Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    A cartoon where if they go the teen route someone else's fave is turned into the Auntie Teacher. If they go all adult a TAS revival. I'm easy.
    If they did do a TAS revival, I feel strongly that they should throw a lot of newer characters and elements in there. I’m not saying it needs to become all Goldballs, Pixie and Transonic, but, if you’re going to make an X-Men program in 2020 onward, it’s be strange not to take advantage of material from the intervening years.

give us the new kids(who arent new anymore but they might as well be)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    give us the new kids(who arent new anymore but they might as well be)!!!
    New by comparison!

Yeah, it's all relative. I consider X-23 to be new even though 2003/2004 was quite a while ago, because it's a whole lot more recent then the '60s, '70s and '80s when many of the most popular X-Men were created.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    New by comparison!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, it's all relative. I consider X-23 to be new even though 2003/2004 was quite a while ago, because it's a whole lot more recent then the '60s, '70s and '80s when many of the most popular X-Men were created.
    Exactly! I really wanna see the academy x "kids" beyond cameos. I like lots of the aaron/bendis kiddos but mostly based on design because theres not much else to go on so i cant see them being more than visual gags or background props

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Maybe it’s because I’m an older person, but I didn’t understand a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I don’t think that’s the reason, haha.
    um, just messing with pitches.

being of service is very different than sales, I suppose (is there where I explain myself for you?)

I could break it down. Like: okay here is what I meant. But you two could have done that if that's what you meant.

An animated X-Men series could be most anything, but would be best 'served' to the market that's ordering it...so, it'd look like them, talk like them, fit their current ideology about consumption, diet, packaging, congratulate their feed responsively with empathetic anticipation...appropriate adage...and of course, complete transparency tweeted carefully by the creators...with solicitations in variant arrays...etc.

Are there standards for how animated characters should be treated? There ought to be. It's dangerous these days to displace the horrible things men do into 'adult' animations where the evil goes on...the picture of a person is a person you know...so, I worry about the X-Men when it's aimed at kids or adult kids...that way, these days.

Many many violent voices laugh at things meanly...from made forums.

I had no idea I was supposed to be understood...hopefully understanding is possible...but nobody does that before...or should be haha'ed....for unsaid reasons.

Or that in response to my thoughts, I'd be spoken 'of'...not 'to' - that's funny?

But that is just me...totally, I understand.

I think it would be great if it was called Doug
    and was just about Doug Ramsey.

248d614e-04eb-487d-b1d9-8a3c529c355a.jpg
    EEMNKL0WsAAhuYQ.jpg
    Last edited by sungila; 09-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Just call it X-Men Academy. I'd actually make it sort of similar to the My Hero Academia anime.

We get the perspective of a new student being recruited. School festivals. Romance. Training. Homework. Just with you know the X-Men as your teachers. Has to pick their squad. Competition between Wind Dancer's group and Hellion's. Class rankings. Field trips to familiar places with X-Men as guides.

Throw in some villain attacks and sentinels we got some drama.

Keep it simple and friendly to new viewers.
    Academy X and Avengers Academy there can be episodes where the schools have sporting events and compete against each other. Complete with cheerleaders and coaches as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Academy X and Avengers Academy there can be episodes where the schools have sporting events and compete against each other. Complete with cheerleaders and coaches as well.
    crossover episode going against Avengers Academy and maybe Future Foundation or Braddock Academy sounds fun

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Mutants vol 2/New X-Men Academy X? That would be best saved for later seasons. They could do that eventually (using later introduced students as well), but they should introduce the X-Men proper first.
    I mean I'd make it similar to Young Justice in the sense that the younger mutants get a lot of focus .... but the X-Men are still running things. they are the teachers and mentors are run the missions besides the school.

https://www.newsarama.com/47515-marv...ny-report.html

Bringing this back up again, because the possibility of us getting a good X-Men animated series just increased a thousand fold. Jeph Loeb is leaving, just after Kevin Feige was made Chief Creative Officer of Marvel. Not only has Feige been the architect of the MCU, but he also produced the short-lived and awesome Wolverine and the X-Men series way back when.

