Default Various DBZ questions/scenarios

I have a nostalgic soft spot for all things Dragon Ball that keeps me coming back to it despite its flaws. I am hardly an expert like some Rumblers though.

I have always wondered how certain moments in DBZ (super, whatever) would have played out if things were just a bit different.

KEEP IN MIND, I am not looking for Rumbles bloodlust answers. More like a "how would that have gone in character" scenarios.

1: Vegeta went Ozaru Great Ape mode the second the Ginyu Force engaged. How different would that confrontation have played out? Yes, I'm aware he didn't have a tail. Just play along - its all for fun.

2: Vegeta, post Dende healing actually triggers full on Super Saiyan in his confrontation with final form Frieza. How does that play out?

3: Instead of landing a spirit bomb on frieza, Goku goes Super Saiyan at the moment where he originally tried his KKx20 tactic. Does he win? Or was the spirit bomb an essential component in weakening Frieza?

4: Lets say Potara Fusion really is permanent. Vegito defeats Buu and saves the day instead of all the kid buu stuff. Vegito goes on to learn SSJ3 (just in case he hasn't) and keeps training at the rate we saw Goku/Vegeta in the jump from Z to Super. Beerus shows up and challenges him. How different is this fight? How close would a SSJ3 Vegito post time skip be compared to Goku going Red God for the first time?

5: King Vegeta and his attack squad (including bardock) attack 1st form Frieza with a full moon. Does this change anything?

More questions will be added later! ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

With the last one ... Frieza blows up the planet, those that don't die suffocate.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    1: Vegeta went Ozaru Great Ape mode the second the Ginyu Force engaged. How different would that confrontation have played out? Yes, I'm aware he didn't have a tail. Just play along - its all for fun.
    They all know it's thanks to his tail and Oozarus aren't particularly faster, so pretty much any of them just cut it off.

2: Vegeta, post Dende healing actually triggers full on Super Saiyan in his confrontation with final form Frieza. How does that play out?
    It would... probably be a fairly even fight, actually? A much, much stronger Goku struggled with Full Power Freeza, but Vegeta might get as high as roughly even with regular final form Freeza.

So as long as he doesn't get drunk on the moment and let him power-up, he might win.

3: Instead of landing a spirit bomb on frieza, Goku goes Super Saiyan at the moment where he originally tried his KKx20 tactic. Does he win? Or was the spirit bomb an essential component in weakening Frieza?
    Easy win for him, unless he lets Freeza go to his full power in which case it might be a question, but there's no way to know from canon.

4: Lets say Potara Fusion really is permanent. Vegito defeats Buu and saves the day instead of all the kid buu stuff. Vegito goes on to learn SSJ3 (just in case he hasn't) and keeps training at the rate we saw Goku/Vegeta in the jump from Z to Super. Beerus shows up and challenges him. How different is this fight? How close would a SSJ3 Vegito post time skip be compared to Goku going Red God for the first time?
    I'm pretty sure they directly state in canon that fusion wouldn't help against Beerus, and the jump in power from the SSG ritual is so silly that it sounds right.

5: King Vegeta and his attack squad (including bardock) attack 1st form Frieza with a full moon. Does this change anything?
    He blows them all up. None of them were even as powerful as Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Moar questions!

6: Do hybrid human/saiyans actually have more potential then full blooded saiyans or no? Is Gohan an exception or pretty standard indicator? Probably what holds them back most is a different mentality to competition and training is my guess.

7: What is the best speed feat in Z? Super?

8: If Piccolo had learned Kaio Ken from King Kai and knew up to x3 on Namek and x5 in every other fight he's had, what changes?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Moar questions!

6: Do hybrid human/saiyans actually have more potential then full blooded saiyans or no? Is Gohan an exception or pretty standard indicator? Probably what holds them back most is a different mentality to competition and training is my guess.
    I don't think it was ever confirmed that they held more potential, if was just ever Vegeta's theory and then never brought up properly again.

