Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After a weak Halloween episode (perhaps one of the weakest in years) South Park hit back with its strongest episode yet. As they killed a small time supporting character and tied up the Mexican Joker plot.

I loved the scenes with Rudy Gulliani and them mocking him as a disgrace.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    You can't be sure about how good those priests are... after more than 250 years abuse, one priest testified... congurutulations... lol better late than never i guess... I'm Closed minded... lol your case is like after one guy's years and years of evil, that one guy does a single good deed and all of a sudden he's a saint.
    you probably need therapy. this is way beyond the usual levels of hatred displayed on the internet.

I helped a guy do grad-work in education - and one of the things he learned during his research is that, statistically speaking, you're no more likely to be sexually abused by a priest than you are likely to be abused by a doctor or a school teacher. since teachers outnumber priests by a significant margin... should we then decide that there are no good school teachers? should we get rid of doctors too? sure, priests don't have the level of technical expertise that doctors do... but, at the end of the day, they're just another type of teacher. they merely specialize in teaching about religion.

to put it more dramatically: you're not only throwing the baby out with the bath water and your dancing on it's mutilated and lifeless corpse afterwards.

besides, while it might be possible to trust individuals... as a general rule, you can't trust groups of people.

there have been many cases of doctors, public school teachers, and police officers sexually abusing people and then getting quietly transferred elsewhere. the reason priests stand out more is because people are more likely to learn about it because the Catholic Church has a centralized authority in Rome. with teachers, doctors, and police officers - crimes that take place in one area remain a secret when that offender moves to another area. in some case, doctors could be convicted sex offenders and then they'll just get a job at a prison. I think it was in an old issue of Prison Legal News where they had an article about a doctor who was a convicted sex offender was found practicing medicine at a women's prison. unsurprisingly, a number of inmates complained that he was drugging them and raping them. since the county or district would very much like to avoid a lawsuit they'll fire the offending party and shuffle them off somewhere.. and then that person can reapply for another job somewhere else and start their shenanigans all over again.

to reiterate: the only reason priests look worse than average is because the Catholic Church is a massive network and keeps a paper trail. I think that doctor who finally got busted for raping prisoners had moved around in four different states before he was finally busted for his crimes... and that didn't happen until after the Patriot Act and other post-911 legislation allowed for multiple districts and organizations to share information with each other. the same thing happens with cops who have a habit of shooting minorities. they'll get busted - then they'll move somewhere else and start all over again.

that's the thing, though: people EXPECT priests, doctors, and teachers to be the best of humanity - and sadly, many times they are not. priests are not unique in this area. doctors, teachers, police officers, even fire fighters have demonstrated comparable behavior over the years.

obviously, you're holding on to a very deep-rooted hatred. so I don't expect to change your mind. but, therapy would probably be a good idea. good luck

I think news wise some things to forget to mention about South Park and the next few years...

- Parker & Stone inked a new 3 year deal with Comedy Central that will keep South Park there for til season 26. This is for 30 more episodes.

- Hulu will only keep South Park til June. This past week HBO Max won a bidding war that included 2 other streaming sites (Hulu included) to carry South Park's seasons. The new episodes will show up 24 hours later on the streaming service starting next season. Netflix was involved but dropped out of this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So with a cool month long preview of HULU I signed up to try out South Park season #22. This introduces the long running Tegridy Farms arc which has to be the longest running arc in South Park as its still seemingly running in the latest season. But that last season had a number of HOLY CRAP , South Park went there and didn't care.

The writing out Mr. Hanky seems weird for that given he was a big silly factor early in the shows run. I'm sure he will return eventually.

Last nights episode was pretty much classic South Park for pushing buttons that I'm sure some will say crossed the line . I won't go into detail about the other plot . Its way too controversial to address in a TV/Film board .

But the Board games plot with the kids was solid. The fact Cartman and a few others feel that the girls are too good and beating them so easy at board games was funny to see play out . Then realizing they are just better at it and way more organized for those type of games etc. It was cool to see.

Cartman made an interesting point about how boys will play games to be the characters they are playing.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Watching tonight Pandemic special. I know at times it is fine to poke fun at serious issues. And I know that Trey and Matt often cross a line. But I think making fun of coivd in this manor while people are still dying is in poor taste.

I mean Randy bringing covid back to the usa because he had sex with a Chinese animal. The police being the new teachers because the town defunded the police force so making fun of a very hot topic right now.

This is the dumbest **** in the world.

Edit - And of course the cops as teachers shoot Token the black kid on the first day.

Im done with this show. I loved it up until the last few seasons. Hell i love the Fractured but Whole game. But I am done with this show. it has been declining and this is just too much.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-30-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Its the greatness of the show to take everything the past few months and just juggle it all well. Pandemic Special was South Park at its zaniness crazy with using real life situations to fit the insane characters and moves made. Spoilers below...

-

-

-

-

-

- Randy Marsh only cares about making money and selling his Pandemic Special weed as his weed sales have been through the roof. A fact his wife brings up how terrible he is being as people die. But Randy can only see $$$ until.....

- He learns that during his trip to China last episode he had sex with a bat with Mickey Mouse and somehow he's patient 0 who brought the disease over. Then later learns was another animal him and Mickey had sex with. Then he learns his DNA holds the secrets possibly to develop a cure for Covid.