So, now that we have a legitimate chance at good animation for Marvel, including X-Men, what do you want to see?

Discuss.

I would like to continue from the end of Wolverine and the X-Men, but just have it be X-Men or Uncanny X-Men. Jean and Hank work together and restore Emma Frost. Scott leads the new X-Men, with Emma, Jean, Hank, Kitty, Bobby, Rogue, and Logan. First mission rescue the Cuckoos from the Hellfire Club. Selene was shown in the last few episodes and could easily be the big bad for the season, the final story arc of the season could be Necrosha. The best thing, Jean is alive and doesn't have to die, she is back as a regular staring character and isn't written out. Even if they do a love triangle with Scott, Jean, and Emma, no one gets written out or killed off. But the show should be centred on all of the X-Men, no just Wolverine this time. The could continue some of the other arcs like Lorna, Wanda, and Kurt rebuilding Genosha. Magneto and Pietro form the new brotherhood. They were going to have Xavier still in a coma and he could communicate with Emma and Jean to try and stop the rise of Apocalypse.

The biggest flaw of that show was too much focus on Logan, it should have been more ensemble, but when the whole team was together it was pretty good. I like it as a good starting point to move forward from, plus there was a pretty good story set up for the 2nd season with the rise of Apocalypse, and the Hellfire Club with Selene and Sebastian, and the new brotherhood with Magneto and Pietro.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We already have My Hero Academia so no thanks from Disney.
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We already have My Hero Academia so no thanks from Disney.
    Yeah, I think My Hero Academia is just so big, fun and succelsful that can be a problem for a posible X-men show. They share a few concepts that My Hero Academia just does very good.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So, now that we have a legitimate chance at good animation for Marvel, including X-Men, what do you want to see?
    I would want all the X-men as early adults, don't want any extinction plots, do phoenix but with tons of build up. No love triangles.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-22-2019 at 08:55 AM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I'd want a new series to adapt stories from 2001-onward--start with the Morrison/Casey/Milligan/Claremont era, and go forward. When it does revisit things from the previous era, use some nice flashbacks.

If they did do a series that took from the whole range of books, I'd want it to be borderline slavish to the canon. Start with very faithful, multi-part adaptation of Giant-Size X-Men #1 and work forward from there. Call it Uncanny X-Men.

For either version: Occasionally, like between seasons, release miniseries spin-offs and/or one-offs for extremely relevant side stories, like Rogue vs. the Avengers/Carol and her road to the doors of X-Mansion, BWS' Weapon X, the original Longshot miniseries, the first bit of the mid-70s Captain Britain series, the first bit of New Mutants, and the like. (If things like New Mutants take, adapt their good, cohesive chunks as miniseries.)

I'd also love for the powers that be to rethink what a "season" means. I'd like to not have annual seasons always be ~12 episodes, for example. Trying to fit into such a rigid container creates a lot of filler and leaves stuff on the floor. Look at cohesive chunks of stories in the book, break them down into chapters, and see how many episodes it would take to tell that chapter. Trim some fat. Maybe it's 8 episodes this time, maybe it's 10 next time. Maybe they come out annually, maybe they come out every six months. Maybe the "season" is quite long, but has a break in the middle where it makes sense for the story and for the schedule.

Oh, and episodes release release weekly and have no commercial breaks.

Broadly, it's like: If Marvel redefined superhero movies and the connected cinematic universe, what can they do with an X-Men (and from there, Marvel) animated universe? (How can they do it better than the DC Animated Universe?)

BANNED

https://www.newsarama.com/47515-marv...ny-report.html

Bringing this back up again, because the possibility of us getting a good X-Men animated series just increased a thousand fold. Jeph Loeb is leaving, just after Kevin Feige was made Chief Creative Officer of Marvel. Not only has Feige been the architect of the MCU, but he also produced the short-lived and awesome Wolverine and the X-Men series way back when.

Discuss.
    Cort Lane (and Wacker?) are still in charge of animation though.