approaching the respective team leaders to-be for the WCA, A-Force, Young Avengers, Revengers and Midnight Defenders.

Captain America
    Ironman
    Thor
    Black Panther
    Blue Marvel
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision

West Coast Avengers: Primarily street level taking on crime on the West Coast. Comedic tone with plenty of hijinks and rich character interactions. The title would have character-focused issues so that everyone gets a turn in the spotlight.

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Tigra
    Machine Man
    Falcon
    Mockingbird
    Wonder Man
    Ant-Man
    Lightning

A-Force: This time around A-Force operates as the off-world Avengers team.

Captain Marvel
    Spectrum
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Woman
    Hellcat
    America Chavez

Young Avengers: The YA are gifted Avengers Mansion and sanctioned with upholding the values of the Avengers. Billy & Teddy co-lead the team. Robbie Reyes and Viv Vision are chosen specifically by Steve Rogers and the Vision, who feel as if being among peers their own age will do them some good, and allow them to step out from under their mentors.

Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Stinger
    Speed
    Patriot (Elijah Bradley)
    Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
    Viv Vision

Revengers: The Revengers are the hush-hush wetworks team, operating in the deepest underbelly of the MU. They'll infiltrate the deepest criminal organisations, destroying them from within. Bucky & Nat (in a reignited romance) co-lead the team, and struggle to keep the personalities of their crew from compromising their mission.

Winter Soldier
    Black Widow
    Harpy
    Scream
    Moon Knight
    Echo
    Wraith
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Midnight Defenders: Tasked with dealing with the occult, Jericho Drumm seeks out those he thinks can best help him best defend the world.

Brother Voodoo
    Valkyrie (Jane Foster)
    Clea
    Man-Thing
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
    Morbius

I’d like to see a good guy Zodiac team. Why do they always have to be the bad guys? Marvel gives all the Zodiac signs a bad name.

1) Avengers
    2) West Coast Avengers
    3) Secret Avengers
    4) Liberators
    5) Thunderbolts
    6) Squadron Supreme
    7) All New Zodiac

I like the idea of bringing West Coast and A-Force back.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I agree that the Avengers don't really need this push like the X-Men do, but at the same time I think that they could benefit from having some sort of line cohesiveness as well as individual mission statements and talented writing. That said this is all speculative and from the fans, so...

Uncanny Avengers: This team is made up of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes; they're the classic Avengers team, an eclectic mix of heroes from all over coming together to protect the world from all sorts of ridiculous, super-hero inspired threats. This is the premiere superhero team, of course.

Storm
    Iron Man
    Captain Marvel
    Wolverine
    Captain Britain
    Groot
    Black Panther
    Crystal
    Doctor Strange
    The Wasp

The Paragons: This team is about superheroes being, well, the ideal of what people expect of superheroes. Not only do they face off against villains and stop them from doing the unthinkable, but this team has also set out to just... be people. Be good, genuine people. As much as they stop villains they'll also help clean up the damage, help with other mundane tasks, and etc.

Jean Grey
    Captain America
    Monica Rambeau
    Doctor Strange
    Valkyrie (Jane Foster)
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    Lightning

The Defenders: The street level team, like they've been in recent years. They handle the stuff that tends to fall under the radar of the other other heroes - the Hand, stuff involving K'un L'un and, well, anything that isn't universe-shattering enough to be handled by the bigger Avengers teams. They operate in an official capacity compared to the impromptu meet up of last time, and is mixed in with the Heroes For Hire.

Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Iron Fist
    Black Cat
    Daredevil
    Silk
    Shang-Chi

The Darkholders: The veil between the realms of magic and the realms of man have begun to collapse, causing weird, mystical shenanigans to begin to happen around the world; it's up to some of the most practiced users of magic throughout the world to prevent the complete and utter annihilation of the borders in order to stop the world from being overrun by that which it cannot comprehend!

Scarlet Witch
    Ghost Rider (Reyes)
    Magik
    Brother Voodoo
    Sister Grimm
    Loki
    Agatha Harkness

The Thunderbolts: The classic team of villains or rogues that are either redemptive or being forced to work with a shadow organization in order to take care of the seedy underbelly of the superhero world in a way that most other teams under the Avengers umbrella are not exactly willing to. Songbird operates as their handler both on and off the field.

Songbird
    The Juggernaut
    Elektra
    Kuzuri (Akihiro Daken)
    Moonstone
    (Doctor) Octopus
    The Hulk

New Avengers: The next generation of Avengers, consisting largely of sidekicks, proteges, and the like. They operate directly with the Uncanny team, and handle similar threats as them... mixed in with all the interpersonal drama of being heroes aged ranging seventeen to 21, give or take. The team is fairly large but often has a rotating cast.

Wiccan
    Ms America
    Marvel Boy (Teddy Altman)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Viv Vision
    Hellion
    Ms Marvel
    Patriot (Eli Bradley)
    Rainbow (Karolina Dean)
    Speed
    Dust
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Avengers- main book with the big A list Avengers
    Secret Avengers- Team working with government doing secret missions
    Young Avengers- I just like the Young Avengers. Someone needs to give them a book
    Avengers Academy- Re-open the school with instructors. The instructors can be the West Coast Avengers.
    Thunderbolts- book about villains potentially being redeemed but supervised by the Avengers
    Ultimates- Team that deals with more cosmic stuff