- Meanwhile Cartman doesn't want to go to school again and the police who were defunded now are teachers who proceed to shoot Token because they are into police brutality. They blame Covid and we get a scene of them taking law & order to absurd heights in school. (running the school like a quarantined prison).

- Funniest scenes is Randy who believes he has to put his DNA in the weed in a ....comical way ...repeatedly.

- President Garrison gives zero fucks and wants the virus to run rampant (echoing current situation were seeing certain governors play out).

- The end parts sees Randy realizing how far he's fallen and lost his family in process as he is ready to tell Sharon how bad he is. President Garrison taunts people to vote ahead as the evil maniac.

Now its said no one knows when exactly the new season will start. This episode was done from their homes and all of them worked awhile on it. But it was good classic South Park as even Stan is losing his mind from this disaster.

And the newest special is now out on Paramount+. I saw it elsewhere. It's not bad. It takes place forty years from now.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    And the newest special is now out on Paramount+. I saw it elsewhere. It's not bad. It takes place forty years from now.
    Its part #1 of what will likely be a major 2 part special.

Well the South Park guys wrapped up a nice 2nd part episode

SPOILERS....

-

-

-

-

- Everyone realizes they have to travel back in time and reset things so the friendship and lives go better for the entire town. Of course Cartman learns that this could change his future as his life has went way better than anyones. He's grown into a good man who turned to becoming Jewish , became a Rabbi and has a wife & 3 kids. So he has to morph into his old self and sets about trying to kill Kyle in the past so he won't push the time travel idea.

- Butters is Victor Chaos , sadly driven into becoming a crazy person who discusses NFT's and has a weird power where he can make people start buying them and losing their savings etc. They find him in mental hospital and Cartman soon hooks up with him , making him snap outta this delusion. He of course gets handled good at the end in a nice way.

- Cartman who as a character who is evil and done a lot of bad things is talked to by his wife. She convinces him to make the big sacrifice and if fate works out they will be together again in reset timeline. Picture Tony Stark doing Endgame and afraid he'll lose everything. Cartman like Tony Stark does it....

- The future is saved....everyone has a happy ending as does the town. In the end ...outside as a homeless drunk bum laying in trash is Cartman. Swearing at everyone there as they feel pity for him. That he never turned his life around. The ultimate reversed Tony Stark where the guy lost it all !

So South Park basically laid out the 1st part of its new 2 parter at Paramount+. Its part of the overall deal to do 14 movies the next 5-6 years. Anyhow the episode was a nice call back and continues to build on South Park creating a continuity ....

-

-

- The 25th season was short (6 episodes) but for a reason as the 2 Movies will bounce it up to 10 episodes essentially. Which gives you the usual 10 episode seasons in past.

That season was the return of one off episodes with no real continuity involved with a couple "key" ones. One was Tolken's dad quitting his expensive job and Randy trying to use him for his Tegridy Farms business. But Tolken's dad gets angry at being used and opens a competing pot farm business across the road.

Then there was an episode that seemingly could have been done in seasons past. Cartman learns his mom has a new job as a realtor which ticks Cartman off. A fact he becomes her competition to win out (as usual against her) and they lose the home. They are forced to live in a Hot Dog fast food location.

- Now the final characters involved are Man Bear Pig and Pi-Pi (owner of Pee Pee's Waterpark). Pi-Pi last showed up in season 13 but is back for the Streaming Wars.

-

- The Streaming Wars has Parker & Stone mock themselves for how South Park's current streaming rights are on 2 platforms. That the quality will go down as one jokes in episode being spread too thin and irk people. But the entire episode is about water streaming rights and the farms owned by Tolken's dad and Randy Marsh (who now is being mocked by everyone , including his family for being a KAREN)

This leads into Tolken's dad realizing big money can be earned by granting some water rights to city off water coming through his farm. The boys themselves start cashing in by helping build small boats by pop-cycles. They begin cashing in as more farmers jump in. And they soon get a huge account for "exclusive streaming rights" by a rich corrupt old man who seems to be the villain of episode.

- Meanwhile Cartman is depressed at his life. How he now lives in a Hot Dog and is miserable. But he discovers a solution. One that is easy to save him and his mom from this. She will get breast implants and get the old guy building a huge home (the corrupt old dude). Ms. Cartman finally stands up to Eric and claims she's always listened to him and no more. That she will not do this.

- Its here Cartman discovers he needs $10 grand for surgery and after the boys believe his mom is sick , let him cash in. They give him the money as his mom again TURNS IT DOWN. Cartman claims he will get them instead ! His mom doesn't give in either.

- The final part of the movie has the old guy found dead. Tolken's dad realizes Man Bear Pig is destroying the supply and stopping water from mountains coming down. Its here he finds all the dead realtors who sold the entire mountain as they didn't realize , someone wanted the water supply.

Its at the end Pi-Pi reveals he's the big villain. He will own the streaming wars and soon replace the towns water supply with pee ! Man Bear Pig is working with him now.

I miss when South Park wasn't behind a paywall.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I miss when South Park wasn't behind a paywall.
    Its the real money now for them. At some point the show will move off cable for good and just run on streaming deals for $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its the real money now for them. At some point the show will move off cable for good and just run on streaming deals for $$$.
    They became the very thing they parodied years ago.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans