Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lois Lane #4 Preview/Spoiler Discussion

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is it just me or does jon feel like dick here. (from the young justice tv series atleast)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So many interesting things happening on both fronts, the Jon and Lois talk alone is really nice but it's also really cool Rucka manged to make this a question book as much as it's a Lois book, at least for the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is it just me or does jon feel like dick here. (from the young justice tv series atleast)
    Not really. This is how a son and mother interact, don"t see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not really. This is how a son and mother interact, don"t see the issue.
    I meant dick grayson.lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I meant dick grayson.lol!!!
    Jeez you could have specified a bit. Always add the Grayson at the end of Dick, otherwise you"ll confuse people. lol

It's weird to think of Jon as a good-looking teenager now. Or that he looks so much like a teen version of his dad...

Even Renee isn't sure about the continuity issues regarding the Question at this point .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird to think of Jon as a good-looking teenager now. Or that he looks so much like a teen version of his dad...

Even Renee isn't sure about the continuity issues regarding the Question at this point .
    He looks like dick grayson to me. All that's missing is the thiccness of the butt.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

But I'm glad someone of Rucka's skill is the one to tackle that headache.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

God, I love the art on this book! It's so weird the way they drew Jon. He looks a lot like the actor who played teen Clark in the Superman movie. I wonder if the continuity issues are some precursor to some upcoming event.
    Assassinate Putin!

Whelp. I'll give Rucka this. That scene with Jon and Lois was the first genuine smile these comics have gotten out of me ever since Bendis took over. Wrong as everything is now, seeing Lois in mom mode is always great.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The scenes with Jon and Lois were great, but overall this issue came across as filler to me.Instead of digging further into the mystery of why reporters are being killed and what the conspiracy is that got them killed is we got a lot of talking heads and set up for stories taking place elsewhere like Bendis' Legion and Leviathan stories and since I have less than zero interest in either of those it was frustrating to see the book hijacked in favor of tying into those other stories.

Did anyone else think that Lois was implying that Vic came from the pre-flashpoint universe? I had thought that was wiped away with Lois and Clark merging with this continuity but it seemed like the memories might remain.

Wait, is the only variant cover for LOIS LANE #4 that nonsequitor DCeased one?

I'm not impressed with either of these covers.

Is there a second variant cover or is that it for the options?

So, that's it? Jon just leaves. That interaction was everything i knew it would be.Stupid.It didn't disappoint. It didn't feel like jon and lois had much of connection at all. What was the point of it anyways? They should have had jon write a note saying "i am going to the future. May not see you again. Goodbye. Nice knowing you". Why waste an issue of a limited series of character like lois?This should be tackled in superman. If they really wanted to(which i doubt) . Not here. What a waste of panels!!!