Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    But then you’re just creating a corporate branded My Hero Academia knock-off. Seems a tad cynical to me, like if they’d brought back Blade for tweens after Twilight, except now Blade is at high school with werewolf friends and glitter.
    Except the X-Men have been doing hero schools since the 60s.

If anything MHA is a knock of the X-Men
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, I think My Hero Academia is just so big, fun and succelsful that can be a problem for a posible X-men show. They share a few concepts that My Hero Academia just does very good.
    Somehow I doubt they’re not going to make an animated series for one of Marvel’s most popular IPs “because MHA”.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cort Lane (and Wacker?) are still in charge of animation though.

And Feige is above everyone.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

So, now that we have a legitimate chance at good animation for Marvel, including X-Men, what do you want to see?

Discuss.
    What was stopping them from giving us good animation before? Money problems?

pfft.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What was stopping them from giving us good animation before? Money problems?

pfft.
    Loeb was stopping us.

I want a high quality series with a “safe” cast choice
    Of a-listers as our first new xmen series.

After its success I’d be down for spinoffs with more obscure characters and ideas.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Loeb was stopping us.
    Yeah, weren't Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes all axed not long after he got the job? The replacements were Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Avengers Assemble.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would like to see them do it like Justice League Unlimited, Young Justice, or Earths Mightest Heroes. Have a season long over arching story playing in the background with smaller stories mixed in. Sort of like how comics should be. The big thing is DON'T DUMB IT DOWN like they did with Avengers Assemble. Kids and teens are not stupid and writing your show to appeal to 5 years olds is just not a good idea.
    Yes to all this.

And, like Young Justice, focus on a fresher cast, and leave the old standard-bearers in the background, just as Young Justice does with the League. I don't mind Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, etc. being in it, but I'd rather focus on some characters that haven't gotten as much play, whether a less-focused-on group of X-Men (Angel, Bishop, Dazzler, Banshee, etc.) or a younger generation (classic New Mutants, Academy X, Five Lights, Bendis brats, a mish-mash of all of the above, whatEVER).

I don't really need the seventy-fifth retelling of the Dark Phoenix saga, for instance. Been there. Done that.

Loeb was stopping us.
    I think it may be Perlmutter. He's notorious for cutting costs and it makes sense that would he deem animation unimportant and want it done dirt cheap.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cort Lane (and Wacker?) are still in charge of animation though.
    I think you're right. There hasn't been any clarify that the recent shake-up with Marvel Entertainment has changed anything with respect animation at Marvel. Near as I can tell, the Spider-Man cartoon is still going and there are no plans for anything new. Maybe that will change with Loeb leaving, but I don't see this changing in the immediate future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Kevin Feige is the Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, which was restructured to give him full control. He’s essentially the boss of all bosses now and will make decisions that impact all Marvel media.

BANNED

Id appreciate a straight up animated adaptation of Claremont XMen instead of a remix. Like manga does. Just trust the strength of whats already been written instead of trying to put a gimmicky spin on it.

I'd like to see something with great animation as well - however I don't want a rehash of what we've gotten in the past. I love what we had, and I don't want to tread over the same plots again and again. I really think it'd be nice to focus on some of the newer ideas and stories presented in the comics.

I would love to see some Academy X characters and New Mutants get some focus. Particularly Moonstar, Magik and Karma. I don't want a revamped TAS. I would also love for Psylocke to finally get some animated love and be a central character as opposed to just being in an episode or two.

I think if they followed a path similar to Ultimate X-Men that would be neat, mix up the line-up, but tell the stories we are familiar with from a new and modern perspective.

Earlier on the first page I saw someone say they'd break it down like:

Season 1 - Villains are Mags and Brotherhood
    Season 2 - Friends Against Humanity
    Season 3 - Apocalypse

I feel like that set up is too predictable there are villains that really haven't seen much screen time we can explore.

Sublime, Casandra Nova, Children of the Vault, Avengers & InHumans...Madylne Pryor, Saturn-9, etc etc
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, weren't Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes all axed not long after he got the job? The replacements were Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Avengers Assemble.

This post sent shivers down my spine
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8