The latest I've heard about anything similar was Toriyama coming up with S-cells (basically Saiyan midichlorians) to explain why some saiyans can become super saiyans and why it happens at such different ages with the main cast.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-30-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I feel like it was referred to somewhere... oh! I think... at some point in the Saiyan saga comics, Nappa suggested breeding with humans to make more powerful children and Vegeta (who was still being played more villainously at that point) was like "but then they'd overthrow us." At that point in time, I believe they more or less stated that it seemed like halfbreeds were freakishly powerful. Not that Nappa has any reason to know Gohan is more than a fluke, mind you. The Broly movie suggests that the current generation of characters were already freakishly strong compared to their predecessors, but that's of dubious canonicity.

I just imagine it as like a liger thing. Like Saiyans have evolved some kind of built in power regulation which resets in life-or-death situations, and hybrids don't have the regulation part so they start coming into the fullness of their power a lot faster but it all kind of peters out at around the same overall limitations.

So as long as he doesn't get drunk on the moment and let him power-up, he might win.
    I could see this, except Frieza was powering up fairly rapidly even while Super Saiyan Goku pummelled him (iirc at one point he states that he's gotten up to around 70%), so Vegeta would have to have a big enough advantage from the outset to stop that from happening.

Since we're speculating, I'd like to say that I think the fact that Frieza was powering up maybe makes Goku's decision to just let him finish tactically sound. DBZ fights basically run on energy attrition, and running himself out of energy is a big part of why Frieza lost. So Goku might have been able to obliterate him before he hit 100%, but if he hadn't, Frieza might have had more gas left than him.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-29-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

More DBZ WHAT IF QUESTIONS! Basing this mostly off of the Anime version but Manga answers are welcome.

1: What if, when Majin Buu was born and had just started fighting Dabura, everyone else present had suddenly joined in for a dog pile?

So Gohan, Supreme Kai, Trunks, Goten and Babidi all realized how scary Buu was and started fighting moments after Buu landed his first punch on Dabura.

2: What if nobody had fought or insulted Majin Buu at all in the moments after his release? What if they had instead either just played it cautiously or tried to kill Babidi but ignored Buu? Would Buu even bother fighting or is he just too goofy to have bothered without the perceived insult/threat?

3: What if in Super, Android 17 had showed up moments after Saiyan God Goku had lost to Beerus? Or after Vegetas Bulma Rage moment failed? What would Beerus' reaction have been to such an absurdly strong opponent arriving around that time?

If my math is correct (seldom the case) 17 would probably have been even MORE powerful then a freshly transformed God Goku.
    - big_adventure

Also!! What if Ginyu had body swapped with Gotenks or Gogeta??
    - big_adventure

More DBZ WHAT IF QUESTIONS! Basing this mostly off of the Anime version but Manga answers are welcome.

1: What if, when Majin Buu was born and had just started fighting Dabura, everyone else present had suddenly joined in for a dog pile?

So Gohan, Supreme Kai, Trunks, Goten and Babidi all realized how scary Buu was and started fighting moments after Buu landed his first punch on Dabura.
    Buu gets his candy. Furthermore, with Supreme Kai dead, that means no more Beerus or Whis.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Buu gets his candy. Furthermore, with Supreme Kai dead, that means no more Beerus or Whis.
    To be fair, that concept didn't exist yet, so Toriyama still could have put his pet cat into the show. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

2: What if nobody had fought or insulted Majin Buu at all in the moments after his release? What if they had instead either just played it cautiously or tried to kill Babidi but ignored Buu? Would Buu even bother fighting or is he just too goofy to have bothered without the perceived insult/threat?

3: What if in Super, Android 17 had showed up moments after Saiyan God Goku had lost to Beerus? Or after Vegetas Bulma Rage moment failed? What would Beerus' reaction have been to such an absurdly strong opponent arriving around that time?

If my math is correct (seldom the case) 17 would probably have been even MORE powerful then a freshly transformed God Goku.
    1. I don't think it would have made a difference.

2. That actually might have worked for a while, especially if he was befriended by some people. He's still got a crazy temper, though, so as soon as some idiot went too far and hurt his friend or stole his pudding, he might blow up the planet by mistake in rage.

3. Ugh, I still really really hate how they scaled the power levels for 17 and 18. I get that they needed to have the fighters, that the characters are popular enough to have along, et. al. But there are reasons for Goku and Vegeta to attain their levels - Saiyan origins, crazy motivation, avoidance of real jobs, etc. 17 has none of those, and thus no possible reason to arrive at anything close to SSG power, much less the levels seen after.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan