Default Mavel vs DC Tug of War

Just a basic tug of war with an unbreakable rope. No other powers are allowed. Which team comes out on top?

616 and Post Crisis for all characters.

Marvel:
    Thor
    Hulk
    Wonderman

vs

DC:
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Martian Manhunter

DC for the win.

Firstly, they’d react quicker at the bell and be pulling before the Marvel guys. Secondly, Wonder Man is very much the weak link here - he’s Class 100, but he’s very much the threshold guy for ‘You must be this high to ride the Class 100 roller coaster’, whereas the others are all comfortably in that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    DC for the win.

Firstly, they’d react quicker at the bell and be pulling before the Marvel guys. Secondly, Wonder Man is very much the weak link here - he’s Class 100, but he’s very much the threshold guy for ‘You must be this high to ride the Class 100 roller coaster’, whereas the others are all comfortably in that class.
    I said no other powers, which would include speed. I though Wonder Woman and Wonder Man were in the same ballpark in terms of strength?

Hmmm... Simon can/has lifted small landmasses before (think islands) unless I am conflating his feats with someone else.

Diana, post crisis, is pulling around 1/3 of the moon.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hmmm... Simon can/has lifted small landmasses before (think islands) unless I am conflating his feats with someone else.

Diana, post crisis, is pulling around 1/3 of the moon.
    Yup. Simon lifted the island on which Hydrobase was located when that was Avengers HQ.

That’s impressive.

Diana is waaaaaaay above that.

She’s going to be 5th strongest, but there’s a big gap to 6th.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

These 3 pulled the earth working as a team. That's...a bit beyond team marvel.

PS. Whenever I think of Simon’s strength feats, I always picture the image from West Coast Avenger Annual #1 where he was juggling elephants.

I mean it’s not that impressive a feat for a certified Class 100 guy, and PETA would absolutely hate it, but it’s just so... so... WTF?!

What if we replaced Simon with Hercules?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    What if we replaced Simon with Hercules?
    I'd still be inclined to go with the team with the proven track record of tugging celestial bodies around.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'd still be inclined to go with the team with the proven track record of tugging celestial bodies around.
    That limits out characters that can't fly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That limits out characters that can't fly though.
    True. I would imagine Thor, Hulk and Hercules could pull the moon if it were just a dense small object on flat land.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Does the manhunters strength vary according to the shape he shifts into or does it remain constant regardless? There is a no powers stipulation so I am asking out of curiosity mostly as I don't seem to recall it having ever been stated definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Does the manhunters strength vary according to the shape he shifts into or does it remain constant regardless? There is a no powers stipulation so I am asking out of curiosity mostly as I don't seem to recall it having ever been stated definitively.
    Doesn't affect much.
    - big_adventure

In the No Surrender storyline, Hercules, Jane Thor, and Sunspot had to hold a machine spinning with the force and mass of the globe in place, which they managed. In that same story Hulk was shown overpowering Hercules, JaneThor, and Rogue at the same time, in raw strength.

I'm not sure how trying to move a planet through space compares to holding it's rotation steady, but trying to hold something that's rotating still is a hell of a lot harder than pulling it pushing a weight.

Edit: Jane Thor wasn't helping hold it. She was helping Lightning recharge it.

Hulk's held Sakaar together, Thor's lifted Jorgumandr, Hercules is generally shown as at least as strong as Thor. Tugging 1/3 of a planet should be relatively simple for them, if they could fly with power equivalent to their strength.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 09-30-2019 at 01:01 PM.