Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They became the very thing they parodied years ago.
    They mocked themselves in the special with this. Parker & Stone wanna make money. Its not a crime and streaming rights is the thing now. South Park will exist in future due to these deals they have made.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They mocked themselves in the special with this. Parker & Stone wanna make money. Its not a crime and streaming rights is the thing now. South Park will exist in future due to these deals they have made.
    I never said they were wrong for doing it. They can do whatever they want with it. It's their show. They wanted more money and they got it, even if it's at the expense of their fanbase.

And South Park would have existed even without the Paramount+ deal. Comedy Central would never let that show die, and it's not an expensive show to make. Not to mention they already had a streaming deal with HBOMAX for their older episodes. It's the creation of new material only available to people that shell out for a subscription service that they should rightfully be called out on.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I never said they were wrong for doing it. They can do whatever they want with it. It's their show. They wanted more money and they got it, even if it's at the expense of their fanbase.

And South Park would have existed even without the Paramount+ deal. Comedy Central would never let that show die, and it's not an expensive show to make. Not to mention they already had a streaming deal with HBOMAX for their older episodes. It's the creation of new material only available to people that shell out for a subscription service that they should rightfully be called out on.

I'm sure Comedy Central wouldn't...but Parker & Stone have to cover their bases and we have to remember the past decade the streaming rights have went from Netflix to Hulu to HBO Max in 2020. Its Viacom who wanted the show and gave a $900+ million dollar deal and the idea that in 2025 the show completely will move to Paramount+.

They aren't making the fanbase pay for the streaming services if they don't want it. Fans can choose the new episodes and show library over the specials Paramount+ gets.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They aren't making the fanbase pay for the streaming services if they don't want it. Fans can choose the new episodes and show library over the specials Paramount+ gets.
    The specials are official parts of the season. They are essentially new episodes, regardless of how they market them. If fans want to see a full season, they have to pay out for a subscription service.
    Last edited by Noodle; 06-10-2022 at 07:13 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

South Park last night tied up a plot they ran last season....

-

-

-

- Last season Cartman and his spoiled actions cost his mom her job in a funny episode. This led to her losing their house and them having to live in a Hot Dog location.

- Last night Cartman wanted a job with Butters who worked at an ice cream parlor. Everyone knew Cartman wouldn't work ANYWHERE and even his mom razed him saying he wouldn't last 4 hours.

The scheme he had was to really not work. To basically make his Hot Dog home a Playland with slides and more at the end. Using Butters money as primary investor.

Butters saved the business and then...SOLD IT OUT from under Cartman. But he being kind after he got his money decided to help Cartman and his mom.

He bought their old house back and gave it to Ms Cartman. Who dragged an angry Eric back who wanted to keep Hot Dog place due to what he did.

Unlike the Tegridy storyline that never seems to end...this plot wrapped after so many episodes.